Windows 10: Icons of Microsoft Store apps on the taskbar appear as a placeholders.

Discus and support Icons of Microsoft Store apps on the taskbar appear as a placeholders. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The title is pretty self explanatory. The two middle apps are WhatsApp Desktop and Spotify, both of them where downloaded from the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Manu_01, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Manu_01 Win User

Icons of Microsoft Store apps on the taskbar appear as a placeholders.

Icons of Microsoft Store apps on the taskbar appear as a placeholders. 45f5b17c-f9e8-4b00-880f-0bd604e4f564?upload=true.png

The title is pretty self explanatory. The two middle apps are WhatsApp Desktop and Spotify, both of them where downloaded from the Microsoft Store.

I've already deleted the icon cache and the issue persists.

:)

Manu_01, Dec 23, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Microsoft Store icon disappear on the taskbar

Hi ndeelam

Click your Start Button, then just type store

Does the Microsoft Store appear in the resulting list?

If so, right click that and choose 'Pin to Taskbar'

If the Microsoft Store App does not appear in the resulting list:

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Update and Security - Troubleshoot

From there, run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

If that still does not fix the Store App

Right click your Start Button, choose Powershell (admin)

Paste this command into Powershell and hit Enter:

Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Wait for that command to complete, close Powershell and restart (not shut down) your PC . . .

DaveM121, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Icons of Microsoft Store apps on the taskbar appear as a placeholders.

Unable to download app from Microsoft Store

It seems that this is a Chrome issue. Have you tried resetting Chrome?

On the other hand, we suggest that you open Microsoft Store app instead of opening Store through Chrome. The following are steps on how to open Microsoft Store on Windows 10:

• To open Microsoft Store on Windows 10, select the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar.
    • If you don't see the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar, it might have been unpinned. To pin it, select the Start button, type
      Microsoft Store, press and hold (or right-click) Microsoft Store, then choose More > Pin
      to taskbar
    • If Microsoft Store won't launch, get more info at Microsoft Store does
      not launch

Regards.

JohnMel And, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Icons of Microsoft Store apps on the taskbar appear as a placeholders.

1. Icons of Microsoft Store apps on the taskbar appear as a placeholders. - Similar Threads - Icons Microsoft Store

2. taskbar icons showed just placeholders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar icons showed just placeholders: It happens a lot.How do I fix it? I don't want to reinstall the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-showed-just-placeholders/2fdac4c1-742e-4df8-9974-3e2fe394f3bb
  3. taskbar icons showed just placeholders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar icons showed just placeholders: It happens a lot.How do I fix it? I don't want to reinstall the system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-showed-just-placeholders/2fdac4c1-742e-4df8-9974-3e2fe394f3bb
  4. Microsoft Store apps not showing icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store apps not showing icons in taskbar: Recently some of the apps in my taskbar stop showing there icons like this :- I have tried *SFC*DISM*reinstalling display driver*restarting windows explorer*many more...
  5. Microsoft Store apps not showing icons in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store apps not showing icons in taskbar: Recently some of the apps in my taskbar stop showing there icons like this :- I have tried *SFC*DISM*reinstalling display driver*restarting windows explorer*many more...
  6. Weird Microsoft Store icon on taskbar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Weird Microsoft Store icon on taskbar: I'm getting a weird icon for the microsoft store on the taskbar of windows 10. It happened also with spotify, but I uninstalled it and installed back, and it came back to normal, but I can't do the same with microsoft store. Unpinning it from taskbar does not fix the problem....
  7. No taskbar icons for Windows Store Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    No taskbar icons for Windows Store Apps: Hi, Recently and suddenly my icons in the taskbar for my store apps disappear , so any idea ho to get them back. Everything was fine 1,2 days ago. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. Microsoft Store icon disappear on the taskbar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store icon disappear on the taskbar: "Microsoft Store" icon disappear on the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-icon-disappear-on-the-taskbar/1617212f-194c-4af8-b95e-2c7da043f87a"
  9. Microsoft Store app icons don't appear in Search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Store app icons don't appear in Search: When I search for a Trusted Microsoft Store app (examples: Weather, Skype, News, HP Scan and Capture), I do not see the app icon. It appears as a blank default image icon. But in the list of apps, I do see them.[ATTACH]...
  10. No taskbar, no icons appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    No taskbar, no icons appearing: I can't get into the settings to factory reset my computer. I use windows buttom + i. It never loads. I already tried going into powershell and copy and pasting what's normally pasted into there. It never finishes loading up the command so I just close it after. Please Help...