Windows 10: Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.

Discus and support Icons not showing but text showing on desktop. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! This is my first time on here and i need help so ill get straight to the point. So a few minutes ago as im writing this, i restarted my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by theBATkid06, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.

Hi! This is my first time on here and i need help so ill get straight to the point. So a few minutes ago as im writing this, i restarted my computer because my taskbar wasnt showing. So it turned back on, the taskbar was showing, but my icons were not but the text or title was. However, on the start menu the icons are completely fine. When i open the apps without the icons they are completely fine. Im hoping someone can help me because it kinda frustrates me without any icons showing. Thank you. My computer/laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad 330 running the latest update of Windows 10.

:)

theBATkid06, Feb 15, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Missing Desktop Icon Text

You can't rename or even create new folders, etc ... The icons are there I just took a screenshot to show what I was talking about. The icons are unclickable

Morrison5891, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.

Desktop icons are gone only text shows

My computer only shows text for the desktop icons. It still works but it's get annoying that I can't see my icons. I've been looking at different methods online, but nothing seems to work.

PhilipMullen, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.

1. Icons not showing but text showing on desktop. - Similar Threads - Icons showing text

2. Some Desktop icons not showing on the desktop but they do show in the Desktop folder in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Desktop icons not showing on the desktop but they do show in the Desktop folder in...: Some Desktop icons not showing on the desktop but they do show in the Desktop folder in File Explorer. This may have started after I reverted back to windows 10 from Windows 11. Let me be clear: most icons do show on the desktop, and the ones that don't show up in one...
  3. Some Desktop icons not showing on the desktop but they do show in the Desktop folder in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Desktop icons not showing on the desktop but they do show in the Desktop folder in...: Some Desktop icons not showing on the desktop but they do show in the Desktop folder in File Explorer. This may have started after I reverted back to windows 10 from Windows 11. Let me be clear: most icons do show on the desktop, and the ones that don't show up in one...
  4. Question About Icon Text Not Showing On Desktop in 4k

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question About Icon Text Not Showing On Desktop in 4k: So I'll be brief 4k monitor Dark mode Hight contrast dark mode The text under my icons is there and if I click on an icon I can see it, but its invisible otherwise. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/elvenrunelord [link] [comments]...
  5. Desktop Icons not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons not showing: Hello I have an issue with desktop icons not appearing in the Desktop FOLDER The icons appear if I look at the Desktop directly. If you look at screenshot, TeamViewer shortcut, The Outer Worlds shortcut and Steam shortcut do not appear in the Desktop folder. [ATTACH]...
  6. Desktop icons are gone only text shows

Desktop icons are gone only text shows: My computer only shows text for the desktop icons. It still works but it's get annoying that I can't see my icons. I've been looking at different methods online, but nothing seems to work....
  7. Desktop icons missing, Only text showing

Desktop icons missing, Only text showing: I have Three user accounts in my PC and this issue affects two of them My Desktop icons have disappeared and i can only see the Names of each shortcut which i am able to click to open as usual. In Windows Explorer My Navigation Pane is empty and my Libraries icons are...
  8. Subtitles on Desktop Show as Black Text

Subtitles on Desktop Show as Black Text: The title is pretty self-explanatory. Ever since about 2 months ago the text on my desktop has shown up as a black colour, and as I use a dark wallpaper, is barely visible. Earlier today the borders of the text turned into a black colour as well, thickening it to the point...
  9. Desktop icons not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons not showing: [img] As you can see from the above desktop icons are not showing. This happened after resizing desktop icons and then rebooting. I do not know what to do to solve problem. Please can anyone advise. Thank you. 30452
  10. Show Desktop icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Desktop icon: I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro and find that the 'Show Desktop' rectangular space at the far right side of the notification area is missing although posted desktop images Windows 10 have the same rectangular space. However, if I hover the cursor over the screen border in that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. peter1986c