Windows 10: Icons on my Desktop of Windows 10 are missing

Discus and support Icons on my Desktop of Windows 10 are missing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Yesterday i was kind of multitasking in my computer, exporting and in the same time coding, until my computer freezes and then everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ImaneEL10, Oct 11, 2019.

1. ImaneEL10 Win User

Icons on my Desktop of Windows 10 are missing

Hello,

Yesterday i was kind of multitasking in my computer, exporting and in the same time coding, until my computer freezes and then everything faded away.

So i turned off then turned on my computer, and that is where i got to see that my desktop icons are gone. The taskbar is there though.

I searched for solutions and tried them all including switching from tablet mode to normal one eventhough i had the normal mode, switching to safe mode and then returning, but no results... though they appeared once but not all of them, and i don't how they appeared, but then again when i restarted my computer they were gone again.

Now i don't know what's wrong and i don't know what to do, so please do tell me what can i do to get my desktop icons back.

:)

ImaneEL10, Oct 11, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Icons on my Desktop of Windows 10 are missing

Missing desktop icons

Hi,

In order for us to address your concern about the missing desktop icons, kindly answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current version and build of your Windows 10? To get these information follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Once the Run box appears, type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small window will appear which will show these information.

(You may need to update your Windows computer, please refer to this
    support link
    to get information about Windows update history as well as how to update your device.)

• Aside from doing the commands above, what are other troubleshooting steps have you taken for your missing desktop icons issue?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Icons on my Desktop of Windows 10 are missing

1. Icons on my Desktop of Windows 10 are missing - Similar Threads - Icons Desktop are

2. Desktop Icons missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons missing: On 7/17/22 Windows did an update KB5015807 and I lost my Desktop Icons and some other apps. I have tried the suggested fix its discussed online but the have not fixed the problem.Please advise what I need to do to get my Windows 10 Desktop running again/Thank you!...
  3. Desktop Icons missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons missing: On 7/17/22 Windows did an update KB5015807 and I lost my Desktop Icons and some other apps. I have tried the suggested fix its discussed online but the have not fixed the problem.Please advise what I need to do to get my Windows 10 Desktop running again/Thank you!...
  4. Desktop Icons missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Desktop icons missing

Desktop icons missing: Greetings, I had an issue with my desktop icons missing in windows 10. I had them in the file explorer but not the actual desktop.turns out you can right click the background go to view and select "show desktop icons" I don't know what its an option but this will show/hide...
  6. Desktop Icons missing Windows 10

Desktop Icons missing Windows 10: I touched something on my desktop by mistake and the following screen appeared. Its the blue screen on the right and not the other parts shown. Its a picture of the screen sent to my other computer by email. How do I get back to the desktop screen. Thanks, Residential Plus...
  7. My Defender desktop icon is missing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Defender desktop icon is missing.: My desktop icon for Defender has disappeared...how can I make it display again? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/my-defender-desktop-icon-is-missing/6b78c556-ae52-4423-b5df-06f2f9e14f3d
  8. Desktop Icons missing

Desktop Icons missing: After booting, the desktop icons do not appear. Also, when starting a program from task bar or start menu, the program or window does not open. After 2-3 reboots, the problem seems to fix itself ?? Comments welcome !...
  9. desktop icons missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desktop icons missing: after update on July 10 about 80% of my sesktop icons are missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/desktop-icons-missing/7bd06860-79be-4525-9499-ea4fbfcd1e28
  10. Windows 10 & Missing Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 & Missing Desktop Icons: - Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit I was repairing, uninstalling, and installing an app yesterday. In the process, I somehow managed to delete many, but not all, of my desktop icons. My guess is that I lost about 60 to 75 percent of my prior desktop icons. My desktop icons are just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 version 1909 taskbar icons