Windows 10: icons moved to second monitor

Discus and support icons moved to second monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; overnight the icons of my desktop have moved to to my external monitor that is set as extended . How could I move them back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FredMoasser, Apr 9, 2020.

1. icons moved to second monitor

overnight the icons of my desktop have moved to to my external monitor that is set as extended . How could I move them back

:)

FredMoasser, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

How to stop all the main screen icons moving to second monitor (Windows10) ?

Hi,

This can be a default when opening a game to maximize the functionality of having two monitors. To clarify the issue, we need additional information:

• When you close the game, do the icons go back to the main display or does it stays on the second monitor?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Anne Ros, Apr 9, 2020
  3. qubit Win User
    Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink icons moved to second monitor ;)

qubit, Apr 9, 2020
  4. icons moved to second monitor

Icons move to the left on a 4K monitor

Hi Dirk,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is display settings or icon settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change auto arrange icon settings and also update display adapter driver in the Device Manager. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to change auto arrange icon settings.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on View.

3. Uncheck mark on Auto arrange icons.

Step 2: I suggest you to update the latest driver for display adapter in the Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.

5. Follow the instruction to update the driver.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using monitor and change in desktop icon settings, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

icons moved to second monitor

1. icons moved to second monitor - Similar Threads - icons moved second

2. Mouse doesn't move to the second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse doesn't move to the second monitor: Hi,I have 3 monitors one of them is connected to KVM so I can jump between 2 computers 2 screen each - one dedicated and one KVM switch screen.In one computer I can move the mouse between two screens and in the other one I can't the mouse blocked in the side of the screen.The...
  3. Mouse doesn't move to the second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse doesn't move to the second monitor: Hi,I have 3 monitors one of them is connected to KVM so I can jump between 2 computers 2 screen each - one dedicated and one KVM switch screen.In one computer I can move the mouse between two screens and in the other one I can't the mouse blocked in the side of the screen.The...
  4. Windows 11 Desktop icons keep moving to my second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Desktop icons keep moving to my second monitor: Hello,Recently, all of my desktop icons have started moving to my second monitor even though my main monitor is set as my main monitor under Windows 11 settings. I currently have my main monitor set at 1920x1080 @ 100% zoom in Windows settings and my second monitor at...
  5. Windows 11 Desktop icons keep moving to my second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Desktop icons keep moving to my second monitor: Hello,Recently, all of my desktop icons have started moving to my second monitor even though my main monitor is set as my main monitor under Windows 11 settings. I currently have my main monitor set at 1920x1080 @ 100% zoom in Windows settings and my second monitor at...
  6. desktop icons move to second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons move to second monitor: Having used a small monitor as a second display for years, I bought a new larger one. Now, every time I try to use 'extend' display all the carefully arranged desktop icons move to totally irrational places on the second screen. It is clear this bug has been around for...
  7. No utility icons on second monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No utility icons on second monitor.: I have 2 monitors and they both have a taskbar. I've noticed that the small icons next to the date/clock are not on the second screen. Is there a setting to do this or third party application to do this? submitted by /u/Qryza [link] [comments]...
  8. Will moving desktop icons on a second monitor change them on the main monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will moving desktop icons on a second monitor change them on the main monitor?: I have a HDMI switcher on my main monitor. When I'm not displaying my PC on it, everything switches to my second monitor which is smaller so the desktop icons are all funky. If I move them around when they're on the second monitor, will they be moved when they go back to the...
  9. second monitor icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    second monitor icons: recently I have set up a second monitor on my windows desktop. everything is working fine however I would like to know if there is a way to mirror my desktop icons without mirroring the hole screen...
  10. Moving Icons on Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Icons on Dual Monitors: On my dual monitor system there are shortcut icons that will move themselves to the 2nd monitor (HDMI connection). I don't use the 2nd full time so I would like them to stay on the 1st. To move them back I have to turn on the other monitor and drag them back. If I unplug the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 icons moving to second monitor

2. icons move to second monitor