Windows 10: Icons on virtual desktops

Discus and support Icons on virtual desktops in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to use the virtual desktop feature on windows 10 but i want different icons visible when switching between the 2 desktops. As it is now when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/idkifthisisgonnawork, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Icons on virtual desktops

I want to use the virtual desktop feature on windows 10 but i want different icons visible when switching between the 2 desktops. As it is now when i open a new desktop all the icons just move over.

submitted by /u/idkifthisisgonnawork
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/idkifthisisgonnawork, Aug 17, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Aug 31, 2020
  3. crionsynx Win User
    virtual desktops

Click the Task View button beside the search box/icon in the taskbar.

Click +Desktop to add Virtual Desktop

Hover your mouse to Desktop1 to show list of open Windows

Drag and drop each Windows to target virtual desktop

crionsynx, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Icons on virtual desktops

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Icons on virtual desktops

1. Icons on virtual desktops - Similar Threads - Icons virtual desktops

2. Desktop Icons disappeared after switching to virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Icons disappeared after switching to virtual desktop: Hello,I accidentally pressed a shortcut, not sure which one, something like Windows + Control + D, and it switched the desktop.I didn't know about these keys, but when I pressed them, all my icons from my original screen disapperead when switching to the other desktops.Is...
  3. Desktop Icons disappeared after switching to virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons disappeared after switching to virtual desktop: Hello,I accidentally pressed a shortcut, not sure which one, something like Windows + Control + D, and it switched the desktop.I didn't know about these keys, but when I pressed them, all my icons from my original screen disapperead when switching to the other desktops.Is...
  4. Desktop Icons disappeared after switching to virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?: To create a new virtual desktop, press Win+Ctrl+d. Got that. But how do I create a new virtual desktop that has only 1 or two icons from the original in Win 10 v1903 (the last successful update was Feb 13)? Thanks. 151507
  6. virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    virtual desktop: hello im trying to tern off virtual desktop when i miss click the win key and tap i did try regedit to disable it and i did try Gpedit.msc i heat this virtual desktop and i need help even if u can help me deleted i will appreciated...
  7. How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?: To create a new virtual desktop, press Win+Ctrl+d. Got that. But how do I create a new virtual desktop that has only 1 or two icons from the original in Win 10 v1903 (the last successful update was Feb 13)? Thanks. 151507
  8. Virtual Desktops

Virtual Desktops: Right now, if I have three virtual desktops created, and I open Sticky Notes in VD 1 and then if I open Sticky Notes in VD 2, I sends me back to VD 1. This issue is very annoying and is making it very hard to used virtual desktops. Please Help!...
  9. How I Created Icons for the Virtual Desktops

How I Created Icons for the Virtual Desktops: Just an idea for anyone wanting icons for the virtual desktop. You need a fixed number of virtual desktops for this to work. For example, I am using 3 virtual desktops. If I wanted to use 4, I would have to recode it or just not used the icons. - Get a free scripting...
  10. virtual desktop icon missing in W10

in Windows 10 Support
    virtual desktop icon missing in W10: Hello, my virtual desktop icon missing in W10 please see screen shot attached. I can get desktops using Windows/Tab [img] 18525