Windows 10: Icons not displaying on the taskbar?

Discus and support Icons not displaying on the taskbar? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I've searched everywhere online and cannot find a solution to this anywhere. Basically, it seems like windows has randomly chosen half... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GiganticNostril, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Icons not displaying on the taskbar?

Hi everyone,

I've searched everywhere online and cannot find a solution to this anywhere.

Basically, it seems like windows has randomly chosen half of my programs to not display an Icon for on the taskbar. It doesn't cause any issues functionality-wise, anytime I click on the blank space where the Icon should be, the program will open/close but it gets pretty annoying when I have multiple programs open.

I've tried resetting windows explorer, clearing the icon cache and more but nothing has worked.

Something interesting I noticed is that if I run Trello as an administrator, the icon will show when it normally won't. Unfortunately, this doesn't work for any other program.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

submitted by /u/GiganticNostril
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GiganticNostril, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Outside temperature display in taskbar

I followed these steps exactly and the only thing showing in my task bar is a sun icon but not temperatures are being displayed.

TerriDunaway, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Darshan J Win User

Icons not displaying on the taskbar?

Sound icon missing from taskbar

Hi,

Provide us with the below information to help you better.

Which build is currently running on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you to install all the pending updates and restart your computer, check if it fixes the issue.

Make sure Volume button display is enabled in taskbar.

• Open settings window
    • Click on personalization, on left pane select task bar.
    • On right pane click on 'select what icons appear on the taskbar'.
    • Toggle volume icon to make volume icon appear on task bar.

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Icons not displaying on the taskbar?

1. Icons not displaying on the taskbar? - Similar Threads - Icons displaying taskbar

2. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail: As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?...
  3. taskbar icon display is corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar icon display is corrupted: all the pinned icons look the same what can I do?already tried to restart the computer and re-pin them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-display-is-corrupted/7c92a534-351e-410c-9e2d-58f99fcab403
  4. taskbar icon display is corrupted

taskbar icon display is corrupted: all the pinned icons look the same what can I do?already tried to restart the computer and re-pin them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-display-is-corrupted/7c92a534-351e-410c-9e2d-58f99fcab403
  5. taskbar icon display is corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Display hotkeys for taskbar icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display hotkeys for taskbar icons?: Hello! As the title says, is there any way to display the corresponding hotkey on an icon on the taskbar? I'm referring specifically to those next to cortana and task-viewer. For example, when I'm using multiple applications and have to switch between them I sometimes open...
  7. Taskbar icons not displaying properly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons not displaying properly?: [IMG] submitted by /u/DanganKichi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxyfpk/taskbar_icons_not_displaying_properly/
  8. Certain Taskbar icons not displaying

Certain Taskbar icons not displaying: Very recently, my I noticed that my calendar and mail icons were not showing up on the taskbar, even though they were still fully functional. The icons displayed on the search screen or list of apps or microsoft store, just not in the taskbar. If I create a shortcut on my...
  9. Taskbar setting - Icons to display

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar setting - Icons to display: I installed Chemtable Autorun Organizer, decided I didn't want it and uninstalled it. It the Taskbar settings, Select which items appear in the taskbar, it is still showing not 1, but 2 instances of "AutorunOrganizer.exc Autorun Organizer (performing 1 task(s)". It doesn't...
  10. multiple display -taskbar and icons

in Windows 10 Support
    multiple display -taskbar and icons: This is hopefully a quick fix. I have my laptop hooked up to a projector. My icons appear on the laptop but the taskbar options (volume, notifications, battery etc) appear on the projector. Using the display settings I can swap the screens but I cannot get the icons to...