Windows 10: Icons moving from right side of desktop

Discus and support Icons moving from right side of desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi, maybe someone had the same issue as me. Since Windows XP I always had my trash on the right bottom corner of the destkop. And everytime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bajorro, May 21, 2020.

1. Icons moving from right side of desktop

Icons moving from right side of desktop J1JPNlrQ6MrDX3WvXThOQ3ZGNhf132MtP3DH-xJuKM0.jpg

Hi,
    maybe someone had the same issue as me.
    Since Windows XP I always had my trash on the right bottom corner of the destkop.
    And everytime I move some icon to the right side, after restart it moves to the left (as you can see in the picture, my trash is moved from the right side). It moves only one "field" left and happens only to this side of desktop. Any ideas?

https://preview.redd.it/d18o45lg770...bp&s=45fbb3ebf52f7605486fd86cb9bed6e9eadff159

submitted by /u/bajorro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bajorro, May 21, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink Icons moving from right side of desktop ;)

qubit, May 21, 2020
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Freely moving desktop icons in windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the blank space on desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Align icons to grid.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, May 21, 2020
  4. techguy31 Win User

Icons moving from right side of desktop

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

I see. I was using a 23" monitor before and the highest resolution was below 1080p so I guess windows remembers that monitors resolution right? I have tried de.das.dude suggestion, but everytime I turn off the computer after arranging the icons it goes back to misarranging the icons.

techguy31, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Icons moving from right side of desktop

1. Icons moving from right side of desktop - Similar Threads - Icons moving right

2. Pin taskbar icons on the right side?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin taskbar icons on the right side?: Just curious...Is there a way to pin taskbar icons so they justify to the right side? 182815
  3. How can i move system tray icons to left side of taskbar and app icons to right side of the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i move system tray icons to left side of taskbar and app icons to right side of the...: How can I flip the taskbar like this shown in the image? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-move-system-tray-icons-to-left-side-of/9d657933-546a-46a6-91e9-955b1e73600c
  4. Desktop icons on right side is laggy + Laggy highlight box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop icons on right side is laggy + Laggy highlight box: Im having an issue where when i hover over desktop icons on the right side of my screen, it skips over a few in the middle where as this doesnt happen on the left side. Im also getting an issue where when i make a highlighted box and continue to move my mouse, the box just...
  5. How to move the taskbar icons located on the right side of the taskbar from a main monitor...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move the taskbar icons located on the right side of the taskbar from a main monitor...: [ATTACH] I managed to get the middle part of my taskbar onto my second monitor, but the right side of it isn't on it. Is there a way for me to do so? submitted by /u/Popular-Troller [link] [comments]...
  6. move a Icon from taskbar to desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    move a Icon from taskbar to desktop: Move a Icon from taskbar and pace it on my desktop . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-a-icon-from-taskbar-to-desktop/968a7476-d68c-440f-afad-e6b6658e21ce
  7. can you move the app icon list on the desktop to the right side of the screen

can you move the app icon list on the desktop to the right side of the screen: the icons are on the left side of the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-move-the-app-icon-list-on-the-desktop-to/e4cfec7d-249c-4fff-afea-fea650f1411d
  8. Moving Taskbar to side moves all desktop icons. How to prevent that?

Moving Taskbar to side moves all desktop icons. How to prevent that?: So I move the taskbar from the bottom to the right, because it helps me when trying to code vs playing a video game in windowed fullscreen. Normally the moved desktop icons wouldn't annoy me, because I could move the taskbar back to get them to be in the right place....
  9. Can I move favorites bar from right screen side to left side?

Can I move favorites bar from right screen side to left side?: Is there is way to move my pinned Favorites bar from the right side of the screen to the left side of the screen? I think it is more convenient to get it on the left. Thank you...
  10. Move an Icon from the Taskbar to the Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Move an Icon from the Taskbar to the Desktop?: Is there a way to make W10 move an Icon from the Taskbar to the Desktop? I could do this in W8.1 although I was using Start8. This has become a minor issue with W10 since when I install an update to a program (reinstall a newer version) the "old" Icon in the Taskbar...