Windows 10: Icons not showing on my desktop

Discus and support Icons not showing on my desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; IDK what I did to my windows but I have legit spent near to 2 hours trying to fix this problem. all of my icons are no showing on desktop and this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fernzy29, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Icons not showing on my desktop

/u/Fernzy29, Nov 4, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 4, 2020
  3. No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Icons not showing on my desktop

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Icons not showing on my desktop

1. Icons not showing on my desktop - Similar Threads - Icons showing desktop

2. my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons.": my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons." instead, it has a transparent bar on top corner.i've tried many different ways but it still doesn't work. i've also opened my "desktop icon setting" and it doesn't have anything even i ticked all....
  3. my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons.": my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons." instead, it has a transparent bar on top corner.i've tried many different ways but it still doesn't work. i've also opened my "desktop icon setting" and it doesn't have anything even i ticked all....
  4. Why is my desktop icons not showing properly?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is my desktop icons not showing properly?: After doing a cloud install windows reset, my desktop icons are like that. I already tried deleting the iconcache and restarting but it is still not fixed. I already did dism and sfc scans and they didnt find any corrupted files. Almost every apps that I have before resetting...
  5. Desktop Icons not showing

Desktop Icons not showing: Hello I have an issue with desktop icons not appearing in the Desktop FOLDER The icons appear if I look at the Desktop directly. If you look at screenshot, TeamViewer shortcut, The Outer Worlds shortcut and Steam shortcut do not appear in the Desktop folder. [ATTACH]...
  6. All my desktop icons are not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All my desktop icons are not showing up: there is a white bar in the top left corner of the screen and when i right click on the desktop no menu shows up how can I fix this submitted by /u/Ro807Pan6a [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izl8o8/all_my_desktop_icons_are_not_showing_up/
  7. Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.: Hi! This is my first time on here and i need help so ill get straight to the point. So a few minutes ago as im writing this, i restarted my computer because my taskbar wasnt showing. So it turned back on, the taskbar was showing, but my icons were not but the text or title...
  8. Not all of my desktop icons show

Not all of my desktop icons show: I connected by usb to a asus portable screen, for some reason now my desktop icons do not all show. Some do, others do not and the icons are showing the full name instead of an abbreviated name. This means that about 24 icons take up my full screen. I know how to use the view...
  9. Desktop icons not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons not showing: [img] As you can see from the above desktop icons are not showing. This happened after resizing desktop icons and then rebooting. I do not know what to do to solve problem. Please can anyone advise. Thank you. 30452
  10. Show Desktop icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Desktop icon: I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro and find that the 'Show Desktop' rectangular space at the far right side of the notification area is missing although posted desktop images Windows 10 have the same rectangular space. However, if I hover the cursor over the screen border in that...