Windows 10: Icons of the apps in the search bar are not visible.

Discus and support Icons of the apps in the search bar are not visible. in Cortana to solve the problem; [ATTACH] As you see in the pictures, it has been like this for over a month. I have tried :sfc /scannow DISM command And updated my windows to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Elio Abi saad, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Icons of the apps in the search bar are not visible.

Icons of the apps in the search bar are not visible. 3e7b33fd-1672-49f3-905f-f74ea880011e?upload=true.png

As you see in the pictures, it has been like this for over a month.

I have tried :sfc /scannow

DISM command

And updated my windows to the latest version 20H2

I was thinking of system restoring my windows but I thought maybe here I can be helped.

:)

Elio Abi saad, Feb 2, 2021

2. No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Icons of the apps in the search bar are not visible.

No home icon , no printer icon. also other icons such as address bar in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Are you referring to home icon and printer icon in Microsoft Edge or File explorer?
    • Are you referring Address bar in Windows File Explorer or any other app/program?
    For getting Printer icon, I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Icons of the apps in the search bar are not visible.

1. Icons of the apps in the search bar are not visible. - Similar Threads - Icons apps search

2. icon on task bar is not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icon on task bar is not visible: hiicon on taskbar is not visible windows 11please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-on-task-bar-is-not-visible/f428994e-12c4-4ad7-aff3-1de69058ca4a
  3. icon on task bar is not visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icon on task bar is not visible: hiicon on taskbar is not visible windows 11please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-on-task-bar-is-not-visible/f428994e-12c4-4ad7-aff3-1de69058ca4a
  4. App icons in the search bar missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App icons in the search bar missing: When ever I go to search for apps through the taskbar search, none of the proper app icons appear.This happened yesterday and I figured if I just restarted it would go away. I don't remember touching any settings that could possibly do this. If anyone knows how to fix this it...
  5. App icons in the search bar missing

App icons in the search bar missing: When ever I go to search for apps through the taskbar search, none of the proper app icons appear.This happened yesterday and I figured if I just restarted it would go away. I don't remember touching any settings that could possibly do this. If anyone knows how to fix this it...
  6. App icons in the search bar missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Apps not visible in Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps not visible in Search: I don´t know what I´ve done but all of my office apps like word, excel etc. aren´t showing up in the start menu. They aren´t showing up in the search field neither and also not in the Apps -> Apps and Features in the Preferences. But they are defenitely installed and I can...
  8. Apps not visible in Search

Apps not visible in Search: I don´t know what I´ve done but all of my office apps like word, excel etc. aren´t showing up in the start menu. They aren´t showing up in the search field neither and also not in the Apps -> Apps and Features in the Preferences. But they are defenitely installed and I can...
  9. No icons visible when searching on windows search.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No icons visible when searching on windows search.: Every app which is downloaded from Microsoft store and Microsoft store itself shows no logo or icons when I search them for in Windows Search box. But in start menu they are visible.What I have tried1. Reset Windows2. Fresh Installing3. Downloaded new ISO file and install...
  10. No icons visible when searching on windows search.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No icons visible when searching on windows search.: Every app which is downloaded from Microsoft store and Microsoft store itself shows no logo or icons when I search them for in Windows Search box. But in start menu they are visible.What I have tried1. Reset Windows2. Fresh Installing3. Downloaded new ISO file and install...