Windows 10: Icons on left side of screen: power, profile etc. How to remove?

Discus and support Icons on left side of screen: power, profile etc. How to remove? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mac_question [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mac_question, May 25, 2020.

1. Icons on left side of screen: power, profile etc. How to remove?

/u/mac_question, May 25, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Power Icon disappeared

Hi Jane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• Have you installed graphics drivers?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

And also install all the latest drivers (Graphic) from the manufacturer web site.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 25, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 25, 2020
  4. Todd33 Win User

Icons on left side of screen: power, profile etc. How to remove?

Basic question on profiles

I made a OC profile in addition to the defualt. It is listed as the "3D profile" in the main screen. Does that mean the card will switch to those frequencies when the game goes into 3d mode, despite the defualt frequencies being listed when I put my mouse over the taskbar icon?

Todd33, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Icons on left side of screen: power, profile etc. How to remove?

1. Icons on left side of screen: power, profile etc. How to remove? - Similar Threads - Icons left side

2. the red power off option in the left bottom side of the screen is not operatng

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the red power off option in the left bottom side of the screen is not operatng: the red windows shut down option on the left lower corner is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-red-power-off-option-in-the-left-bottom-side/62fc62b3-fca3-42eb-b154-8cb1622e9473
  3. the red power off option in the left bottom side of the screen is not operatng

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the red power off option in the left bottom side of the screen is not operatng: the red windows shut down option on the left lower corner is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-red-power-off-option-in-the-left-bottom-side/62fc62b3-fca3-42eb-b154-8cb1622e9473
  4. task bar left side of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task bar left side of screen: Why did MS take away the feature to move the task bar to the sides of the screen. I have been using a surface with a wide screen since the surface 2. I always put the task bar on the side of the screen. Now we cannot do this. Very disappointed....
  5. This PC icon pinned to the left side of the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    This PC icon pinned to the left side of the desktop: This PC icon is pinned on the left side primarily the upper corner but if the place is taken by other apps it will simply go downwards of my desktop. I am able to move it and replace it but the second I refresh or restart my laptop it goes back. It is the only icon that does...
  6. on power up my start key shows all the icons an the left side of my screen

on power up my start key shows all the icons an the left side of my screen: the only way to cancel an spp is to hit the start key and then it is attached to my task bar. I have right click to remove from task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-power-up-my-start-key-shows-all-the-icons-an/f610b8a7-741d-409b-9ddd-7c21d7d12e7f
  7. Desktop not visible on left side of screen

Desktop not visible on left side of screen: left side of picture is quarter inch off screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-not-visible-on-left-side-of-screen/26661bc3-65be-4cf6-bf80-9f21b71d7aeb
  8. Mouse Jumps to the Left Side of the Screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Jumps to the Left Side of the Screen.: Hello I have recently bought a new computer and the mouse when gaming jumps to the left corner of the screen, normally over the windows button. When in webpages it also does the same and jumps to the Windows button. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks in advance 58859
  9. screen icons scrambled to random sort on left side of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    screen icons scrambled to random sort on left side of screen: I just did a normal restart of Windows 10 Pro 64, FCU, and all my screen icons were arranged in some random order on the left side of the screen, with each column of icons going from the top to the bottom of the window. I have had this same problem before, but usually when...
  10. Icons stretched off screen on left side.

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons stretched off screen on left side.: So quite frequently I will come out of a game and all of my shortcuts will be stretched all the way down the screen on the left column. It looks like all of the icons are crammed into a single column on the left side. I know it is all of them because part of one of the...