Windows 10: Icons on my task manager have disappeared, and I can’t open the programs that have disappeared

Discus and support Icons on my task manager have disappeared, and I can’t open the programs that have disappeared in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have to restart my computer for the icons to appear, but this is really inconvenient and I need it to work without any problems. I have very little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Thursday_Latte, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Icons on my task manager have disappeared, and I can’t open the programs that have disappeared

I have to restart my computer for the icons to appear, but this is really inconvenient and I need it to work without any problems. I have very little knowledge of computers/fixing computer problems. Please what do I do?!?

submitted by /u/Thursday_Latte
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Thursday_Latte, Mar 8, 2021

2. Tray icon disappears

I've been experiencing since the installation of Windows XP SP2 on multiple machines with the ATITool Tray Icon disappearing upon load at system startup. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Enabling or Disabling the "Hide Inactive (tray) Icons" WinXP menu option doesn't have any effect. The only way to open ATITool after it has loaded is to go through the start menu to open it again. I have "minimize on close" selected in ATITool. When closing ATITool, you see it make the motions of minimizing to the tray area but no icon is displayed. Any ideas?

djshowergel, Mar 8, 2021
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Ever since using Realtemp programs wont respond

I found the following:

Apparently Windows stores the list in some database file and you can only reset the whole file

W1zzard, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Icons on my task manager have disappeared, and I can’t open the programs that have disappeared

remove Microsoft Edge from Startup Icon disappeared but program still automatically opens

Microsoft Edge automatically opens at startup again after my latest required update This makes my laptop run too slow to open and use programs The icon disappeared in Task Manager but the program won't shut off and continues to re-open

trishahunter, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Icons on my task manager have disappeared, and I can’t open the programs that have disappeared

1. Icons on my task manager have disappeared, and I can’t open the programs that have disappeared - Similar Threads - Icons task manager

2. my PC icons have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my PC icons have disappeared: Hello, I recently restarted my PC and suddenly all the icons on the desktop and on the taskbar have disappeared. I have deleted the iconcache but it still does not work. Does anyone know how to solve it?...
  3. my PC icons have disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my PC icons have disappeared: Hello, I recently restarted my PC and suddenly all the icons on the desktop and on the taskbar have disappeared. I have deleted the iconcache but it still does not work. Does anyone know how to solve it?...
  4. my PC icons have disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My taskbar icon have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar icon have disappeared: After a recent update, when I rebooted my win 10 pro laptop the icons in my task bar have disappeared. Even if I get something to show i.e. battery, it disappear on reboot....
  6. My taskbar icon have disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar icon have disappeared: After a recent update, when I rebooted my win 10 pro laptop the icons in my task bar have disappeared. Even if I get something to show i.e. battery, it disappear on reboot....
  7. My taskbar icon have disappeared

8. Icons on pictures have disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons on pictures have disappeared: When I view my folders, the pictures have disappeared. How do I get them back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-pictures-have-disappeared/659eaf3b-ec22-4339-bfec-fac88c2311db
  9. Desktop Icons have disappeared

Desktop Icons have disappeared: All of the icons on my desktop have disappeared. The text for the APPs is there and clickable. All programs appear to work. Also in the FILE EXPLORER even when I have the View marked as show Icons larger, medium etc. they do not show. On the desktop itself I also have it...
  10. Email has disappeared, icons have disappeared.

Email has disappeared, icons have disappeared.: Windows 10 is not my friend. After closing laptop down and restarting the following day, most icons have disappeared (they were on the bottom of screen) and among the one that disappeared was my email, I can not get to my email anymore. I looked in as many places as I...