Windows 10: Icons periodically show on task bar with new computer

Discus and support Icons periodically show on task bar with new computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I purchased a new laptop since my other one died. I went the normal routine of adding printers, emails adding my favorite icons to the task bar. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Margie Nelson, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Icons periodically show on task bar with new computer

I purchased a new laptop since my other one died. I went the normal routine of adding printers, emails adding my favorite icons to the task bar. They looked fine.

I was working on the computer and noticed they weren't the icons I had added. Thinking maybe I was remembering correctly so I added again.

Same thing happened again.

I've never had this happen on any other computer before so I'm stalled at what to do next. With a new computer, there shouldn't be this problem.

:)

Margie Nelson, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Disappearing task bar icons

Hi,

For better assistance, we'd like to ask what are the updates that have been installed in your computer? Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the issue?

To view your update history, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings and then click
      Update & security.
    • Under Windows Update, click Advanced options.
    • Under ADVANCED OPTIONS, click View your update history.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Task Bar Icons Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If the icon is hidden from the task bar, you can enable it by using the following steps. The icon might be hidden. Here's how to show the battery icon:

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under Notification area, click
      Customize.
    • In Notification Area Icons, click on Select
      which icons appear on Taskbar.
    • On in the drop-down list next to
      Power, and then click OK.
    If the issue still persists you can try Updating the latest Power management driver software for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Icons periodically show on task bar with new computer

Computer not showing desktop or start icon?

My computer is not showing the desktop icons or the start menu bar... everytime I want to open something i have to use the windows task manager. anyone know why this happens? also when i want to open My Computer properties or something it says I'm missing the RUNDLL32.EXE

Victas2009, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Icons periodically show on task bar with new computer

1. Icons periodically show on task bar with new computer - Similar Threads - Icons periodically show

2. Icons not showing on the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons not showing on the task bar: The ions on the task bar keeps disappearing. Like few icons are visible and few are gone. Even thought the application is running. And in place of the icon there is a blank space I can click on icon to open the application and all the other stuff but it is the problem with...
  3. Icons not showing on the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons not showing on the task bar: The ions on the task bar keeps disappearing. Like few icons are visible and few are gone. Even thought the application is running. And in place of the icon there is a blank space I can click on icon to open the application and all the other stuff but it is the problem with...
  4. Icons on Start Bar/Task bar NOT showing properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on Start Bar/Task bar NOT showing properly: i have just upgraded to Windows 11 pro 64 bit via an ISO install. So a fresh Windows 11 OS on the PC. Running 21H2 OS Bld 22000.8561. Have 2 users one local Admin account as an administator. And then my MS account which is my User account. At the RH end of the bottom bar...
  5. Icons on Start Bar/Task bar NOT showing properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on Start Bar/Task bar NOT showing properly: i have just upgraded to Windows 11 pro 64 bit via an ISO install. So a fresh Windows 11 OS on the PC. Running 21H2 OS Bld 22000.8561. Have 2 users one local Admin account as an administator. And then my MS account which is my User account. At the RH end of the bottom bar...
  6. No battery icon showing up on task bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No battery icon showing up on task bar: [ATTACH] Last night before I turn my laptop off, It was around 40%, so I'll know that I need to charge it the next time I use it. I've waited for 5 mins to show the battery icon to pop up and It won't show, I looked into settings and it is "on" but it's not on my taskbar,...
  7. Battery/Power icon periodically not displaying on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery/Power icon periodically not displaying on task bar: Periodically the battery/power icon fails to display in the System Tray on the Tack Bar. I go to Start -> Settings -> Personalization -> Task Bar -> Select which items appear on the Task Bar and the icon is disabled as per the following Screen Shot. [ATTACH] If I...
  8. Computer showing icons in task bar

Computer showing icons in task bar: [IMG]I will try and explain...all my folders have gone of the desktop. Everything i open comes in the task bar but nothing opens on the screen? I dont know if its had an upgrade? It was ok one minute the next this happened....I cant do a system restore or anything as it wont...
  9. Periodically not able to click on task bar icons or else switch tabs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Periodically not able to click on task bar icons or else switch tabs: I just started having this problem over the last couple of days. Sometimes I will not able to click on task bar icons for a couple of minutes. Other times I cannot switch tabs or scroll down in Firefox or the file explorer. Is there a way to fix this problem? Windows version...
  10. Battery icon not showing in task bar

Battery icon not showing in task bar: Hey everyone. Feeling a little unco with windows atm after swapping from 10 year use of Apple. Ive read a couple of articles mentioning the battery icon in the task bar. This is not displayed on mine. The toggle in the settings is switch on to display, so im never sure my...