Windows 10: Icons permanently selected in the taskbar on Windows 10

Discus and support Icons permanently selected in the taskbar on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an annoying problem that is rather old on my PC and I decided to search for a fix it just now. Sometimes while I use my PC, the icons in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by a1varez, Aug 19, 2018.

1. a1varez Win User

Icons permanently selected in the taskbar on Windows 10

I have an annoying problem that is rather old on my PC and I decided to search for a fix it just now.

Sometimes while I use my PC, the icons in the taskbar begin to keep permanently selected.

If I run the mouse pointer through the taskbar and then return it to the program window, the last icon that the mouse has "hovered over" is selected, bright, including the name of the program. It's like when the mouse cursor is over the program icon, but it's not.

Does anyone know what it's about and how to solve it? I hope my question is clear enough.

Thanks in advance!

Here is an example:

Icons permanently selected in the taskbar on Windows 10 5d0ad657-b01b-4ecf-9e6e-98e5e8b8b014?upload=true.png

:)

a1varez, Aug 19, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

How can I hide the notification icon on my taskbar

Hello,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to hide the notification icon on your taskbar.

• Type Settings on your search bar

• Click on systems

• Select notifications and actions

• Disable all the notifications on the screen
    Hope this information helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Icons permanently selected in the taskbar on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Icons permanently selected

2. Permanent issues with Win11 taskbar icons simply disappear or loosing icon association...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanent issues with Win11 taskbar icons simply disappear or loosing icon association...: Hello,I did reinstall a fresh new version of Win 11 Home and after a while installing basic apps for example from Adobe etc... icons appear to be fine on taskbar but after few restarts they simply started to switch in to default icon graphics. I did tried all reset of...
  3. Permanent fix to disappearing battery icon from taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Permanent fix to disappearing battery icon from taskbar.: I know this is a common problem and it can be easily fixed by following these steps: Device Manager -> Batteries -> disable and re-enable the second component inside it. But I can't do this again and again and I need a permanent fix pleaseeeee! This is not totally random...
  4. selected icon does not show on taskbar

selected icon does not show on taskbar: I followed instructions for making an icon show on the taskbar. The icon is to Safe Eject Devices. But even after a restart, that selected icon does not show on taskbar. Going nuts here.... can anyone help?...
  5. Windows 10: Icons selected to appear on Taskbar always reset to default eventually.

Windows 10: Icons selected to appear on Taskbar always reset to default eventually.: MS knows what this issue is. No description necessary. There is a locked post from two years ago with useless suggestions and promises to look into it. No resolution ever shows up. So is this site just to waste our time or has Microsoft actually learned anything about...
  6. Select which icon appear on the Taskbar

Select which icon appear on the Taskbar: I have already uninstalled an app. But option 'on/off' for that application is not removed from setting 'Select which icon appear on the Taskbar'. That should be removed after uninstallation. But still showing. Please inform me how to remove that option from Setting. All apps...
  7. Select which icons appear on the taskbar blank Icon's

in Windows 10 Support
    Select which icons appear on the taskbar blank Icon's: Hello. I have one question, sorry for my english... is not to good *Sad. I have windows 10 and recently y clean my taskbar icons with the .reg posted in this site. My question is: Is normal that when i don't have or use a program in the taskbar the icon show in blank...
  8. Pin Program Icon to Taskbar Permanently

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin Program Icon to Taskbar Permanently: As you can see in the picture below, when I click the Firefox icon, it disappears. Instead, I want it to be there permanently. How to achieve this? [img] 86415
  9. Problem with "Select Which Icons Appear On Taskbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with "Select Which Icons Appear On Taskbar": This question has been asked before, "I have a question, under "Start Menu -> Settings -> Notifications & actions -> Select icons which appear on the taskbar", how does one do maintenance on the list so it only shows items that are currently installed as it seems uninstalled...
  10. Shortcut to "select which icons appear on the taskbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut to "select which icons appear on the taskbar": My challenge is that I'm running a program that refuses to retain it's taskbar setting to always show. So, everytime I reboot, I have to go to "System\Notifications & actions\Select which icons appear on the taskbar" and find the program (it's Choicemail) and toggle on the...