Windows 10: Icons not displaying pics

Discus and support Icons not displaying pics in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried to clear thumbcache but it's not letting me... HELP!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AMathew1312, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Icons not displaying pics

I have tried to clear thumbcache but it's not letting me... HELP!

:)

AMathew1312, Aug 4, 2021

2. Display was not migrated

Hi,

I understand the above solution didnt work so as to next step in solving your issue I suggest you follow the below.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type Device Manager

Step 2:

Under Device Manager expand Display Adapter

Step 3:

Right-click on Adapters listed one by one and select Properties

Step 4:

Select the Drivers tab

Step 5:

Click on Uninstall Device

Step 6:

Repeat step 3 to 5 for all listed adapters under Display Adapter

Step 7:

Restart PC and verify

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Icons not displaying

A while ago the icons for certain types of images began to not display in detail, list, or small icons view. Instead they simply display as a weird folder with 4 squares in the upper right corner, seen to the right >
    Icons not displaying pics 55bd7c98-d5d1-4bcb-b7cf-89235b0a6740.png

This isn't exactly a terrible issue, but it is quite ugly compared to what it should be. I have tried rebuilding the icon cache manually, and that did not help.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Connor Watson, Aug 4, 2021
  4. PC Bester Win User

Icons not displaying pics

Blue icon for pics

I recently had my laptop cleaned and loaded new software. I saved all my pics on external hard drive. Now laptop only displays a blue icon and not the pics itself. How can I rectify the problem?

PC Bester, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

Icons not displaying pics

1. Icons not displaying pics - Similar Threads - Icons displaying pics

2. display pic size

in Windows 10 Customization
    display pic size: every time I take a pic and try put on background its blown up so big and cuts off some of pic , how do I reduce the size of pic to fit screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-pic-size/f7651fbe-e31f-4e5e-90c4-7c0ded47389e
  3. Picture ICONS instead of thumbnail pics

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture ICONS instead of thumbnail pics: Suddenly all of my picture thumbnails are ICONS, instead of thumbnail pics. I have gone through the steps of Unchecking a box that says "always show ICONS instead of thumbnails" and that did NOT help. I don't like Microsoft Edge or the Cloud, I think those are the culprits...
  4. File Explorer, Icon Pic Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer, Icon Pic Question: Can anyone tell me what the paper pic on my folder icons is? Just had to reload all software and now I have an addition to my icons. I want to get rid of that addition. Anyone HELP! Here's a pic [ATTACH] Thanks Bob B email me at: *** Email address is removed for...
  5. Display icon

Display icon: After a fresh installation of windows 10 know the "My PC" icon is not there in destop, how to add it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-icon/e00dbe6f-ce6a-411b-9e01-5947898b4936
  6. Display Icons

Display Icons: My display icons are enlarged and I want to reduce their size but need guidance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-icons/8cdad61b-cf36-456a-9bd1-668df79e08e2
  7. pics. disappear and turn into icons on pic. folders

pics. disappear and turn into icons on pic. folders: hi folks , need help ,just bought W10 desktop a remanufacted one and downloaded my W7 files. the problem started right away all the files with pics. turned into icons , so reset everything that I could find from going into command prompt to regit from all the info I found...
  8. Large Icon's instead of Pics

Large Icon's instead of Pics: Recently my Win10 PC started showing so large icons instead of pics for preview. I followed some advice and changed settings, and some folders show pics and some show a combination of pics and icons....
  9. icons on display

icons on display: Hi, I have already tried all suggestions (right click, view, show desktop items) via virtual and even brought the device into Best Buy one month after the purchase.....Best Buy told me it was a software issue and would charge me $199 to fix.....This device was one month...
  10. Desktop icons have labels but no pic???

Desktop icons have labels but no pic???: Have spent hours trying to resolve this issue but no luck. The picture part of my desktop icons has disappeared. in a folder, file thumbnails show their name/label but no picture. Have already tried the suggested 'canned' methods to repair. Useless....