Windows 10: icons missing on desktop and taskbar after removing OneDrive and ...

Discus and support icons missing on desktop and taskbar after removing OneDrive and ... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I uninstalled OneDrive earlier today, and it has turned out to be a BIG mistake. There are now no icons on my desktop except the Recycle Bin, and all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Florio, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Florio Win User

icons missing on desktop and taskbar after removing OneDrive and ...

I uninstalled OneDrive earlier today, and it has turned out to be a BIG mistake. There are now no icons on my desktop except the Recycle Bin, and all icons have disappeared from my task bar except for the standard Microsoft apps (volume, battery, network etc.). A couple of icons are also missing from Start (programs I've installed), and my personalized Firefox browser is missing all sorts of icons (mainly for addons), and has a few other problems as well. *cry

The culprit may not entirely be OneDrive, however. A couple of hours ago I also changed the name of my user profile, following the instructions given here:

How to Rename User Profile Directory in Windows 10, 8 and 7 | Password Recovery

When I logged on to Windows again using my own account, I got a message saying that the OneDrive folder in the old profile could no longer be found.

I've now reinstalled OneDrive and the desktop icons (and relative files) are still stored there but I don't know how to get them back onto my desktop. Neither do I know how to restore all of the other missing icons.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

:)

Florio, Aug 21, 2019
  2. FrankS Win User

Safely Remove Hardware icon missing

Hi
    In the last few days the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon has gone missing from my Taskbar. Also, if I right-click on the USB stick or USB hard drive in 'This Computer' the Eject option is missing.
    In PC Settings/Personalisation/Taskbar/Notification area/Select which icons appear on the taskbar I have 'Always show all icons in the notification area' switched on & all items in the list are in the 'on' state including 'Windows Explorer (Safely Remove Hardware & Eject Media).
    Any suggestions?

FrankS, Aug 21, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    OneDrive icon suddenly in taskbar - can't remove

Hello cedar, *Smile

It looks like the OneDrive folder icon is showing from the Desktop toolbar being added to the taskbar and expanded open (dragged) to the left some to expose it.

If you don't want the Desktop toolbar, then you can remove it to also remove the OneDrive icon.

*Arrow Remove Toolbars on Taskbar in Windows 10

If you do want the Desktop folder, then you can drag that line just to the left of the Desktop to the right until OneDrive is hidden.

Brink, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

1. icons missing on desktop and taskbar after removing OneDrive and ... - Similar Threads - icons missing desktop

2. How to remove OneDrive icon from taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove OneDrive icon from taskbar: Hello,I cannot remove OneDrive from the taskbar. I found instructions that said to remove it I should "On the Settings tab, uncheck all the boxes under General;" however, I want OneDrive to start when I open my laptop so I do not want to follow those instructions.All I really...
  3. How to remove onedrive icon from taskbar.

How to remove onedrive icon from taskbar.: 22H2 has placed a onedrive icon on the taskbar when onedrive is running. I already have the icon in the notification area. It doesn't required duplication.It appears bottom left in the area where pinned items would appear. However it's not listed...
  4. How to remove onedrive icon from taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove onedrive icon from taskbar.: 22H2 has placed a onedrive icon on the taskbar when onedrive is running. I already have the icon in the notification area. It doesn't required duplication.It appears bottom left in the area where pinned items would appear. However it's not listed...
  5. How to remove onedrive icon from taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Missing taskbar and Icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing taskbar and Icons on desktop: Within the last week my desktop changed. I lost all links I had posted and lost the taskbar. What appeared is the display one used to get when clicking the WINDOWS icon, bottom left. New computer, Windows 10 32 bit. How do I remove the current dislay on desktop & restore...
  7. OneDrive icon suddenly in taskbar - can't remove

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive icon suddenly in taskbar - can't remove: All of a sudden for some reason a OneDrive icon suddenly appeared in my taskbar and I can't figure out how to remove it. Right-click offers no options. Can anyone help me with permanently removing it? I can't deal with the taskbar space it takes up. [img] thanks in...
  8. How to remove OneDrive desktop icon

How to remove OneDrive desktop icon: After upgrade of Win7 to Win10 I got an Onedrive icon on my desktop. It can't be deleted. [img] [img] Is there a way to disable this icon in the registry? What is the guid? 37113
  9. taskbar missing and desktop icons missing_black background no icons

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar missing and desktop icons missing_black background no icons: My taskbar is missing and my icons on the desktop are missing as well the background is dark kindly help*Shock 24989
  10. Missing Desktop icons, taskbar icons changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Desktop icons, taskbar icons changed: This morning when I booted up my desktop, all of my icons on the desktop were missing, although the shortcut is still there and works. The icons in the taskbar now have a generic looking icon. Right clicking on the start menu no longer brings up the menu and when I go to file...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive has removed desktop icons