Windows 10: Icons on Start Bar/Task bar NOT showing properly

Discus and support Icons on Start Bar/Task bar NOT showing properly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i have just upgraded to Windows 11 pro 64 bit via an ISO install. So a fresh Windows 11 OS on the PC. Running 21H2 OS Bld 22000.8561. Have 2 users one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by grahamm7, Aug 15, 2022.

1. grahamm7 Win User

Icons on Start Bar/Task bar NOT showing properly

i have just upgraded to Windows 11 pro 64 bit via an ISO install. So a fresh Windows 11 OS on the PC. Running 21H2 OS Bld 22000.8561. Have 2 users one local Admin account as an administator. And then my MS account which is my User account. At the RH end of the bottom bar which contains the time/date are 2 icons one for Network and the others for Audio/Speakers. On Win10 these had proper symbolic icons. So the audio had a speaker. These now appear as 2 small rectangles with no image. Any idea how I can fix this? Not that important but would be nice to get Windows 11 looking correct et

:)

grahamm7, Aug 15, 2022

2. Icons on task bar not showing

Hi

I have Windows 10. My taskbar at the bottom of the screen isn't showing any icons, ie) what applications are open, time, start bar etc. It's all just disappeared. Any ideas on how to make them show up again?

When Internet explorer is on there's a task bar but no icons. When all applications are closed I don't have a task bar at all.

Thanks.

Julesp_905, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Disappearing task bar icons

Hi,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask what are the updates that have been installed in your computer? Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

To view your update history, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings and then click
      Update & security.
    • Under Windows Update, click Advanced options.
    • Under ADVANCED OPTIONS, click View your update history.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Anna Hahn Win User

Throttlestop obsidian not showing readouts in task bar

Hello

I had the previous version of throttlestop installed on a surface pro running windows 10 and it was working beautifully but now I am having trouble getting throttlestop to show temp/cpu reporting in the windows task bar. I have 'Task Bar' checked in the main window but still nothing appears. The check boxes within Options for Notification Area such as CPU Temp and CPU Mhz do not respond when clicked. Am i missing something/is there something else I need to do in order to get throttlestop obsidian to report to the task bar?

Thanks so much!

Anna Hahn, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Icons on Start Bar/Task bar NOT showing properly - Similar Threads - Icons Start Bar

2. Icons not showing on the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons not showing on the task bar: The ions on the task bar keeps disappearing. Like few icons are visible and few are gone. Even thought the application is running. And in place of the icon there is a blank space I can click on icon to open the application and all the other stuff but it is the problem with...
  3. Icons not showing on the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons not showing on the task bar: The ions on the task bar keeps disappearing. Like few icons are visible and few are gone. Even thought the application is running. And in place of the icon there is a blank space I can click on icon to open the application and all the other stuff but it is the problem with...
  4. Icons on Start Bar/Task bar NOT showing properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on Start Bar/Task bar NOT showing properly: i have just upgraded to Windows 11 pro 64 bit via an ISO install. So a fresh Windows 11 OS on the PC. Running 21H2 OS Bld 22000.8561. Have 2 users one local Admin account as an administator. And then my MS account which is my User account. At the RH end of the bottom bar...
  5. Error with start icon on task bar

in Cortana
    Error with start icon on task bar: I have a Lenovo ideapad, The cursor hovers over the start button on the task bar however, it doesn't allow me to continue. It also doesn't allow me to type in the box where it states 'type here to search' - I am able to open my documents that are on my taskbar. I have...
  6. Task Bar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar Icons: Why are certain taskbar icons grayed out, and how can I make them reappear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons/9791345e-32f4-4714-bb2a-fac027ff537d
  7. Computer showing icons in task bar

Computer showing icons in task bar: [IMG]I will try and explain...all my folders have gone of the desktop. Everything i open comes in the task bar but nothing opens on the screen? I dont know if its had an upgrade? It was ok one minute the next this happened....I cant do a system restore or anything as it wont...
  8. Battery icon not showing in task bar

Battery icon not showing in task bar: Hey everyone. Feeling a little unco with windows atm after swapping from 10 year use of Apple. Ive read a couple of articles mentioning the battery icon in the task bar. This is not displayed on mine. The toggle in the settings is switch on to display, so im never sure my...
  9. TASK BAR ICONS

TASK BAR ICONS: SOMEHOW ANOTHER THE TASK BAR ICONS HAVE MOVED ON ME ALSO THE TIMEHAS DISSAPPEARED .. THEY ARE ALL TOGETHER INSTEAD OF SPACED OUT.. I MIGHT HAVE CLIKED ON SOMETHING BUT DONT THINK I DID.. HOW TO MOVE THEM BACKTO DEFAULT POSTION TO THE BOTTOM RIGHT CONCER?? PLZ HELP, THANKS...
  10. task bar icons

task bar icons: The battery indicator (icon) of my task bar disappears time to time.The solutions that are provided by Micro Soft at the first stage do not work. Please help me to overcome this problem....