Windows 10: Icons not reseting

Discus and support Icons not reseting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently I have decided to get a Theme for my pc. I installed the theme and I didn't like it so I deleted it but the icons won't change to what they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MFox_120, Oct 20, 2020.

1. MFox_120 Win User

Icons not reseting

Recently I have decided to get a Theme for my pc. I installed the theme and I didn't like it so I deleted it but the icons won't change to what they were before. I have tried for a few hours now and nothing seems to work. If anyone could help me that would be great!

:)

MFox_120, Oct 20, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Icons not reseting

Continuous Reset Layout Icons

right click on the desktop, and at the top of the popup window is "sort by", you can then click which way you want the folders and icons sorted on the desktop.

There is one way I know that it can reset after setting it the way you want. If you don't reset the PC normally to allow the changes to set in. If you were to crash the system or power down holding the power button, the system will default to the last save configuration (which is likely by alphabetical order).

sneekypeet, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Icons not reseting

1. Icons not reseting - Similar Threads - Icons reseting

2. Reset files and folders icon back to default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reset files and folders icon back to default: Hello, my name is Daniel and a friend of mine has recently told me to use custom desktop themes. So, from the image as you can see, I've done it. But the problem is, I wanted to bring it back to default. I have tried doing some research on google. I uninstalled the app that...
  3. How to reset icons on start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset icons on start menu?: I use Windows 10. I deleted too many icons from my start menu, but now I wanna return their. Every time when I reinstall Windows 10, I don't have default icons on start menu, I see only icons which I didn't delete on my last Windows 10. I wanna get default icons on my start...
  4. Desktop icon keeps Moving/Resetting after restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icon keeps Moving/Resetting after restart.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wholesomenthusiast [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhbjv1/desktop_icon_keeps_movingresetting_after_restart/
  5. RESET DESKTOP ICON AFTER RESTING TEXT SIZE

RESET DESKTOP ICON AFTER RESTING TEXT SIZE: Hello, I had increased the text size of windows10 using "Make text size bigger". In its effects, the desktop icon also increased in size. Now when I have reset the text size to 100%, the desktop icon are not getting reset, their size is still large/wide and some of the icons...
  6. How do I reset desktop icons ?

How do I reset desktop icons ?: Ive made custom desktop icons for different games and programs to give more of a flare. Recently made one I didn’t like and want the original back. How do I do this ? For anyone asking what app, its blender. submitted by /u/A_leaning_Tower [link] [comments]...
  7. After Reset + app reinstall, icons are blank/white/dummy ones when searching for apps

in Cortana
    After Reset + app reinstall, icons are blank/white/dummy ones when searching for apps: Hi, I've had to do a "Reset my PC" operation 'cos something had gotten badly corrupted on the system. After that, I expectedly have to reinstall the apps. So far, so good. The apps work as expected. But when I search for an app using "Windows key, type part of app...
  8. Windows start menu icons reset suddenly

Windows start menu icons reset suddenly: My start menu stopped working suddenly, so I restarted the computer to fix that. However, now all the icons are reset to factory icons now. I could find an error in my Windows-event log that is related to this: Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version:...
  9. How to reset Quick Access sidebar icons?

How to reset Quick Access sidebar icons?: By default Windows 10 Quick Access icons are displayed with no folder icon, like so: https://imgur.com/a/XGn65t0 However, mine display like this with the folder icon included which reduces ease in quickly identifying the folders: https://imgur.com/a/oaHNqhg Is there any...
  10. Windows 10 missing icons and search doesn't work : reset doesn't fix the problem

in Cortana
    Windows 10 missing icons and search doesn't work : reset doesn't fix the problem: I have an Hp Omen 17" which is in trouble actually : The start menu has missing icons , edge has missing icons too ,like there is a square which is remplacing all icons including arrows, home … but worst is coratana has disappear and search isn't working anymore. I tried to...