Windows 10: Icons not showing up in Windows 10 search?

Discus and support Icons not showing up in Windows 10 search? in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello. So I've been using my computer frequently and it has been working fine, but the one time I've used it the icons have disappeared from the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Nico_RSM, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Nico_RSM Win User

Icons not showing up in Windows 10 search?

Hello. So I've been using my computer frequently and it has been working fine, but the one time I've used it the icons have disappeared from the search. This is only occurring to downloaded apps and not saved files.The icons also appear as desktop icons, just not on the search.Thank you

:)

Nico_RSM, Dec 9, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Dec 9, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 9, 2021
  4. Icons not showing up in Windows 10 search?

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Dec 9, 2021
Thema:

Icons not showing up in Windows 10 search?

1. Icons not showing up in Windows 10 search? - Similar Threads - Icons showing search

2. Icons Not Showing In Windows 10 Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons Not Showing In Windows 10 Search: The icons for most applications won't show. It started happening a couple months ago, around the time I installed Google Drive. I have tried resizing my screen, resetting the Icon Cache, etc. Please help me!...
  3. Icons Not Showing In Windows 10 Search

in Cortana
    Icons Not Showing In Windows 10 Search: The icons for most applications won't show. It started happening a couple months ago, around the time I installed Google Drive. I have tried resizing my screen, resetting the Icon Cache, etc. Please help me!...
  4. Icons Not Showing In Windows 10 Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Icons not showing up on Windows Search Bar

Icons not showing up on Windows Search Bar: Hi guys it seems like for some reason my icons on the Windows Search Bar is not showing up. I tried many ways to fix this but it's not working. Any methods to solve this problem? I running Windows 10 10.0.19044 Build 19044This is an example of the icons not showing up and it...
  6. Icons not showing up on Windows Search Bar

in Cortana
    Icons not showing up on Windows Search Bar: Hi guys it seems like for some reason my icons on the Windows Search Bar is not showing up. I tried many ways to fix this but it's not working. Any methods to solve this problem? I running Windows 10 10.0.19044 Build 19044This is an example of the icons not showing up and it...
  7. Icons not showing up on Windows Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Icons not showing up in Windows 10 search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons not showing up in Windows 10 search?: Hello. So I've been using my computer frequently and it has been working fine, but the one time I've used it the icons have disappeared from the search. This is only occurring to downloaded apps and not saved files.The icons also appear as desktop icons, just not on the...
  9. Icons not showing up in Windows 10 search?

Icons not showing up in Windows 10 search?: Hello. So I've been using my computer frequently and it has been working fine, but the one time I've used it the icons have disappeared from the search. This is only occurring to downloaded apps and not saved files.The icons also appear as desktop icons, just not on the...
  10. Icons not showing up in windows search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons not showing up in windows search: [ATTACH]I dont quite know what to do with this [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-showing-up-in-windows-search/e7b50d44-3213-4805-a83b-bb70016749bf