Windows 10: icons on desktop got small

Discus and support icons on desktop got small in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After OneDrive was synced, some icons on my desktop got small but the rest of them stayed normal. What is the solution?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 7, Mar 5, 2020.

1. 7
    7 Win User

icons on desktop got small

After OneDrive was synced, some icons on my desktop got small but the rest of them stayed normal. What is the solution?

:)

2. Ma. Lau Win User

Small icons setting won't change

I suggest that you change or uncheck Use small taskbar buttons by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Taskbar.
    • Select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar tab make sure that Use small taskbar is
      uncheck

icons on desktop got small e377d97f-489c-45cb-8856-ca9160202472.jpg
    • Click Apply and OK.
    If the issue still persists, you can change the size of desktop icons.

• Right-click an empty space on the desktop.
    • Select View and choose either Large, Medium or Small icons.
    • Check if you can change the size of the taskbar button.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 5, 2020
  4. icons on desktop got small

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

icons on desktop got small

1. icons on desktop got small - Similar Threads - icons desktop got

2. Strange unresponsive small icon on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange unresponsive small icon on my desktop: For the last day or two I've been seeing this small icon on my desktop. It's less than a quarter the size of a normal icon which I've placed next to it for size comparison. Has anyone seen anything like this before?If I left-click or double-click on it, nothing happens. If I...
  3. Strange unresponsive small icon on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange unresponsive small icon on my desktop: For the last day or two I've been seeing this small icon on my desktop. It's less than a quarter the size of a normal icon which I've placed next to it for size comparison. Has anyone seen anything like this before?If I left-click or double-click on it, nothing happens. If I...
  4. Desktop icon images too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon images too small: The icons on my desktop have been normal for a week, but suddenly one of them has gone smaller.I am not using any third party software other than Wallpaper Engine. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance....
  5. Desktop icon images too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icon images too small: The icons on my desktop have been normal for a week, but suddenly one of them has gone smaller.I am not using any third party software other than Wallpaper Engine. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance....
  6. Desktop icon images too small

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Desktop icons really small?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons really small?: [ATTACH] Some of my desktop icons are really small compared to others (see image) and I can't figure out a way to return them to normal. In the image you can see three which are small, others like this are the Microsoft Solitaire, Edge browser, MS Office, and the photos...
  8. Small arrows my desktop icons

Small arrows my desktop icons: I recently noticed small arrows on many of the icons on my desktop. Why were they put there and are they a backdoor into my system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/small-arrows-my-desktop-icons/162c88a7-afd4-4f33-ae9d-8f871270d73b
  9. Desktop "zoomed" icons become small

Desktop "zoomed" icons become small: Hello, I have a problem with icons size in desktop, i like to use "zoomed" icons on desktop. But sometimes the icons go crazy and this happens: [img] [img] Sometimes i restart the computer and they go back to normal... (sometimes) Any help? 88893
  10. Some desktop icons changed to small (W10P)

Some desktop icons changed to small (W10P): Hi all, I have a rather annoying issue that I can't seem to fix. Some of my desktop icons have somehow changed to a lower resolution image centered inside a 1px frame. Recreating the icons doesn't fix it either, about 20% of my apps have small icons which used to be...