Windows 10: Icons of all .exe files turn into another software's icon (Windows 10)

Discus and support Icons of all .exe files turn into another software's icon (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I got a problem that the icons of all .exe files in my computer (including explorer.exe) turns into another software's icon, as shown in the photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamLeeLX, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Icons of all .exe files turn into another software's icon (Windows 10)

I got a problem that the icons of all .exe files in my computer (including explorer.exe) turns into another software's icon, as shown in the photo below:
    Icons of all .exe files turn into another software's icon (Windows 10) 1f62aeba-257e-43ab-b16d-8a0119baabee?upload=true.png

That icon belongs to a software named Zalo, which is a popular mobile messenging app in Vietnam, and this is a PC version
    I am not sure whether this software contained malware or virus, or just my laptop's problem
    I'm looking forward to any solution that may reverse this situation so that the original icon of each .exe file in my computer will be shown again.
    Thank you for your reading.

:)

WilliamLeeLX, Mar 3, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Mar 3, 2019
  3. techguy31 Win User
    Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

I see. I was using a 23" monitor before and the highest resolution was below 1080p so I guess windows remembers that monitors resolution right? I have tried de.das.dude suggestion, but everytime I turn off the computer after arranging the icons it goes back to misarranging the icons.

techguy31, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Icons of all .exe files turn into another software's icon (Windows 10)

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Icons of all .exe files turn into another software's icon (Windows 10)

1. Icons of all .exe files turn into another software's icon (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Icons exe files

2. exe file missed icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    exe file missed icon: I have a exe file missed icon.The exe file of the program Exact Audio Copy in the folder C:\Program Files x86\Exact Audio Copyhas missed it's icon as what my screenshot has shown.I have uninstall the program and reinstall it many times but still not work.If I install the...
  3. exe file missed icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exe file missed icon: I have a exe file missed icon.The exe file of the program Exact Audio Copy in the folder C:\Program Files x86\Exact Audio Copyhas missed it's icon as what my screenshot has shown.I have uninstall the program and reinstall it many times but still not work.If I install the...
  4. I customized .exe file icon and now need to reset only it the .exe icon to default icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I customized .exe file icon and now need to reset only it the .exe icon to default icon: Hi all,I have a highly customized system and among the changes I made to other icons, I somehow changed my .exe icon too, MEANING that most ALL .exe files now have the SAME custom icon rather than the icon for each program like they are generally supposed to have. Example:...
  5. I customized .exe file icon and now need to reset only it the .exe icon to default icon

I customized .exe file icon and now need to reset only it the .exe icon to default icon: Hi all,I have a highly customized system and among the changes I made to other icons, I somehow changed my .exe icon too, MEANING that most ALL .exe files now have the SAME custom icon rather than the icon for each program like they are generally supposed to have. Example:...
  6. I customized .exe file icon and now need to reset only it the .exe icon to default icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon: Hi all,I have a highly customized system and among the changes I made to other icons, I somehow changed my .exe icon too, MEANING that most ALL .exe files now have the SAME custom icon rather than the icon for each program like they are generally supposed to have. Example:...
  8. Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon: Hi all,I have a highly customized system and among the changes I made to other icons, I somehow changed my .exe icon too, MEANING that most ALL .exe files now have the SAME custom icon rather than the icon for each program like they are generally supposed to have. Example:...
  9. Customized .exe file icon and need to reset only .exe icon to default icon

10. All my .exe Icon are Notepad Icons and they open in Notepad!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All my .exe Icon are Notepad Icons and they open in Notepad!: Help me! All my exe files are opening in notepad there's a photo. https://prnt.sc/qf2ukf https://prnt.sc/qf2usd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-exe-icon-are-notepad-icons-and-they-open-in/43bc3b50-c84c-4394-9524-83d016bee18e"