Windows 10: Icons on Start page no longer working, but can't delete them either

Discus and support Icons on Start page no longer working, but can't delete them either in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some reason I am suddenly unable to access any of my icons which still appear on my Start page. They suddenly became smaller, and appear the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imgja, Jun 16, 2020.

1. imgja Win User

Icons on Start page no longer working, but can't delete them either

For some reason I am suddenly unable to access any of my icons which still appear on my Start page. They suddenly became smaller, and appear the same except I can't access by clicking on them. I am not able to remove them either. There are also larger size icons for WinEdge, Recycle, etc that are also next to them which are clickable. If I right-click on the frozen icons, there is no option to remove them. I found this out when I was trying to remove the Accuweather widget that was pre-installed on my HP...it had become suddenly frozen on a March 2017 date & the remove button disappeared. I thought I would just go to the icon & delete it that way. That's when I found out that the icons were not usable. I have Windows 10Pro, version 1903, and all updates are set to auto update.

:)

imgja, Jun 16, 2020
  2. elbeasto Win User

Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Deleting OneNote pages

To delete a page from OneNote you can follow the below steps.

• In the "all pages" view find the page you want to delete
    • press and hold on the page
    • And press the "delete" option shown
    OR

• Open the section having the page to be deleted.
    • press and hold on the page which needs to be deleted
    • And press the "delete" option shown
    Hope this helps.

J. Hari Krishna Reddy, Jun 21, 2020
  4. imgja Win User

For some reason I am suddenly unable to access any of my icons which still appear on my Start page. They suddenly became smaller, and appear the same except I can't access by clicking on them. I am not able to remove them either. There are also larger size icons for WinEdge, Recycle, etc that are also next to them which are clickable. If I right-click on the frozen icons, there is no option to remove them. I found this out when I was trying to remove the Accuweather widget that was pre-installed on my HP...it had become suddenly frozen on a March 2017 date & the remove button disappeared. I thought I would just go to the icon & delete it that way. That's when I found out that the icons were not usable. I have Windows 10Pro, version 1903, and all updates are set to auto update.

imgja, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Icons on Start page no longer working, but can't delete them either - Similar Threads - Icons Start page

2. Windows key, windows icon, cortana, start page, search in explorer, NONE OF THEM WORKS!!

in Cortana
    Windows key, windows icon, cortana, start page, search in explorer, NONE OF THEM WORKS!!: Windows key, windows icon, cortana, start page, search in explorer, right-click on opened-applications icon, NONE OF THEM WORKS!! please, please help! I did: powershell issues, search index trouble shouting, ...., nothing changed, got tired and disappointed! Thanks!...
  3. Start page icons not loading

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Start page icons not loading: This happened weeks ago, but I think that this is a **BIG PROBLEM** so I post this. Apps downloaded from Microsoft Store won't load thumbnail images. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] and also images won't give me a preview. [ATTACH] videos too. [ATTACH] any...
  4. Blank Monitor, No Start Page,No Icons?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank Monitor, No Start Page,No Icons?: Blank Monitor, No Start Page,No Icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-monitor-no-start-pageno-icons/e02122b1-e0ce-4480-a834-c985ad3b7589
  5. Can't delete icons/shortcuts on the desktop unless I pin/unpin them

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete icons/shortcuts on the desktop unless I pin/unpin them: hi, I can't delete icons/shortcuts on the desktop unless I pin/unpin them to start or taskbar. after right-click, pressing "delete" or from the keyboard or after dragging them to the bin icons still there. after I pin/unpin them (randomly start/taskbar) I'm able to drag them...
  6. corrupt / default icons on start page

in Windows 10 Support
    corrupt / default icons on start page: i can only see icons if the apps are on an internal drive. apps that are on an external drive i don't see the correct icons. they all look the same and i have to resize them from small to medium so i see the app's title. i'm running the latest Windows 10 build.. v1809...
  7. Windows 10 / Desktop Icons - I can't delete them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 / Desktop Icons - I can't delete them: This is fresh install of Windows 10 on a new, formatted 4TB Harddrive. All day I have been reinstalling all my programs, games, music, and so on - now I am trying to clean up my desktop - and I can't delete anything off the desktop. They are improper installs because the...
  8. Missing Icons in Start Page

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Icons in Start Page: When I boot my Windows 10 Home Edition (64 bit) of Microsoft the startpage misses sometimes icons (replaced by a generic icon) but the link is still there and the apps opens when clicked upon the generic icon. I must admit: I have a lot op icons (small) on my startpage: plus...
  9. Start Page Tile Icon Question?.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Page Tile Icon Question?.: Hi, I was adding a new shortcut and rearranging things on my start page tiles and somehow got the new tile icon for handbrake into the existing one for Control Panel. This resulted in two smaller icons in the same tile. I fiddled about and got Handbrake into its own tile but...
  10. Start no longer working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start no longer working: I have had Win 10 installed and working well until this past week, when the Start button on my keyboard and the on screen icon no longer work. The screen icon will turn dark yellow with either touch or pen, but it does not open. I can right click it and get to that menu, but...