Windows 10: Icons on my desktop won't activate the program.

Discus and support Icons on my desktop won't activate the program. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Icons on my desktop won't activate the program.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dewey 222, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Dewey 222 Win User

Icons on my desktop won't activate the program.

:)

Dewey 222, Oct 3, 2019
  2. CuFc 1960 Win User

Win 10 all of a sudden open programs won`t minimise or maximise

Hi

I haven`t made any changes ..so probably a Windows update...previously with any running programs I could left click the icon in the taskbar and it would maximise and minimise...not now...also I can`t right click on desktop?? I also notice when I click on start I have these 3 `new` icons on top left of desktop...exted..pinned tiles..all apps...I never saw this before and it`s not on any of my other Win 10 pc`s (none of which have the issues described) Any suggestions gratefully received.
    Thanks

CuFc 1960, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z Program Icon Submission

Suggestion to have an option to change Notification Area icon this way too.
    Suggestion to finally have proper separate Options window like most (all?) Windows programs do.

Naki, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Icons on my desktop won't activate the program. - Similar Threads - Icons desktop won't

2. desktop program icon covered with file icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop program icon covered with file icon: how to i shift this file icon thats covering the programm iconthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-program-icon-covered-with-file-icon/9e877644-1301-417b-83d1-d1a86779ce40
  3. desktop program icon covered with file icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop program icon covered with file icon: how to i shift this file icon thats covering the programm iconthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-program-icon-covered-with-file-icon/9e877644-1301-417b-83d1-d1a86779ce40
  4. desktop program icon covered with file icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why won't my desktop icons stay in place

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my desktop icons stay in place: It happen some time ago where my desktop icons will never stay where I want them. I tried everything with the themes and appdata and using the auto arrange. Honestly it's just pissing me off now, is there anyway to fix this?...
  6. Why won't my desktop icons stay in place

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't my desktop icons stay in place: It happen some time ago where my desktop icons will never stay where I want them. I tried everything with the themes and appdata and using the auto arrange. Honestly it's just pissing me off now, is there anyway to fix this?...
  7. Desktop icons won't open programs, taskbar will.

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons won't open programs, taskbar will.: Hello; This is a new build for my daughter. Version Build 19041. Initially, icons opened files with no problem. After a couple of restarts, none will work. If I pin any of them to the taskbar, they open just fine. Same goes for opening them from the start menu. Of course,...
  8. Desktop and Programs won't load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop and Programs won't load: I'm nit sure how to explain this, when I log in which takes much longer than usual the taskbar and start button loads, but nothing else does, even programs. I can restart my PC from Ctrl Alt Del and managed to enter safe mode, but I have the same problem there.[IMG]n...
  9. Program icon on the desktop

Program icon on the desktop: I want to add program icons on the desktop. I have a PC running Windows 10. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-icon-on-the-desktop/270d66fb-772d-4107-90a8-5acfaafc5115
  10. Desktop Icons Won't Move

Desktop Icons Won't Move: I can't move my desktop icons. Auto-arrange icons is off Align icons to grid is off When I click on the icon; nothing happens. There is no error message It was working properly earlier today I can open folders; I can open files on the desktop and with folders on...