Windows 10: icons on the right of the task bar not working

Discus and support icons on the right of the task bar not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi, i have run into a small issue were the icons on the taskbar such as, wifi, battery, sound, and action center will not do anything when clicked,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 4ndr3w, Aug 1, 2015.

1. 4ndr3w Win User

icons on the right of the task bar not working

hi, i have run into a small issue were the icons on the taskbar such as, wifi, battery, sound, and action center will not do anything when clicked, when i click the time it wont open the calendar, if i right click sound and battery i can open it that way but when i right click action centre and click open action centre it wont do anything

*update* now my start button wont work

*update* seems it was my anti virus causing the issues

will mark this as solved and leave it incase anyone else has this problem

:)

4ndr3w, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Lee Fang Hee Win User

Some (not all) of the icons in the task bar are not centre aligned when the task bar is set to the left of the screen

have you tried restarting your machine and see if it will move to the centre? thanks

Lee Fang Hee, Aug 1, 2015
  3. A-Windows-User Win User
    Some (not all) of the icons in the task bar are not centre aligned when the task bar is set to the left of the screen

I have restarted my machine many times and nothing changes.

A-Windows-User, Aug 1, 2015
  4. theorem Win User

Turned on pc this morning start button will not work.

solve*-open action center,"show most used apps"-on

theorem, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. icons on the right of the task bar not working - Similar Threads - icons right task

2. Task bar missing Home Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar missing Home Icon: Home icon on task bar since installing October 2018 feature update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-missing-home-icon/3266fd72-cc51-421e-89c7-78cfc84c4408
  3. Volumn Icon On task Bar

Volumn Icon On task Bar: Speaker icon on bottom right task bar. Left clicking will sometimes open the volume control and other times it will not. Right clicking (at the time no volume control shows) will not work. Any suggestion on what to check or any help will be appreciated. [ATTACH]...
  4. Task bar icons and fonts

Task bar icons and fonts: Windows 10 pro Why oh why can't we have color metrics back? Some of us that are over 40 can't even see the dang icons in the task bar. And to get the fonts larger on the desk top icons you have to download a third party application? If I increase the size overall of...
  5. Change icon in task bar

Change icon in task bar: I'm trying to change the Google icon in the task bar. I right click on the current icon, click on properties, click on change icon, select new icon, click on apply - and nothing happens!...
  6. Icons on task bar not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons on task bar not working: icons on my task bar at the bottom of the screen have suddenly stopped working. my main left hand icon, Microsoft edge icon, search icon etc, Help pleas...
  7. Icons on the task bar are invisible

Icons on the task bar are invisible: Hi, I have tried most of the methods given online (except re-installing / restoring Windows 10 OS), but nothing seems to fix the "invisible icons on the taskbar" problem. Why can't Microsoft fix this problem, which was never there in any of the previous Windows versions, is...
  8. missing icons on task bar

missing icons on task bar: Hello. I have tried to fix this on my own but every solution i find online and on YouTube did nothing to fix my issue. My Microsoft icons for edge, store, and mail are all just black spots. The buttons are still there because if I click there the program opens. any help...
  9. how to move icons on the task bar from the left to right

how to move icons on the task bar from the left to right: does any one know how to move icons on the task bar from the left to right. When I drag it from the left to right it is like have wall on the right and the icon goes right back to the left will not even stay any where to the right. Can anyone help me?? thank you for your...
  10. Task Bar Icon Space Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Bar Icon Space Question: When I click on a task bar icon to run a program, the icon expands horizontally to occupy around 3 cm of task bar space. Is there any way to reduce the space it occupies? 14669