Windows 10: Icons on desktop invisible, how to make them visible again?

Discus and support Icons on desktop invisible, how to make them visible again? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is one of those crazy windows things... All of a sudden, I can't see any of the icons on the desktop. I can confirm that they are still there,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by m-g-o, Jul 6, 2018.

1. m-g-o Win User

Icons on desktop invisible, how to make them visible again?

This is one of those crazy windows things... All of a sudden, I can't see any of the icons on the desktop. I can confirm that they are still there, just by checking the desktop folder in Explorer. Also, if I drag across the desktop and accidentally grab an icon, it shows as a ghosted version. But as soon as I let go it disappears like the rest.

Seriously, what the heck? Before it was the start button and menu that became dysfunctional after switching language inputs, now this? The OS is not exactly cheap, one would expect it not to never fail on such _basic_ things.

OK is there a solution?

:)

m-g-o, Jul 6, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 6, 2018
  3. tcebob Win User
    Invisible Icon on desktop turns black

I wanted to display a brief text message on the desktop, so (cleverly) created a shortcut, then changed the title to my string and found an invisible icon in Imageres.ico. Worked great until I restarted explorer. The invisible icon became black and would not change until I replaced it. Perhaps the invisibility of the icon cuts through the desktop image?

tcebob, Jul 6, 2018
  4. CountMike Win User

Invisible Icon on desktop turns black

And shows in background color. I tried that in W7 too and never worked like it used to in XP.

CountMike, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Icons on desktop invisible, how to make them visible again? - Similar Threads - Icons desktop invisible

2. Desktop and taskbar icons are invisible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop and taskbar icons are invisible: The icons on my desktop have gone completely invisible and the images on the taskbar have turned into a weird icon as per attached screenshot Some of the icons in the start bar are normal, but when the application is closed the apps return to the broken icon with the mail app...
  3. Desktop and taskbar icons are invisible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and taskbar icons are invisible: The icons on my desktop have gone completely invisible and the images on the taskbar have turned into a weird icon as per attached screenshot Some of the icons in the start bar are normal, but when the application is closed the apps return to the broken icon with the mail app...
  4. Desktop and taskbar icons are invisible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Icons are not visible on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons are not visible on Desktop: Hi, I can not see the all the icons on desktop and the single icon is visible but it is showing very long strip. I have tried to do the hidden files but all the files are visible on inside file explorer folder. I have tried to copy the same file from the inside folder it...
  6. Icons are not visible on Desktop

Icons are not visible on Desktop: Hi, I can not see the all the icons on desktop and the single icon is visible but it is showing very long strip. I have tried to do the hidden files but all the files are visible on inside file explorer folder. I have tried to copy the same file from the inside folder it...
  7. Desktop "Align Icons to Grid" option greyed out, how do i make them usable again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop "Align Icons to Grid" option greyed out, how do i make them usable again?: Hello,I have a Problem with my desktop because i can't change some right click settings like "Align Icons to grid" or "Auto Arrange Icons" and the whole "sort section is greyed out.I have found out that it might have something to do with a Program that changed something in...
  8. Desktop "Align Icons to Grid" option greyed out, how do i make them usable again?

Desktop "Align Icons to Grid" option greyed out, how do i make them usable again?: Hello,I have a Problem with my desktop because i can't change some right click settings like "Align Icons to grid" or "Auto Arrange Icons" and the whole "sort section is greyed out.I have found out that it might have something to do with a Program that changed something in...
  9. Invisible Pinned Icon between Visible Icons Windows 10

Invisible Pinned Icon between Visible Icons Windows 10: On my Dad's laptop, a pinned icon on the taskbar, for Amazon, is suddenly invisible. It had been there for awhile, and I had seen it myself. Now, it's still there but invisible. I've tried the following...Shut down and booted back upUnpinned and repinned from Start MenuRan...
  10. invisible icons on desktop and taskbar

invisible icons on desktop and taskbar: hello its been a 3 days that i have this problem, it happens that i used the memory diagnostic and restarted my pc then i saw they are invisible like settings or microsoft store or spotify even i have a screenshot for proof: https://gyazo.com/f15cb1398a2d2f814d96d979a6407cc9...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. making visible icons desktop again

2. windows 10 how to make invisible icons visible again