Windows 10: Icons No Longer Visible

Discus and support Icons No Longer Visible in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a folder with 60 image files, and I can't seem to get an icon for any of them, much less use the Preview pane, in the View Menu of an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BroolynSong, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Icons No Longer Visible

Hello,

I have a folder with 60 image files, and I can't seem to get an icon for any of them, much less use the Preview pane, in the View Menu of an Explorer window. Slogging through 60 images by opening them one by one seems a bit...problematic.

I have been through the "View-->Options --> Change folder and search options" section more times than I care to count, as well as watching lots and lots of videos (which happen to all say the same thing).

Are there any other settings which might fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Carol

:)

BroolynSong, Sep 29, 2019

2. No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Jake May Win User
    Pinned icons on the taskbar are no longer visible

the icons I have pinned to my task bar are no longer visible Win 10 latest

not sure which Windows topic this should be in

yes, I've looked into other posts

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

[Original title/subject: task bar]

Jake May, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

Icons No Longer Visible

icon screen

Hi Richard,

To help you better provide us with the information below.

• Which build is currently running on your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software changes on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you Right click on Desktop Window> View > Check Shows desktop icons, check if the desktop icons are back on desktop.

Check if the Icons or files are available in the My Documents>Desktop folder, check if icons are visible in the folder.

Get back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Icons No Longer Visible

1. Icons No Longer Visible - Similar Threads - Icons Longer Visible

2. Icons are not visible on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons are not visible on Desktop: Hi, I can not see the all the icons on desktop and the single icon is visible but it is showing very long strip. I have tried to do the hidden files but all the files are visible on inside file explorer folder. I have tried to copy the same file from the inside folder it...
  3. Icons are not visible on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons are not visible on Desktop: Hi, I can not see the all the icons on desktop and the single icon is visible but it is showing very long strip. I have tried to do the hidden files but all the files are visible on inside file explorer folder. I have tried to copy the same file from the inside folder it...
  4. Certain icons are not visible

Certain icons are not visible: Icons of the apps I have downloaded from Microsoft Store are basically just an image icon I tried commands like "sfc /scannow" and still it doesn't fix it, but when I create a new User on Windows, in that profile icons are showing properly, is there any way to fix it on my...
  5. Certain icons are not visible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Certain icons are not visible: Icons of the apps I have downloaded from Microsoft Store are basically just an image icon I tried commands like "sfc /scannow" and still it doesn't fix it, but when I create a new User on Windows, in that profile icons are showing properly, is there any way to fix it on my...
  6. Bluetooth Icon not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Icon not visible: The Bluetooth icon is not being displayed on my laptop even though Bluetooth itself is on. I am unable to send or receive files through Bluetooth how do I fix this? I have tried restarting the windows explorer from the task manager but that didn't fix anything....
  7. Bluetooth Icon not visible

Bluetooth Icon not visible: The Bluetooth icon is not being displayed on my laptop even though Bluetooth itself is on. I am unable to send or receive files through Bluetooth how do I fix this? I have tried restarting the windows explorer from the task manager but that didn't fix anything....
  8. Hidden folders no longer visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden folders no longer visible: After the latest windows update, hidden folders like appdata in file explorer are no longer visible. Not only that, but they can't be set to visible either. Usually this is done through the View-tab, and then checking the "Hidden objects" checkbox, or by going to...
  9. Picture preview no longer visible?

Picture preview no longer visible?: Hi, so for some time now it's been like this with me, that on my win10 the pictures are shown in folders and on the desktop only as this blue photo file icon. it's just extremely annoying because I was once again too lazy to number all the photos, and now I have to search...
  10. Why are thumbnails no longer visible?

Why are thumbnails no longer visible?: Why are thumbnails no longer visible? I have already checked to make sure "show thumbnails instead of icons" is selected in visual effects. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-thumbnails-no-longer-visible/1539ed23-abca-433f-8100-18301cc6116b