Windows 10: Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

Discus and support Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by aditya ram, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

:)

aditya ram, Sep 27, 2022
  2. DRDNA Win User

Video Thumbnail on Taskbar

The feature is called Taskbar preview and is not supposed to remain open after you remove the cursor from the icon. So it is working proper when it closes preview once the cursor is removed from the Taskbar icon.

EDIT: I have seen Taskbar preview stick and stay open before myself even after the cursor has been removed but that not suppose to happen and I don't know for sure why it happens in the first place but I'm guessing it has to do with memory running low .....

DRDNA, Sep 27, 2022
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 27, 2022
  4. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

Pictures do not display thumbnails but icons

Hi Laura,

As per the above added info, I suggest that you follow the steps below and check.

1. Open the location where you images or saved.

2. Here click on the View Tab and then on the Option drop down.

3. Here click on the Change folder and search options.

4. Here under View tab, check the box Display file icon on thumbnails
    and uncheck Always show icons, not thumbnails.

5. Click on Apply and OK.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

1. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail - Similar Threads - Icons taskbar are

2. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail: As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?...
  3. Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on taskbar are not displaying it's thumbnail: As you can see in the attached image the icons of my recently opened apps is appearing plane instead of showing the specific app icon image/thumbnail.Can anyone tell me how to fix this?...
  4. Taskbar icons don't display thumbnails when hovering

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons don't display thumbnails when hovering: I used to be able to hover over the icons on my taskbar and preview the open windows. Now I have to click the icon see the windows. This is especially annoying when i try to change a spotify track withouth switching to the actual window. Please help....
  5. Icons not displaying on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons not displaying on the taskbar?: Hi everyone, I've searched everywhere online and cannot find a solution to this anywhere. Basically, it seems like windows has randomly chosen half of my programs to not display an Icon for on the taskbar. It doesn't cause any issues functionality-wise, anytime I click on...
  6. "Display Thumbnail Icons" not working on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    "Display Thumbnail Icons" not working on Desktop: Hi, I've been having this "Display File Icon on Thumbnail" minor problem where Desktop prevents applying this rule on my files (works only when inside a folder), here is an example: [img] [img] Can this be solved somehow? 130747
  7. Thumbnails and task bar icons not displaying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails and task bar icons not displaying: Since the last Windows 10 update my thumbnails do not display. Some flash on when a folder is opened but then revert to an icon. I've already tried clearing cache and trying different programs to open the files. Also the folders containing thumbnails are now slow to open....
  8. Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox: Not sure if this is a browser (latest Firefox) or Windows problem, so I'll describe the issue here. All my program shortcuts are placed on the taskbar. The problem I'm about to describe and show, only occurs with the Firefox taskbar icon and its preview thumbnails. And...
  9. Thumbnail Icons will not display large/extralarge

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnail Icons will not display large/extralarge: Hello everyone I've been searching the internet and after finding no results on this question I made this post. I have a lot of video files stored, but when I go into the view tab on file explore and click display icons as large or extra large only some will display at...
  10. Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails'

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not displaying: Unchecked 'show icons'/checked 'thumbnails': Hi, I have unchecked the option to 'show icons instead of thumbnails' (view>options>folder options) and I have checked 'show icons' (performance>advanced) but still I get icons instead of thumbnails. I have closed and restarted file explorer multiple times to no change. I...