Windows 10: Icons not displaying on the desktop

Discus and support Icons not displaying on the desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; No icons displaying on the desktop. Done all the things, suggested on the internet, Microsoft support and everywhere else.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Adesh Tamrakar, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Icons not displaying on the desktop

No icons displaying on the desktop.

Done all the things, suggested on the internet, Microsoft support and everywhere else.

:)

Adesh Tamrakar, Dec 17, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Icons not displaying on the desktop

Desktop icons scattering after connecting secondary display

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you aware of any changes being made to the PC?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Are you using a HDMI cable or a VGA cable to connect the display?
    4. How are you re-arranging the icons?
    5. Have you tried connecting the display first and then switching on the PC?

I suggest you to try the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Try aligning the icons to grid.

1. Right click on the desktop and click on View.
    2. Now click on auto arrange icons and click on
      align icons to grid.

Method 2:

Try updating the display and monitor drivers. Refer the article
    update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Icons not displaying on the desktop

1. Icons not displaying on the desktop - Similar Threads - Icons displaying desktop

2. Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background: When I click Task View all my desktops don't have the background I set, instead the desktops display generic image icons instead of what the actual desktop background is. How to fix? Thank you!...
  3. Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task View desktop icons display generic icon, not desktop background: When I click Task View all my desktops don't have the background I set, instead the desktops display generic image icons instead of what the actual desktop background is. How to fix? Thank you!...
  4. Error in Displaying icons on desktop screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error in Displaying icons on desktop screen: I have noticed that there is an error while displaying icons on the desktop screen. After the last row of icons, you will find a gap between the taskbar & last icons rowand if you try to add icons in that gap then your current icons position will be changed. This should not...
  5. Error in Displaying icons on desktop screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error in Displaying icons on desktop screen: I have noticed that there is an error while displaying icons on the desktop screen. After the last row of icons, you will find a gap between the taskbar & last icons rowand if you try to add icons in that gap then your current icons position will be changed. This should not...
  6. Displays desktop, but none of the icons are "active"

Displays desktop, but none of the icons are "active": Just installed the security update two days ago. Since then, my computer takesinordinately long to boot up. It used to be maybe 15 seconds, now it takes over two minutes. Worse yet, two problems have developed: 1 the computer boots, my normal desktop is displayed, but...
  7. DESKTOP ICON NOT DISPLAYING PROPERLY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DESKTOP ICON NOT DISPLAYING PROPERLY: On window 10 on my laptop 75% of my icons are a little white box with dialogue at the bottom of them to say what they are if I enlarge them they are bigger but still a blank icon Micro Soft has suggested I reinstall windows which I did but everything is still the same...
  8. Desktop display...icon location

Desktop display...icon location: I like to separate my icons into categories. However, recently all icons moved to the left side of the screen and I can not change any icon locations. How to I correct this so I can relocate the icon position on the desktop?...
  9. Unidentified icon displaying on desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unidentified icon displaying on desktop: Today, I noticed a new icon on my Windows 10 Desktop: [ATTACH] If I right-click, no additional choices appear. The icon cannot be expanded. I have been unable to locate any possibly associated processes for this. Any ideas as to what this might be and how to remove...
  10. Don't create desktop display icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Don't create desktop display icon: Hi, Desktop Icon My desktop display gets cluttered with .txt file icons. Is there a way to put a .txt file in the desktop folder and not create a monitor display icon for it? It would be accessible from File Explorer via the desktop folder. Thanks 48095