Windows 10: Icons on the task bar are invisible

Discus and support Icons on the task bar are invisible in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have tried most of the methods given online (except re-installing / restoring Windows 10 OS), but nothing seems to fix the "invisible icons on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MurrthyV, Aug 4, 2018.

1. MurrthyV Win User

Icons on the task bar are invisible

Hi,

I have tried most of the methods given online (except re-installing / restoring
    Windows 10 OS), but nothing seems to fix the "invisible icons on the taskbar"
    problem. Why can't Microsoft fix this problem, which was never there in any of
    the previous Windows versions, is beyond anybody's comprehension.

Some of the invisible icons are for : Settings, Sticky Notes/8, MS Office, Calculator, Whatsapp, Translator etc

1. Restarting Windows Explorer (from Taskmanager)
    2. Shutting down & restarting the system
    3. cmd(admin) > sfc /scannow
    4. cmd(admin) > DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth & then running item
    #3 again.

Performing a Clean Boot
    -----------------------
    * Click Start Orb > type msconfig in the searchbox
    * Click msconfig in the search results
    * Click the General tab, and click Selective Startup
    * Under Selective Startup uncheck Load Startup items
    * Click the Services tab, check the Hide all Microsoft Services box,
    and then click Disable All
    * Click OK, and when you are prompted, click Restart.

Rebuild icon cache
    ------------------
    * Click Start, and open Computer.
    * On the Tool bar, click Organize and choose Folder and Search Options.
    * Click the View tab, and check to select the Show hidden files and folders
    option, and click OK.
    * Then, enter the following directory:
    * C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Local
    * Find the IconCache.db file, and rename it as IconCache.db.old.
    * Close the window, and restart the computer.

:)

MurrthyV, Aug 4, 2018

2. Icons on the task bar are invisible

Since the last Windows update, most of the icons on my task bar have become invisible, only the File Explorer, Chrome and Outlook icons are visible. Edge and any working programs have disappeared from view, although they are there when I hover over the
    space they should appear in.

Nick784877, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Windows 10 Apps are Invisible in the Task Bar

Hello Lumumba,

We appreciate the details that you've provided. Based on your description, some application icons are still missing after resetting the icon cache. This is most likely a corrupted system file issue. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the following
    questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes on your Windows 10 prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version number of your Windows 10? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.
    • Do you have another user account? Are you also experiencing the same issue on another user account?
    • Have you tried pinning the applications on the task bar? Are they still invisible? If not, are they still visible after a reboot?

Meanwhile, we suggest that pin some applications on the task bar and proceed to

safe mode
    . Please verify if there will be any changes or if the task bar icons will still be visible.

Kindly get back to us.

Xylee Del, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Icons on the task bar are invisible

What happened to my mail icon on the task bar?

Hi,

So this command successfully removed mail app. I rebooted and was able to download the mail app from the store, but problem remains. Pinning the mail app to my task bar results in an invisible icon.

I noticed when this problem first started (with Creator update), that the icon for mail was now missing from the icon folder in System32 files. Instead, the mail folder is associated with a blank page in my apps list. I tried changing the icon image to
    another image, but it is still invisible on the task bar.

LISA

LisaB2010(2), Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Icons on the task bar are invisible

1. Icons on the task bar are invisible - Similar Threads - Icons task bar

2. Invisible Icon on Task bar, I tried everything but it is not working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invisible Icon on Task bar, I tried everything but it is not working correctly: I have tried various techniques, restarting windows explorer in task manager which is a temporary fix, and searched various youtube videos, but no solution, please help...
  3. New Teams Icon, New Outlook icon, Notepad icon invisible on the task bar

New Teams Icon, New Outlook icon, Notepad icon invisible on the task bar: Hi Team,I have clicked on "Try the new Teams/Outlook" and it did the upgrade but the icon not being visible on the task bar. It would still show when i move the cursor over it but it is not visible in general.This is the case of Notepad , MS paint too.Anyone else has the...
  4. New Teams Icon, New Outlook icon, Notepad icon invisible on the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Teams Icon, New Outlook icon, Notepad icon invisible on the task bar: Hi Team,I have clicked on "Try the new Teams/Outlook" and it did the upgrade but the icon not being visible on the task bar. It would still show when i move the cursor over it but it is not visible in general.This is the case of Notepad , MS paint too.Anyone else has the...
  5. Invisible app on task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invisible app on task bar: After reverting my pc to a restore point I find that my default apps are not visible on the task bar. I have tried resetting them from Microsoft reset option. That did not work. I have tried unpinning and re-pinning that does not work. Help please....
  6. Invisible app on task bar

Invisible app on task bar: After reverting my pc to a restore point I find that my default apps are not visible on the task bar. I have tried resetting them from Microsoft reset option. That did not work. I have tried unpinning and re-pinning that does not work. Help please....
  7. Invisible app on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. (FIXED) Task-bar. Tryed to delete and icon but instead it turned invisible

(FIXED) Task-bar. Tryed to delete and icon but instead it turned invisible: So I was using my new Acer computer when I try to delete amazon off my task-bar. It does it but when I open a new application on my computer that is not on my task bar it comes up one space ahead instead. I right click the blank space and it opens the right click menu for...
  9. Task-bar. Tryed to delete and icon but instead it turned invisible

Task-bar. Tryed to delete and icon but instead it turned invisible: So I was using my new Acer computer when I try to delete amazon off my task-bar. It does it but when I open a new application on my computer that is not on my task bar it comes up one space ahead instead. I right click the blank space and it opens the right click menu for...
  10. some task bar icons are invisibles

some task bar icons are invisibles: some of the icons disappear only after pinned to the task bar like: settings icon; calender; alarm; sticky notes and others..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/some-task-bar-icons-are-invisibles/5940202c-c44a-416f-a7b0-9a1e4e09f667

Users found this page by searching for:

1. some of the icons on the taskbar are invisible - theyre still pinned and there but there is no image

2. why is my outlook at the bottom on my taskbar invisible

3. windows task bar icons invisible