Windows 10: Icons on Desktop are slow to respond to the cursor

Discus and support Icons on Desktop are slow to respond to the cursor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After a certain number of shortcuts the delay gets bigger with my cursor and the icon being highlighted. It's not my hardware's fault I have a good... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdrianCarrillo4, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Icons on Desktop are slow to respond to the cursor

After a certain number of shortcuts the delay gets bigger with my cursor and the icon being highlighted. It's not my hardware's fault I have a good computer.

:)

AdrianCarrillo4, Nov 25, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons

Hello Charles,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you using any 3rd-party antivirus software?
    • Check if the Auto arrange icons is enabled, refer to the steps below:
    • Right-click on your Desktop, hover your mouse cursor to View.
    • Click on Auto arrange icons to disable the feature.
    • Kindly send us a screenshot of your Desktop icons.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Icons on Desktop are slow to respond to the cursor

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Icons on Desktop are slow to respond to the cursor

1. Icons on Desktop are slow to respond to the cursor - Similar Threads - Icons Desktop are

2. Desktop not responding and icons cannot be targeted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop not responding and icons cannot be targeted: Windows 11 Pro all drivers updated, windows updated. Sometimes my main monitor the desktop is not responsive. Right click doesn't do anything and clicking any of the icons doesn't do anything. But my secondary monitor I can right click on it. The main monitor will start...
  3. Desktop not responding and icons cannot be targeted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop not responding and icons cannot be targeted: Windows 11 Pro all drivers updated, windows updated. Sometimes my main monitor the desktop is not responsive. Right click doesn't do anything and clicking any of the icons doesn't do anything. But my secondary monitor I can right click on it. The main monitor will start...
  4. Desktop never loads icons and not responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop never loads icons and not responding: For some reason, now windows can never load icons and clicking anywhere would crash and restart the desktop, and do that againI cant even open task managerAnd no, other accounts does not matter, the two others do the sameHeres an imageYesterday, the icon for the Microsoft...
  5. Desktop never loads icons and not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop never loads icons and not responding: For some reason, now windows can never load icons and clicking anywhere would crash and restart the desktop, and do that againI cant even open task managerAnd no, other accounts does not matter, the two others do the sameI cannot share an image but i can describe itJust a...
  6. Desktop never loads icons and not responding

Desktop never loads icons and not responding: For some reason, now windows can never load icons and clicking anywhere would crash and restart the desktop, and do that againI cant even open task managerAnd no, other accounts does not matter, the two others do the sameI cannot share an image but i can describe itJust a...
  7. explorer.exe not responding, spinning cursor on desktop - HELP!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer.exe not responding, spinning cursor on desktop - HELP!: Windows 10 boots up and loads the desktop, but gets stuck with a spinning cursor not an arrow, desktop icons are slow to load, and icons never appear on the taskbar. More importantly, I cannot click on icons nor use the search bar.This used to occur periodically, but after...
  8. Desktop shortcut icon ot responding

Desktop shortcut icon ot responding: I used the software yesterday and when I returned to use it again (to copy from an iphone to pc) the icon on the desktop would not respond.Got a revolving circle then nothing.It is Touch CopyTOUCH COPY. ERROR docx.docx 166589
  9. Speaker Icon on desktop not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker Icon on desktop not responding: The Speaker icon on my desktop has stopped responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-on-desktop-not-responding/9c70dba2-86e6-4472-aa02-91f2a694a60e
  10. Slow delete of desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow delete of desktop icons: Sometimes, when I try to delete a desktop shortcut icon, I get a message like "recycling Filename", which goes away in a few seconds. Then the icon stays in place for several seconds and finally disappears. Other times -- mostly -- the icon disappears immediately. Why the...