Windows 10: Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared.

Discus and support Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I turn the computer on this morning, and looked what happened to this, Icons on desktop, taskbar and file explorer are gone. Also, I cannot open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chris Lewis Stanley, May 25, 2021.

1. Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared.

When I turn the computer on this morning, and looked what happened to this, Icons on desktop, taskbar and file explorer are gone. Also, I cannot open the properties for any file on the computer. This gives me a headache and frustrated.LOOK AT THIS PICTUREFirst, Is there's a way to fix this issue problem. and Second, What cause this problem.

:)

Chris Lewis Stanley, May 25, 2021
  2. O0mix0O Win User

ALL icons missing/blank (desktop, taskbar, explorer)

Hi all,

• - Had the laptop hooked up to the TV last night via HDMI
      - Unplugged, then closed lid - putting it to sleep
      - Turned on today, no icons whatsoever.

- Tried restarting the laptop
      - Tried restarting 'explorer.exe'

Any tips for getting them back? It's annoying the hell out of me!

Thanks in advance!

Also:
    When I open the explorer when uploading or downloading something, the icons are there..

Here's a pic:

Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared. [​IMG]

Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared. [​IMG]

O0mix0O, May 25, 2021
  3. O0mix0O Win User
    O0mix0O, May 25, 2021
  4. sturpe Win User

Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared.

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, May 25, 2021
Thema:

Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared.

1. Icons on Desktop, Taskbar and File Explorer are missing or disappeared. - Similar Threads - Icons Desktop Taskbar

2. Desktop icons, background. and taskbar disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons, background. and taskbar disappear: A coworker is having an issue with their computer and I've been tasked to figure it out, but I don't understand what's happening here.At random times during the day her desktop background, desktop icons, and taskbar disappear and all she can see is a black screen and her...
  3. Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons Disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons and Taskbar Icons Disappeared: So I started up my computer today and I noticed that all of the icons for my apps where missing on my desktop, and on my taskbar it just showed a generic image, except for mail which is showing just fine. I can still access all of the apps, and when I load up discord the...
  4. Everytime I open File Explorer both the taskbar and desktop icons disappear for a brief...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everytime I open File Explorer both the taskbar and desktop icons disappear for a brief...: Title is pretty much self explanatory, and while yes it is a very minor bug, it starts to become very annoying when using the PC for many hours. File Explorer is running fine for the most part, it just has this bug mentioned above that is starting to drive me crazy. I...
  5. Missing taskbar and Icons on desktop

Missing taskbar and Icons on desktop: Within the last week my desktop changed. I lost all links I had posted and lost the taskbar. What appeared is the display one used to get when clicking the WINDOWS icon, bottom left. New computer, Windows 10 32 bit. How do I remove the current dislay on desktop & restore...
  6. Desktop & Taskbar Icons have disappeared

Desktop & Taskbar Icons have disappeared: All Desktop Icons & Taskbar Icons have disappeared. Why & how do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-taskbar-icons-have-disappeared/77766c8c-93a0-4e51-915c-75eb1d81c959
  7. Desktop Icons Disappeared and Taskbar Icons Changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Disappeared and Taskbar Icons Changed: I have a laptop with a 4k 17.3" display. When set to native resolution, 3840x2160, some programs do not display their dialog boxes and menus in usable form. In an attempt to correct this I have tried setting the display resolution to 1920x1080. Then setting the magnification...
  8. ALL icons missing/blank (desktop, taskbar, explorer)

in Windows 10 Support
    ALL icons missing/blank (desktop, taskbar, explorer): Hi all, - Had the laptop hooked up to the TV last night via HDMI - Unplugged, then closed lid - putting it to sleep - Turned on today, no icons whatsoever. - Tried restarting the laptop - Tried restarting 'explorer.exe' Any tips for getting them back? It's...
  9. Missing Desktop icons, taskbar icons changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Desktop icons, taskbar icons changed: This morning when I booted up my desktop, all of my icons on the desktop were missing, although the shortcut is still there and works. The icons in the taskbar now have a generic looking icon. Right clicking on the start menu no longer brings up the menu and when I go to file...
  10. File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer icon disappears from Taskbar: I just upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 yesterday and overall I've been happy with it. However, I note one strange behavior: the File Explorer icon seems to disappear sometimes from the Taskbar. I created a Desktop shortcut for File Explorer, but when I right click on...