Windows 10: Icons of the same size appearing differently

Discus and support Icons of the same size appearing differently in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All of these icons were created with the same oldtv file, in the same manner but with different logo pngs. They have all of the same properties (size,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HustleKing, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Icons of the same size appearing differently

All of these icons were created with the same oldtv file, in the same manner but with different logo pngs. They have all of the same properties (size, resolution

Icons of the same size appearing differently c1febd9b-5f55-4711-845a-6889c4d3112b?upload=true.png Icons of the same size appearing differently 81222ca0-7892-4113-b9c2-78493ca90d2e?upload=true.png Icons of the same size appearing differently f54991a5-5051-4111-900d-99bf6d3fe7fd?upload=true.png

They originally all appeared as the larger size for months but recently have changed to this, with 2 appearing smaller.

This has been going on since I built the PC 3 years ago and it doesn't just happen to icons that I customize, many shortcuts to programs and websites (like in the picture) will appear large and randomly change to the small version at some point, even when they have always been the default icon.

It seems to be completely random, sometimes they fix themselves but some never seem to.

Windows 10 is fully upgraded and I have 16gb ram and plenty of unused storage.

Does anyone know how I might fix this?

Thanks.

:)

HustleKing, Nov 3, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Size of TEXT on the Desktops. NOT size of icons) but size of TEXT TEXT TEXT

Hi,

Please follow below steps to change the size of text:

• In the search bar, look for Display settings, then click it.
    • A pop up will appear showing the Display settings.
    • Click on the scale to change the size of text, apps and other items.
    Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Icons of the same size appearing differently

Font/ icon size in Windows 10!

Hi Jud,

Based on the information that you've shared, we'd need additional details to determine the cause of your concern.

We'd like to know the following:

• If you're looking to increase the desktop icon's font size.
    • If you're looking to increase the size of the desktop icon.
    • The troubleshooting steps that you've already performed.
    • The version of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Icons of the same size appearing differently

1. Icons of the same size appearing differently - Similar Threads - Icons same size

2. Taskbar icons appear at different sizes when in bottom position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons appear at different sizes when in bottom position: Hello,A strange problem appered recently, when the task bar is in the bottom position, all the icons don't appear at the same size so the taskbar is in a weird configuration.Taskbar in the bottom position :Taskbar in the top position and how it should normally look like :I've...
  3. Taskbar icons appear at different sizes when in bottom position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons appear at different sizes when in bottom position: Hello,A strange problem appered recently, when the task bar is in the bottom position, all the icons don't appear at the same size so the taskbar is in a weird configuration.Taskbar in the bottom position :Taskbar in the top position and how it should normally look like :I've...
  4. Taskbar icons appear at different sizes when in bottom position

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Icon size doesnt stay the same

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icon size doesnt stay the same: Hey all, as the title says, the size of the icons on my desktop folders change constantly.. Id do control+scroll to change the size, reenter the folder it it will be on details. I'll change it from the menu to like view->large icons, reenter and it will be on details. I...
  6. Desktop icons are different sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons are different sizes: Why would downloaded or made online ico files be different sizes on the desktop. They are all 256px by 256 arent they? I have several folders on the desktop. The icons are for these folders. Thanks all 173606
  7. Same folder, big difference in size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Same folder, big difference in size: [IMG] Hi, I have a question about this. I have a COMPUTER folder and the original is storaged in a Hard External Disk left and I tried to copied to another folder where is located in the Desktop of a Laptop right. It passed aprox. 3 hours and 30 minuted to complete the...
  8. Screens are same size but different resolution.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screens are same size but different resolution.: I have 2 screens, my main monitor that is 1440p, and a TV above it that is 1080p. They are identical in size, but due to their different resolutions windows detects the TV as being smaller. This means trying to move the mouse from the top right side of the monitor hits an...
  9. Same partition but showing in different individual sizes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Same partition but showing in different individual sizes: I'm facing this issue from so long i left thinking about that because i worried about the data loss It is three partition but every partition is showing in some different sizes combined to form a single partition. i was going to dual boot then i saw it in the partition UI....
  10. Dual displays Same size different resolutions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual displays Same size different resolutions: I have a 1440p monitor and a 1080p monitor. They are both 27' and when i go to customize display settings they show up as different sizes. which makes things appear weird when going across the two monitors. Windows 10 thinks the 1080 is smaller. So i was hoping there was a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you have 2 of the same icons on the same team