Windows 10: Icons not showing correctly after 9860 update.

Discus and support Icons not showing correctly after 9860 update. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Some of my picture icons are no longer showing up as pictures, and when I go to Personalize to change my desktop wallpaper, it shows up like this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AddRAM, Oct 24, 2014.

1. AddRAM Win User

Icons not showing correctly after 9860 update.

Some of my picture icons are no longer showing up as pictures, and when I go to Personalize to change my desktop wallpaper, it shows up like this.

And none of my avatars are displaying correctly. WTH *Huh

:)

AddRAM, Oct 24, 2014

2. How to: 10 Tips before installing the latest Windows 10

Successfully updated from 9860 to 9879 on 12/01/14. Don't know why it worked this time, since Win10 has not been booted since the failure on 11/25/14.

BTW, after the failure, it automatically reverted back to 9860.

Rocket_Scientist, Oct 24, 2014
  3. Icons not showing and / or not showing correctly in taskbar

Hi - have installed Windows 10 and generally am happy with the change - much better than 8.1.

Have an issue with the way SOME of the icons are displayed on the task bar.

My path is from settings to the "Notification and actions" sub-heading and then to the page titled "Select which icons are displayed on the task bar"

The power icon is (on this page) switched to on however the icon sub-heading on this page under the power heading is the icon for Norton 360.

The actual icon for Norton 360 is on and showing the correct sub-icon heading - it is also active on the task bar and by right clicking I can go to the program.

I have no power icon at all on the task bar and thus no indication on the task bar of the the power setting / battery level remaining.

The Dell update button is off on the main selection page but the icon is showing as active on the task bar.

Any assistance particularly on the power icon on the task bar?

Regards

port50side, Oct 24, 2014
  4. Mystere Win User

Mystere, Oct 24, 2014
  5. AddRAM Win User
    No, but I copied all the pictures back over, seems to have fixed it.*Biggrin

And I noticed now I have duplicate user account icons on the welcome page.

Man, I knew I shouldn`t done that update, but actually it did it on it`s own, good thing I saved an image *Smile

AddRAM, Oct 24, 2014
  6. rmonroe36 Win User
    I too have become "twins" on the Welcome page and while I have backup images, I don't intend to use them. I rather enjoy living dangerously.

Rich

rmonroe36, Oct 24, 2014
  7. I too have become "twins" on the Welcome page.... It started doing that after I installed the new build 9860.. So, I thought it might be because the old build 9841 was still on the HD.. So, I used the disk clean-up and got rid of the .old files.
    To my disappointment it did not change the welcome page, it still has duplicate pictures.. Also tried logging into my live account (as some have suggested) and changing it there. That didn't help either, so something else must be
    causing this problem.

KY COLONEL, Oct 25, 2014
  8. rmonroe36 Win User

I have not seen any reports of "twins" with 9841 - it seems to definitely be a 9860 phenomenon.

Rich

rmonroe36, Oct 25, 2014
  9. AddRAM Win User
    So I re installed 9841 again, and today when I went to shutdown the pc I got a message saying Windows has to re start your pc to apply the updates, and guess what, It installed 9860 all by itself LOL, now my picture icons are all generic again and I have the twin log in pics on the welcome screen OMG, gonna try make the 9860 iso

Wow, it just did it again, I even had upgrade to the latest build unchecked, maybe if there was a way to change automatic updates. What is going on here ???

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Icons not showing correctly after 9860 update. - Similar Threads - Icons showing correctly

2. Taskbar icons not showing correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons not showing correctly: A few days ago the icons on my taskbar dissapeared, not completely, just a few of them. After a while i realized that they were only gone when my browser was minimized or not opened. I have tried deleting files as recommended in other posts as well as restarting windows...
  3. Taskbar icons not showing correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons not showing correctly: A few days ago the icons on my taskbar dissapeared, not completely, just a few of them. After a while i realized that they were only gone when my browser was minimized or not opened. I have tried deleting files as recommended in other posts as well as restarting windows...
  4. Icons not showing after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons not showing after update: After I updated my windows 10 x64 bit it dont showing battery icon, i tried to turn off it and turn on again and tried to restart explorer.exe but battery icon is not showing: How to fix this?...
  5. Icons not showing after update

Icons not showing after update: After I updated my windows 10 x64 bit it dont showing battery icon, i tried to turn off it and turn on again and tried to restart explorer.exe but battery icon is not showing: How to fix this?...
  6. Icons not showing after update

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Battery icon not showing correct level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery icon not showing correct level: Hello.The battery icon is designed in a way so it is showing much lower level than the procentage it shows when you mark the icon.example: the battery is at 48% and if you look at the icon only you would think that the level is 15-20%, with level at 20-25% it looks like the...
  8. Battery icon not showing correct level

Battery icon not showing correct level: Hello.The battery icon is designed in a way so it is showing much lower level than the procentage it shows when you mark the icon.example: the battery is at 48% and if you look at the icon only you would think that the level is 15-20%, with level at 20-25% it looks like the...
  9. Start Menu Icon Not Showing Correctly

Start Menu Icon Not Showing Correctly: Hello, I was just wondering why some of the icons in my start menu don't show up correctly and instead showing this icon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.[IMG]...
  10. Customized trash icon not showing correctly

Customized trash icon not showing correctly: *Thumbs I have a small collection of R. Bins myself.*Redface [img] [img] [img] [img] You have a couple transparent, but you're missing the colored ones! [img]