Windows 10: icons on the right of the task bar not working

Discus and support icons on the right of the task bar not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi, i have run into a small issue were the icons on the taskbar such as, wifi, battery, sound, and action center will not do anything when clicked,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 4ndr3w, Aug 1, 2015.

1. 4ndr3w Win User

icons on the right of the task bar not working

hi, i have run into a small issue were the icons on the taskbar such as, wifi, battery, sound, and action center will not do anything when clicked, when i click the time it wont open the calendar, if i right click sound and battery i can open it that way but when i right click action centre and click open action centre it wont do anything

*update* now my start button wont work

*update* seems it was my anti virus causing the issues

will mark this as solved and leave it incase anyone else has this problem

:)

4ndr3w, Aug 1, 2015

2. Some (not all) of the icons in the task bar are not centre aligned when the task bar is set to the left of the screen

have you tried restarting your machine and see if it will move to the centre? thanks

Lee Fang Hee, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Some (not all) of the icons in the task bar are not centre aligned when the task bar is set to the left of the screen

I have restarted my machine many times and nothing changes.

A-Windows-User, Aug 1, 2015
  4. theorem Win User

Turned on pc this morning start button will not work.

solve*-open action center,"show most used apps"-on

theorem, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. icons on the right of the task bar not working - Similar Threads - icons right task

2. Task bar icons not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task bar icons not working.: Hello, I recently got my PC, I would say a month ago and since then none of the taskbar icons were able to work. The start/windows icon does work but the rest of my icons on the right could not open except the language icon. It works if I right click on them but now it's been...
  3. task bar right bottom is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    task bar right bottom is not working: in task bar right bottom no icon is working as well as in settings also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-right-bottom-is-not-working/11d9fdf2-eddc-48ab-94a0-5a9474bd351e
  4. System icons on task bar not working

System icons on task bar not working: Hi there, I'm using the latest version of Windows, but nothing showed up when I clicked on the volume, network, power and action center bar icons The input indicator icon is working well. How to make them work? According to this link, here here what I have tried: Reset...
  5. task bar icons are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task bar icons are not working: When I am cliching on task bar Icons they are not showing any response. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons-are-not-working/d59312d0-add4-4b99-ac36-01f7ae2c82b2
  6. speaker ICON in task bar not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    speaker ICON in task bar not working: The speaker ICON is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-in-task-bar-not-working/402a0443-bd61-4cf2-9222-2a89a9dc6aea
  7. Windows icon in task bar not working

Windows icon in task bar not working: I am using Windows 10. Everything was fine last night. I turned my computer off. When I turned it on today, everything normally in my task bar was gone and i cant shut down using the Windows icon at the bottom left of my screen. Also cannot access programs....
  8. icons jump in task bar lower right

icons jump in task bar lower right: The task bar icons move around in lower right hand side of task bar. sometimes they stop. never know when they will start moving again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-jump-in-task-bar-lower-right/7a191653-1cd7-4a9a-924d-36d705e48c90
  9. right click on volume icon on task bar not working right

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click on volume icon on task bar not working right: Hi - last few days, when i right click on volume, only the volume mixer is working, playback devices, sound, recording devices all don't work..when i tried to access device manager, getting message - Unable to create new document!! what is going on?? thanks for the help...
  10. Icons on task bar not working

Icons on task bar not working: icons on my task bar at the bottom of the screen have suddenly stopped working. my main left hand icon, Microsoft edge icon, search icon etc, Help pleas...