icons on the right of the task bar not working

Discus and support icons on the right of the task bar not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi, i have run into a small issue were the icons on the taskbar such as, wifi, battery, sound, and action center will not do anything when clicked,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 4ndr3w, Aug 1, 2015.

1. 4ndr3w Win User

hi, i have run into a small issue were the icons on the taskbar such as, wifi, battery, sound, and action center will not do anything when clicked, when i click the time it wont open the calendar, if i right click sound and battery i can open it that way but when i right click action centre and click open action centre it wont do anything

*update* now my start button wont work

*update* seems it was my anti virus causing the issues

will mark this as solved and leave it incase anyone else has this problem

:)

4ndr3w, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Lee Fang Hee Win User

Some (not all) of the icons in the task bar are not centre aligned when the task bar is set to the left of the screen

have you tried restarting your machine and see if it will move to the centre? thanks

Lee Fang Hee, Aug 1, 2015
  3. A-Windows-User Win User
    Some (not all) of the icons in the task bar are not centre aligned when the task bar is set to the left of the screen

I have restarted my machine many times and nothing changes.

A-Windows-User, Aug 1, 2015
  4. theorem Win User

Turned on pc this morning start button will not work.

solve*-open action center,"show most used apps"-on

theorem, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. icons on the right of the task bar not working - Similar Threads - icons right task

2. STEELSERIES Siberia 150 Wont work with the xbox app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    STEELSERIES Siberia 150 Wont work with the xbox app on Windows 10: Hi everyone i just bought this USB headseat from steelseries and it works really well with anything and what i mean by that is i use it on Discord, Skype and in game chats but when it comes to the xbox app i get this: The sampling rate for your microphone is not supported...
  3. Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 built in apps not working after an update: Hi Don't know which update screwed this up but I now no longer have access to Win 10 built in apps such as calculator, photos, etc. I tried a app reset on calculator, but that didn't work and is now not showing at all. I have tried the following: Get-AppXPackage |...
  4. How can I get remote desktop to consistently work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I get remote desktop to consistently work?: I have used remote desktop for years, but since the windows 10 app came out, I have nothing but trouble. Most of the time it just won't connect. It wants an email or URL. This is a private LAN. I've enabled remote desktop on the server and my local PC. I am the administrator....
  5. Windows 10 File History Backup has no progress bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 File History Backup has no progress bar: This issue was raised 2 years ago, and yet nothing has been done about it. How can you have a utility meant to copy literally every single file on a hard drive, and not provide a way to track that progress, and make sure it's not stalled?...
  6. how do you remove searches from task bar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do you remove searches from task bar: how do you remove searches from task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-you-remove-searches-from-task-bar/01453ef3-8c3e-485c-9ea4-8a0c63041c33"
  7. onedrive delete my work because of conflicts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    onedrive delete my work because of conflicts: while working on a word document and trying to save to onedrive on windows10, I got a message and red small x symbol informing me that there are conflicts between the document and onedrive. resolving the conflicts caused couple of hours of work to be deleted. why did it...
  8. I have a gaming pc but it's not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a gaming pc but it's not working: I was getting 160 fps on my computer but now it only goes to 20-30 once I updated windows. I can't even play my video games once I updated windows. Can you help?...
  9. Task Manager shows two Wi-Fi connections in Preformance Tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Manager shows two Wi-Fi connections in Preformance Tab: Hi all, I recently noted that task manager shows two Wi-Fi connections. One is my Wi-Fi router and second is is showing Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2. Why it is showing like this? and for what purpose it is showing? any help would be better. [ATTACH]...
  10. USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB (MTP) not working, driver not installing: I try the different methods mentioned in discussions. (Dont know how to add to that discussion) 1) doing update automatically and manually 2) use C:\window\inf 3) I try to do a clean boot and use the methods above. Same problem/message. None worked. MTP driver...