Windows 10: icons move from one computer to another

Discus and support icons move from one computer to another in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, When I boot my laptop I get the icons from my desktop/tower computer on my laptop desktop. I delete them but on the next boot they come back.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by collieman22, Nov 21, 2019.

1. icons move from one computer to another

Hi guys, When I boot my laptop I get the icons from my desktop/tower computer on my laptop desktop. I delete them but on the next boot they come back. I think it's due to onedrive. I thought it had to do with syncing so I turned it off but still the same thing. I googled the problem but it gave no answer. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thank you.

:)

collieman22, Nov 21, 2019

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Nov 28, 2019
  3. techguy31 Win User
    Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

I see. I was using a 23" monitor before and the highest resolution was below 1080p so I guess windows remembers that monitors resolution right? I have tried de.das.dude suggestion, but everytime I turn off the computer after arranging the icons it goes back to misarranging the icons.

techguy31, Nov 28, 2019
  4. icons move from one computer to another

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

icons move from one computer to another

1. icons move from one computer to another - Similar Threads - icons move computer

2. Moving from one boot drive to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving from one boot drive to another: So on my windows 10 PC i have 3 drives:My SSD - Which was my old main drive that was running windows and still has it Important filesJust a storage drive Important filesMy new 3TB HD - Which is running windows on it now No important filesIm trying to switch back to windows on...
  3. Move Windows From One Drive To Another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Windows From One Drive To Another: I have three drives C,D & E. I want to move windows and do a clean install from C to E, but keep the files that are on D. The main reason is that C is tiny and out of space and E is faster and much larger. I don't care about preferences and applications being lost as I have...
  4. Move Windows From One Drive To Another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Windows From One Drive To Another: I have three drives C,D & E. I want to move windows and do a clean install from C to E, but keep the files that are on D. The main reason is that C is tiny and out of space and E is faster and much larger. I don't care about preferences and applications being lost as I have...
  5. Files moved from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files moved from one drive to another: Hello,So recently my files have been moved from one drive to another, my files in drive C: are now in drive F:, and the ones in drive F: are now in drive E:, and I'm logged into a default user instead of mine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?...
  6. Files moved from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files moved from one drive to another: Hello,So recently my files have been moved from one drive to another, my files in drive C: are now in drive F:, and the ones in drive F: are now in drive E:, and I'm logged into a default user instead of mine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?...
  7. Moving Files from one device to another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Files from one device to another.: Hello. I have very little storage on my SSD, and I would like to move some files, such as documents, pictures, downloads, onedrive and videos onto the drive. But I did move it, but when I check my SSD C: and go onto users, pictures documents and onedrive are still there, does...
  8. Moving Win10 from one SSD to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving Win10 from one SSD to another: Hi, I bought a new SSD and want to move my system to that disk. There is a total of 3 disks in the system: 0 - which is a HDD and it looks like I'm booting from that 1 - the old SSD 2- the new SSD Goal is to only boot from 2 and remove 1. 0 can stay. I cloned 1 to 2 with...
  9. Move a Microsoft Store installation from one computer to another?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Move a Microsoft Store installation from one computer to another?: Hello, I purchased Forza Horizon 4 on my PC, and the windows store completely deleted my copy to install it again for no reasonunfortunately. I've isnce had to download it on a laptop elsewhere as I have a low data cap, and now would like to copy it to my PC, as it will run...
  10. Moving SSD from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving SSD from one PC to another: I have 2 laptops of different brands with completely different hardware, both with Windows 10 Home. The first laptop had a 250GB SSD, and the second had a 1TB HDD. I upgraded the first laptop to a 500GB SSD, and put the 250GB SSD in the second instead of the 1TB HDD. So the...