Windows 10: Icons No Longer Visible

Discus and support Icons No Longer Visible in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a folder with 60 image files, and I can't seem to get an icon for any of them, much less use the Preview pane, in the View Menu of an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BroolynSong, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Icons No Longer Visible

Hello,

I have a folder with 60 image files, and I can't seem to get an icon for any of them, much less use the Preview pane, in the View Menu of an Explorer window. Slogging through 60 images by opening them one by one seems a bit...problematic.

I have been through the "View-->Options --> Change folder and search options" section more times than I care to count, as well as watching lots and lots of videos (which happen to all say the same thing).

Are there any other settings which might fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Carol

:)

BroolynSong, Sep 29, 2019

2. No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Jake May Win User
    Pinned icons on the taskbar are no longer visible

the icons I have pinned to my task bar are no longer visible Win 10 latest

not sure which Windows topic this should be in

yes, I've looked into other posts

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

[Original title/subject: task bar]

Jake May, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

Icons No Longer Visible

icon screen

Hi Richard,

To help you better provide us with the information below.

• Which build is currently running on your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software changes on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you Right click on Desktop Window> View > Check Shows desktop icons, check if the desktop icons are back on desktop.

Check if the Icons or files are available in the My Documents>Desktop folder, check if icons are visible in the folder.

Get back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Icons No Longer Visible

1. Icons No Longer Visible - Similar Threads - Icons Longer Visible

2. Wifi no longer visible to some but not all devices...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi no longer visible to some but not all devices...: Hi folks my pc - windows 10 - my home wifi network visible and connects fine my work pc - windows 10 - my home wifi network visible and connects fine girlfriends pc - windows 10 - my home wifi network is not visible from the wifi list so cannot connect to my home wifi...
  3. Drive F no longer Visible or Accessible in This PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive F no longer Visible or Accessible in This PC: My Device Manager Lists the following Disk Drives on my ACPI x64-based PC: Generic- Compact Flash USB Device Generic- MS/MS-Pro USB Device Generic- SD/MMC USB Device Generic- xD-Picture USB Device SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB Device SEAGATE FA GoFlex Desk...
  4. desktop icons are not visible in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons are not visible in windows 10: icons are not visible in my windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/desktop-icons-are-not-visible-in-windows-10/51eae92c-eb25-4db8-a2ec-41215fca423f
  5. System Icons Description is not visible.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Icons Description is not visible.: [img] When I mouse over to the system icons, they usually show the description of the system icons. For example, when I mouse over to the Wi-Fi icon, the connected wifi name would pop-up in a description box. or if I mouse over to the speaker, it would show 'sound'...
  6. WIFI icon not visible in Notification Area

WIFI icon not visible in Notification Area: I cannot get the WIFI status tile to show in the Notification Area. There is no option in Settings - Notifications and actions - to turn this off and on. 40365
  7. Network shares no longer visible in Explorer

Network shares no longer visible in Explorer: I have two machines: a laptop (Zebedee) and a desktop (Dougal). A couple of days ago I found that the network shares from both machines were no longer visible in Explorer on either machine. I noticed this after Zebedee (but not Dougal) had been upgraded to Windows 10 version...
  8. Shared Drives no longer visible in Explorer

Shared Drives no longer visible in Explorer: Hi,I know that there have been similar posts with similar issues. I have read the more but they are not exactly the same and I have tried some of the solutions posted but they have not worked.I have a desktop computer and a surface pro. The problem is with the desktop...
  9. Files No Longer Are Shown/Visible, But Exist (After Fall Update)

in Windows 10 Support
    Files No Longer Are Shown/Visible, But Exist (After Fall Update): I put off installing the Fall Creators Update to avoid headaches. Finally the nagging notifications became a headache themselves so I opted to go ahead and update. Unfortunately this caused issues with not my main HDD with Windows 10, but my additional two hard drives I have...
  10. screen becomes black, but desktop icons visible

in Windows 10 Support
    screen becomes black, but desktop icons visible: Hi there, I have windows 10 home, version 1709, latest built. My problem is that for some days now, out of a sudden the screen become black. The icons on the desktop are still there, but the icons on the taskbar are gone. I can restore everything by open the task manager...