Windows 10: Icons on the taskbar got weird.

Discus and support Icons on the taskbar got weird. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since 2-3 days ago, the icons on the taskbar began to act weird. First off, the volume icon was missing. So, I researched it and found a solution. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jin8864, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Jin8864 Win User

Icons on the taskbar got weird.

Since 2-3 days ago, the icons on the taskbar began to act weird. First off, the volume icon was missing. So, I researched it and found a solution. It said that open the taskbar setting window and check select which icons appear on the taskbar. There were toggle buttons and all of them were on. I tried to turn off and on again and found they began switching on and off. Let me give you an example to describe better.

eg) The state that volume button is missing:

I turned off the volume toggle and on again, and the wifi icon was disappeared.

eg2) The state that wifi icon is missing:

I turned off the wifi toggle and on again, and the power icon was disappeared.

eg3) The state that power icon is missing:

I turned off the power toggle and on again, and the volume icon was disappeared.

As you can see, they are on and off with rotation. I also uninstalled the software which I installed in 2-3 days, but nothing was fixed. I tried every solution on the web, but none of them worked.

:)

Jin8864, Apr 11, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Icons on the taskbar got weird.

How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Icons on the taskbar got weird.

1. Icons on the taskbar got weird. - Similar Threads - Icons taskbar got

2. Taskbar icons are blinking and moving weirdly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons are blinking and moving weirdly: System InfoAMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 4.20 GHz RAM 32.0GB31.9GB Windows 11 Pro 22H2 OS 22624.1690 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0 captured video of symptoms...
  3. Taskbar icons are blinking and moving weirdly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons are blinking and moving weirdly: System InfoAMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 4.20 GHz RAM 32.0GB31.9GB Windows 11 Pro 22H2 OS 22624.1690 Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0 captured video of symptoms...
  4. My taskbar icons keep overlapping and weird spacings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar icons keep overlapping and weird spacings: For some reason my icons on my taskbar keeps on overlapping and having weird spacings at times. I don't know why its doing that or the reason behind it. Behind the settings icon is the discord icon and notice the weird spacing with the last icon....
  5. Weird Icon Pops Up On Taskbar. Crashes Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Icon Pops Up On Taskbar. Crashes Chrome: Lately I have been experiencing a bug that causes my Chrome to crash and reopen a second later, and usually this icon pops up in my taskbar for a second. Does anyone know what it is? Please help....
  6. Weird Icon Pops Up On Taskbar. Crashes Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Icon Pops Up On Taskbar. Crashes Chrome: Lately I have been experiencing a bug that causes my Chrome to crash and reopen a second later, and usually this icon pops up in my taskbar for a second. Does anyone know what it is? Please help....
  7. Weird Microsoft Store icon on taskbar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Weird Microsoft Store icon on taskbar: I'm getting a weird icon for the microsoft store on the taskbar of windows 10. It happened also with spotify, but I uninstalled it and installed back, and it came back to normal, but I can't do the same with microsoft store. Unpinning it from taskbar does not fix the problem....
  8. Got some tiny weird Icon on my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Got some tiny weird Icon on my desktop: Hi, I got very tiny weird ICON on my desktop. When I tired to click on it nothing happened, but it vanished once i closed my excel sheet and few other documents. I tried to regenerate the issue, but of no luck. I just want to know what is that....
  9. Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox: Not sure if this is a browser (latest Firefox) or Windows problem, so I'll describe the issue here. All my program shortcuts are placed on the taskbar. The problem I'm about to describe and show, only occurs with the Firefox taskbar icon and its preview thumbnails. And...
  10. Icon on the taskbar that got changed are smaller...

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon on the taskbar that got changed are smaller...: Hello everyone, I do not know why it is like this but icon that are not the original that come with programs look much smaller on the taskbar and yes I am sure I download the icon at the maximum size 512 if I am not wrong and checked it on several computers here a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. got werid looking icons on my resume