Windows 10: ICONs overlapping on desktop

Discus and support ICONs overlapping on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have all of my ICONs are pasted over the top of each other. when you go to click on a ICON it takes up half of the screen horizontally. Vertically it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EthanWard1, Apr 17, 2020.

1. ICONs overlapping on desktop

I have all of my ICONs are pasted over the top of each other. when you go to click on a ICON it takes up half of the screen horizontally. Vertically it is still the normal size.

How do I fix this???ICONs overlapping on desktop [​IMG]

Have attached a screen shot.

:)

EthanWard1, Apr 17, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Apr 17, 2020
  4. ICONs overlapping on desktop

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

ICONs overlapping on desktop

1. ICONs overlapping on desktop - Similar Threads - ICONs overlapping desktop

2. windows 11: Icons on desktop overlapping. Only 8 to 10 icons are there on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11: Icons on desktop overlapping. Only 8 to 10 icons are there on desktop: windows 11: Icons on desktop overlapping. Only 8 to 10 icons are there on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-icons-on-desktop-overlapping-only-8-to/30a65ef0-7d38-4517-863c-3f85bd4d52f0
  3. windows 11: Icons on desktop overlapping. Only 8 to 10 icons are there on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11: Icons on desktop overlapping. Only 8 to 10 icons are there on desktop: windows 11: Icons on desktop overlapping. Only 8 to 10 icons are there on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-icons-on-desktop-overlapping-only-8-to/30a65ef0-7d38-4517-863c-3f85bd4d52f0
  4. Taskbar icons overlapping

Taskbar icons overlapping: Hi so this bug normally happens when I close or open a new window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-overlapping/635565eb-b0c1-4a56-9bb5-384d0588c921
  5. Overlapping Icons on Windows 11 Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Overlapping Icons on Windows 11 Desktop: Hi folks,The icons on my desktop are overlapping. I have the "Auto-Arrange" and "Align to Grid" options enabled. I tried changing the size of the icons - Small, Medium, Large. Also changed the scale of the display back to 150%. I am currently using 175%. None of them made a...
  6. Overlapping Icons on Windows 11 Desktop

Overlapping Icons on Windows 11 Desktop: Hi folks,The icons on my desktop are overlapping. I have the "Auto-Arrange" and "Align to Grid" options enabled. I tried changing the size of the icons - Small, Medium, Large. Also changed the scale of the display back to 150%. I am currently using 175%. None of them made a...
  7. Icons on desktop overlap + other display anomalies

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on desktop overlap + other display anomalies: Hi.I recently bought a new laptop, and since it's so new I can reset it if that's the easiest fix to my issue:I bought a Lenovo Legion laptop, and I have it connected to a LG 75" TV, so I hardly ever use the laptop's screen. When connected to the TV, the screen resolution...
  8. desktop icons are overlapping FIXED

desktop icons are overlapping FIXED: so i was messing around with the text size of my computer to see if anything worked the best for me. then i looked at my desktop where your computer background will be then i saw that there were only to rows, and the first row had most of the programs i had downloaded...
  9. desktop icons are overlapping D:

desktop icons are overlapping D:: so i was messing around with the text size of my computer to see if anything worked the best for me. then i looked at my desktop where your computer background will be then i saw that there were only to rows, and the first row had most of the programs i had downloaded...
  10. Desktop Icons overlap?

Desktop Icons overlap?: Hey, normally there is a minimum distance between the icons on the desktop. However, this is no longer present with me. (see picture) [ATTACH] Of course I find it very annoying when the distances between the icons are different and they can even overlap. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop icon names overlapping

2. why do icons overlap on desktop windows 10