Windows 10: Icons missing their image on Windows Explorer

Discus and support Icons missing their image on Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, everyone. I'm with a problem on my Windows 10, which is the following: some icons when searched by Windows Explorer does not show their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alstreim, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Alstreim Win User

Icons missing their image on Windows Explorer

Hello, everyone.

I'm with a problem on my Windows 10, which is the following: some icons when searched by Windows Explorer does not show their default image. To lighten, here some images that shows the problem.

Icons missing their image on Windows Explorer [​IMG]

Weird is that some programs do not show this problem:

Another thing is that the programs that do not show their default image when searched, show their image if fixed on start menu:

I've already tried to uninstall, reinstall the programs and rebuild the ImageCache.db but without sucess.

If anyone knows anything about this and can lighten my head, i would be grateful.

Thanks in advance

:)

Alstreim, Oct 30, 2016

2. Missing Icons

Hello

All my icons have gone missing, taskbar,desktop,file icons in explorer, everything. This happened after I brought my PC out to my living room's 4K TV where my icons went missing along with my desktop background. When I changed it back to my room's 1080p
    TV, the problem persisted.

I tried refreshing the Icon cache, using the sfc/scannow thing, windows update but the icons are still missing. For explorer, a black "L" icon appears sometimes in the place of the normal icons. Please help, thank you.

HafizHaron, Oct 30, 2016
  3. loiselles Win User
    windows 10 volume icon missing from task bar, greyed out and fixes noted for previous versions of windows don't work

Any ideas how to fix this?

Volume icon is missing from taskbar. I've followed steps suggested for other windows versions with no luck.

In taskbar properties, the blue box that should contain an icon, is empty. Note: the Windows Explorer (safely remove hardware and eject media) is also missing from taskbar and icon box is empty.

In settings, the option to turn volume icon back on is greyed out.

loiselles, Oct 30, 2016
  4. karstenes Win User

This might be the imagres.dll. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give you the file from my computer, but try a sfc /scannow in admin command prompt (windows button+x then press a).

karstenes, Oct 30, 2016
  5. Alstreim Win User
    Tried what you suggested but whitout success, i deleted manually the imageres.dll, then i runned the sfc/scannow that repaired the files, but the problem wasn't fixed.

But, thank you anyway.

Alstreim, Oct 30, 2016
  6. karstenes Win User
    Have you tried restarting explorer.exe? Open task manager, go to the processes tab, click on explorer.exe and end it. Then go to file in the top right and click run. In the box that pops up put explorer.exe and press enter.

karstenes, Oct 30, 2016
  7. Alstreim Win User
    This was one of the first things i've tried *Smile and multiple times, cause most solutions i tried required restarting explorer.exe

Alstreim, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Icons missing their image on Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Icons missing image

2. Missing icons in Windows Explorer and desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing icons in Windows Explorer and desktop: Hi. Recently i created a new user profile, but when i activated the account, i see that the icons on desktop are only names and when i open windows explorer, there is no icons or when i open control panel, theres even nothing.Note: when i log in to my account, windows...
  3. Missing icons in Windows Explorer and desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing icons in Windows Explorer and desktop: Hi. Recently i created a new user profile, but when i activated the account, i see that the icons on desktop are only names and when i open windows explorer, there is no icons or when i open control panel, theres even nothing.Note: when i log in to my account, windows...
  4. File Explorer image icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer image icons: I am viewing these images as ''Large Icons"', how can i get rid of the blue squares in front of them? They are obscuring my preview of the images. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-image-icons/057318b7-13ab-49c9-aaa0-40a4c3723e65
  5. File Explorer image icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer image icons: I am viewing these images as ''Large Icons"', how can i get rid of the blue squares in front of them? They are obscuring my preview of the images. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-image-icons/057318b7-13ab-49c9-aaa0-40a4c3723e65
  6. File Explorer image icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. No image thumbnail in explorer Icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No image thumbnail in explorer Icons: Image icons shows up as blank dokument, i.e there is no image preview. I have checked that the option "allways show icons, never thumbnail" is not checked. I have used "Cleanmgr" to clean out thumbnails. I have deleted the thumnail cashe. Nothing of this works I have...
  8. Icons present, but their images missing. Also, in any explorer window.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons present, but their images missing. Also, in any explorer window.: Screenshot attached. Icons are present, but their images are not. And it's the same thing in any windows explorer window. I have tried rebuilding my icon cache, and I have tried various RegEdit tutorials. I created an entirely new Windows account to test it, and still the...
  9. Icon images missing in dekstop and file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon images missing in dekstop and file explorer: My computer is a Lenovo Y700 laptop. Specs: i7 6700HQ @ 2.6GHz (Turbo to 3.5), GeForce GTX 960M 4GB, 16GB Ram, 256GB SSD. I had to force a log-off after a game (Tom Clancy's The Division) got locked up. I was able to use Ctrl-Alt-Del instead of holding down the power...
  10. Icon Images Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon Images Missing: Hey guys. I’m new to the whole forum business, so I’m afraid I’m going to require a bit of tolerance, hand-holding and general pointing in the right direction. If my problem has been covered elsewhere, I do apologise, but just point me at it. The scenario: an Intel i5...