Windows 10: Icons on Task Bar not showing correctly. Instead, it's showing a generic icon for applications.

Discus and support Icons on Task Bar not showing correctly. Instead, it's showing a generic icon for applications. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is what I'm seeing on my task bar:Most of the icons for my programs are showing some type of generic icon like the one circled in yellow. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by oldskoolsolja, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Icons on Task Bar not showing correctly. Instead, it's showing a generic icon for applications.

This is what I'm seeing on my task bar:Most of the icons for my programs are showing some type of generic icon like the one circled in yellow. This happened randomly. How do I get the proper icons to display?

:)

oldskoolsolja, Apr 18, 2022

2. Icons on task bar not showing

Hi

I have Windows 10. My taskbar at the bottom of the screen isn't showing any icons, ie) what applications are open, time, start bar etc. It's all just disappeared. Any ideas on how to make them show up again?

When Internet explorer is on there's a task bar but no icons. When all applications are closed I don't have a task bar at all.

Thanks.

Julesp_905, Apr 18, 2022
  3. Icons not showing and / or not showing correctly in taskbar

Hi - have installed Windows 10 and generally am happy with the change - much better than 8.1.

Have an issue with the way SOME of the icons are displayed on the task bar.

My path is from settings to the "Notification and actions" sub-heading and then to the page titled "Select which icons are displayed on the task bar"

The power icon is (on this page) switched to on however the icon sub-heading on this page under the power heading is the icon for Norton 360.

The actual icon for Norton 360 is on and showing the correct sub-icon heading - it is also active on the task bar and by right clicking I can go to the program.

I have no power icon at all on the task bar and thus no indication on the task bar of the the power setting / battery level remaining.

The Dell update button is off on the main selection page but the icon is showing as active on the task bar.

Any assistance particularly on the power icon on the task bar?

Regards

port50side, Apr 18, 2022
  4. Icons on Task Bar not showing correctly. Instead, it's showing a generic icon for applications.

Computer not showing desktop or start icon?

My computer is not showing the desktop icons or the start menu bar... everytime I want to open something i have to use the windows task manager. anyone know why this happens? also when i want to open My Computer properties or something it says I'm missing the RUNDLL32.EXE

Victas2009, Apr 18, 2022
Thema:

Icons on Task Bar not showing correctly. Instead, it's showing a generic icon for applications.

1. Icons on Task Bar not showing correctly. Instead, it's showing a generic icon for applications. - Similar Threads - Icons Task Bar

2. Icons not showing on the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons not showing on the task bar: The ions on the task bar keeps disappearing. Like few icons are visible and few are gone. Even thought the application is running. And in place of the icon there is a blank space I can click on icon to open the application and all the other stuff but it is the problem with...
  3. Icons not showing on the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons not showing on the task bar: The ions on the task bar keeps disappearing. Like few icons are visible and few are gone. Even thought the application is running. And in place of the icon there is a blank space I can click on icon to open the application and all the other stuff but it is the problem with...
  4. Icons on Task Bar not showing correctly. Instead, it's showing a generic icon for applications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on Task Bar not showing correctly. Instead, it's showing a generic icon for applications.: This is what I'm seeing on my task bar:Most of the icons for my programs are showing some type of generic icon like the one circled in yellow. This happened randomly. How do I get the proper icons to display?...
  5. Why this icon shows up in the taskbar instead of the correct application icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why this icon shows up in the taskbar instead of the correct application icon?: A page like icon appears in the taskbar instead of the correct icon of the application see the image attached for more clarity about the question.This problem occured once previously with VS Code application but was solved soon and I don't remember how it was solved. But...
  6. Computer showing icons in task bar

Computer showing icons in task bar: [IMG]I will try and explain...all my folders have gone of the desktop. Everything i open comes in the task bar but nothing opens on the screen? I dont know if its had an upgrade? It was ok one minute the next this happened....I cant do a system restore or anything as it wont...
  7. Generic icons showing instead of pictures

Generic icons showing instead of pictures: I am a Windows 10 user. Some of the icons are not showing pictures on the thumbnails, just a generic icon. Other images are showing. It's a mixture. The correct view options are checked/unchecked and the problem persist on any size icon. Can you help me with this issue?...
  8. some icons show blank generic icon

in Windows 10 Support
    some icons show blank generic icon: i have a problem with my windows 10 desktop (1903 built 18362.952) where the icons will be blanked (see the attachement with the red squares) - how do i reset it? it also appears in file explorer. it does not effect my programs operation however. 149110
  9. Battery icon not showing in task bar

Battery icon not showing in task bar: Hey everyone. Feeling a little unco with windows atm after swapping from 10 year use of Apple. Ive read a couple of articles mentioning the battery icon in the task bar. This is not displayed on mine. The toggle in the settings is switch on to display, so im never sure my...
  10. Want jpg icons to show image thumbnails instead of generic icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Want jpg icons to show image thumbnails instead of generic icons: Hi: Since updating to Windows 10, whenever I open file folders to view jpgs, the files' thumbnails are a generic blue mountain icon instead of thumbnails of the images themselves. How do I get the icons to go back to being thumbnail images again? Is there a command or menu...