Windows 10: Icons on Desktop are slow to respond to the cursor

Discus and support Icons on Desktop are slow to respond to the cursor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After a certain number of shortcuts the delay gets bigger with my cursor and the icon being highlighted. It's not my hardware's fault I have a good... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdrianCarrillo4, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Icons on Desktop are slow to respond to the cursor

After a certain number of shortcuts the delay gets bigger with my cursor and the icon being highlighted. It's not my hardware's fault I have a good computer.

:)

AdrianCarrillo4, Nov 25, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons

Hello Charles,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you using any 3rd-party antivirus software?
    • Check if the Auto arrange icons is enabled, refer to the steps below:
    • Right-click on your Desktop, hover your mouse cursor to View.
    • Click on Auto arrange icons to disable the feature.
    • Kindly send us a screenshot of your Desktop icons.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Icons on Desktop are slow to respond to the cursor

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Icons on Desktop are slow to respond to the cursor

1. Icons on Desktop are slow to respond to the cursor - Similar Threads - Icons Desktop are

2. Desktop shortcut icon ot responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop shortcut icon ot responding: I used the software yesterday and when I returned to use it again (to copy from an iphone to pc) the icon on the desktop would not respond.Got a revolving circle then nothing.It is Touch CopyTOUCH COPY. ERROR docx.docx 166589
  3. Icon is not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon is not responding: Sir, I want to inform you that I am having a problem on my laptop. Any icon is not opening and only I have been able to refresh and even I have not been able to shut down my laptop. So, if you kindly help me to solve the problem I shall be very grateful to you....
  4. Speaker Icon on desktop not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker Icon on desktop not responding: The Speaker icon on my desktop has stopped responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-on-desktop-not-responding/9c70dba2-86e6-4472-aa02-91f2a694a60e
  5. Slow delete of desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow delete of desktop icons: Sometimes, when I try to delete a desktop shortcut icon, I get a message like "recycling Filename", which goes away in a few seconds. Then the icon stays in place for several seconds and finally disappears. Other times -- mostly -- the icon disappears immediately. Why the...
  6. Icons not responding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Icons not responding: Hello, I have windows 10 OS. But I also have onedrive. I'm unable to save anything on my computer. None of the icons are opening. Neither can I open start button. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-responding/566efdb3-9fab-4aed-a3e4-6cb8d1356af3
  7. Desktop is Not Responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop is Not Responding: After I reset My Windows 10 Home on My Laptop using Reset PC on Setting, if I click Right Mouse Button, It shows Loading Mouse Pointer and my desktop gone freezing. I tried to restart it and still like that if I clicked right button. Does someone can solve this? Thank You!...
  8. chrome responding slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chrome responding slow: while writing my research article chrom is responding very slow, i could not find the reason. please give solution. word is linked with reference manager called "Endnote"....
  9. no cursor appearing and touchpad not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no cursor appearing and touchpad not responding: The cursor stopped appearing on the screen and the touchpad isn't responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/no-cursor-appearing-and-touchpad-not-responding/88592c19-e18e-4eff-9e3e-dfbc12d2259c
  10. Desktop icons not responding on first click, opening other icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons not responding on first click, opening other icons: Win 10 Pro x64 1607, Classic Start desktop, setting=single-click open, system drive is fast SSD As detailed in another thread, I've had problems going from 1511 to 1607, but have settled in with the latter for the past week. To try to sort a couple of problems, I ran a...