Windows 10: Icons not displaying on the taskbar?

Discus and support Icons not displaying on the taskbar? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've searched everywhere online and cannot find a solution to this anywhere. Basically, it seems like windows has randomly chosen half... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GiganticNostril, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Icons not displaying on the taskbar?

Hi everyone,

I've searched everywhere online and cannot find a solution to this anywhere.

Basically, it seems like windows has randomly chosen half of my programs to not display an Icon for on the taskbar. It doesn't cause any issues functionality-wise, anytime I click on the blank space where the Icon should be, the program will open/close but it gets pretty annoying when I have multiple programs open.

I've tried resetting windows explorer, clearing the icon cache and more but nothing has worked.

Something interesting I noticed is that if I run Trello as an administrator, the icon will show when it normally won't. Unfortunately, this doesn't work for any other program.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

submitted by /u/GiganticNostril
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GiganticNostril, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Outside temperature display in taskbar

I followed these steps exactly and the only thing showing in my task bar is a sun icon but not temperatures are being displayed.

TerriDunaway, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Darshan J Win User

Icons not displaying on the taskbar?

Sound icon missing from taskbar

Hi,

Provide us with the below information to help you better.

Which build is currently running on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates and restart your computer, check if it fixes the issue.

Make sure Volume button display is enabled in taskbar.

• Open settings window
    • Click on personalization, on left pane select task bar.
    • On right pane click on 'select what icons appear on the taskbar'.
    • Toggle volume icon to make volume icon appear on task bar.

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Icons not displaying on the taskbar?

1. Icons not displaying on the taskbar? - Similar Threads - Icons displaying taskbar

2. Volume icon no longer displayed in taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume icon no longer displayed in taskbar.: It's disappeared. When I go to taskbar settings, and try disabling the volume icon and then re-enabling it, just to see if it fixes it, I find something very strange. On disabling the volume icon, theinternet icon disappears! What on earth is going on?...
  3. Display taskbar icons on both monitors

Display taskbar icons on both monitors: Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to also display the taskbar icons on my second monitor in extend display mode. As you can see here is my main first monitor [ATTACH] And here is my second monitor[ATTACH] From what I read it's not possible to copy them on the...
  4. Taskbar setting - Icons to display

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar setting - Icons to display: I installed Chemtable Autorun Organizer, decided I didn't want it and uninstalled it. It the Taskbar settings, Select which items appear in the taskbar, it is still showing not 1, but 2 instances of "AutorunOrganizer.exc Autorun Organizer (performing 1 task(s)". It doesn't...
  5. Windows Taskbar displays icons incorrectly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Taskbar displays icons incorrectly: Hello! After a while of being on (5 days, broken up by hibernation) the taskbar starts to do weird things, here's some examples: First symptom (Telegram is showing behind the start menu): [img] Then it starts to evolve [img] [img] I don't have two instances of...
  6. System icon display on taskbar

System icon display on taskbar: I have the time system icon on the desktop. How do I get the date to appear there also? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-icon-display-on-taskbar/1fc3754a-6df9-4915-9e12-bd8ca9eee8d9
  7. Battery icon doesn't display on taskbar

Battery icon doesn't display on taskbar: As the title says but the bigger issue is that the toggle for the battery icon is locked to on meaning I can't toggle it on or off to try to reset it. I'm on a Dell Inspiron 15 3000. Thanks in advance....
  8. Battery icon not displaying in taskbar after boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Battery icon not displaying in taskbar after boot: Hey, I have a problem, ever since I took the anniversary update ~1 week ago, every time I turn my computer off and on again (I have fast startup on), the battery icon doesn't appear unless I restart the explorer.exe process or reboot, and it's really annoying, does anyone...
  9. Taskbar icons not displaying again

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons not displaying again: [img] So, volume and external drives aren't displaying in the taskbar, once again. "Settings" doesn't do anything, and the old control panel "taskbar" option doesn't work either. Any solutions other than "Uninstall Windows 10"? 43126
  10. multiple display -taskbar and icons

in Windows 10 Support
    multiple display -taskbar and icons: This is hopefully a quick fix. I have my laptop hooked up to a projector. My icons appear on the laptop but the taskbar options (volume, notifications, battery etc) appear on the projector. Using the display settings I can swap the screens but I cannot get the icons to...