Windows 10: Icons not appearing in desktop screen most of which are file icons

Discus and support Icons not appearing in desktop screen most of which are file icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The Icons of the folder also of some of the applications which have been installed from Internet not Microsoft Store have disappeared and is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CrazyMagicians, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Icons not appearing in desktop screen most of which are file icons

Icons not appearing in desktop screen most of which are file icons 72bd7d98-eaac-4e65-8bd9-5972e259d7e7?upload=true.png

The Icons of the folder also of some of the applications which have been installed from Internet not Microsoft Store have disappeared and is now blank. It was working fine before but after the recent update

these are my system information

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

:)

CrazyMagicians, Aug 16, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Error 404 Win User

Icons not appearing in desktop screen most of which are file icons

Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown Icons not appearing in desktop screen most of which are file icons :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Icons not appearing in desktop screen most of which are file icons

1. Icons not appearing in desktop screen most of which are file icons - Similar Threads - Icons appearing desktop

2. No icons appear on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No icons appear on desktop: Files don't appear on desktop but do in the desktop folder in the file explorer. The recycle bin icon turned into that gray rectangle at the top of the desktop that stretches the entire width of the screen. Icons don't appear in the desktop icon settings....
  3. No icons appear on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No icons appear on desktop: Files don't appear on desktop but do in the desktop folder in the file explorer. The recycle bin icon turned into that gray rectangle at the top of the desktop that stretches the entire width of the screen. Icons don't appear in the desktop icon settings....
  4. Desktop icon appearance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon appearance: When I moved my desktop icons across from my old to new computer both Acers and both using Windows 10 most of the icon tiles are now plain white and do not feature the distinctive site logo as was the case before.How can I restore?...
  5. Desktop icon appearance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon appearance: When I moved my desktop icons across from my old to new computer both Acers and both using Windows 10 most of the icon tiles are now plain white and do not feature the distinctive site logo as was the case before.How can I restore?...
  6. Desktop icon appearance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Most of desktop icons gone.

Most of desktop icons gone.: I signed off normally yesterday. When I signed up most of icons on my desktop were gone. I thought something bad happened but when I went into desktop folder in OneDrive everything was there but it didn't appear on my desktop....
  8. No icons appear on the desktop

No icons appear on the desktop: When I open Microsoft, the desktop is completely blank. None of the icons or shortcuts appear. When I try to add one, nothing shows up, but it is indicated that the shortcut already exists. How do I get my original desktop back?...
  9. "Desktop" icon not appearing

"Desktop" icon not appearing: Hello, I helped a user take his Desktop and change the location to his one drive, which promplty migrated the files to his onedrive no problem. The issue is, we didnt set up a Desktop folder on the onedrive first so, all the files are just listed in the base directory. Now...
  10. Select which icons appear on the taskbar blank Icon's

in Windows 10 Support
    Select which icons appear on the taskbar blank Icon's: Hello. I have one question, sorry for my english... is not to good *Sad. I have windows 10 and recently y clean my taskbar icons with the .reg posted in this site. My question is: Is normal that when i don't have or use a program in the taskbar the icon show in blank...