Windows 10: Icons reappear after deleted from Desktop

Discus and support Icons reappear after deleted from Desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I created a file "on the desktop" videos, docs etc. then decide to delete the file, a ghost icon will reappear after opening a full screen program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Super Tweaker, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Icons reappear after deleted from Desktop

When I created a file "on the desktop" videos, docs etc. then decide to delete the file, a ghost icon will reappear after opening a full screen program or signing-out. The work-a-round is easy enough: Just right click and Refresh the screen and the ghost icon disappears. Scaling on W10 for me has been 125% for four years with no similar glitch as this. Someone got a cure?

This is happening with W10 v2004 build: 19041.508

Hopefully this will be addressed in a WU soon.

:)

Super Tweaker, Sep 23, 2020
  2. Error 404 Win User

Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown Icons reappear after deleted from Desktop :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Icons reappear after deleted from Desktop

Reappearing files I deleted

Hi Aleander,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the folder and check if it's reappear.

• Open the Command prompt with admin (Windows +x and select Command prompt).

• In the command prompt, type the command below and press enter.

NOTE: Substitute
        Full Path of Folder within quotes below with your folder's full path within quotes instead.

RD /S /Q "Full Path of Folder".

• The folder should now be deleted.

• Close the command prompt.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue and check if it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Icons reappear after deleted from Desktop

1. Icons reappear after deleted from Desktop - Similar Threads - Icons reappear deleted

2. Desktop icons disappear and reappear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons disappear and reappear.: Hello! I have a question. I notice that sometimes the icons on the desktop disappear for a split second and then immediately appear. This may happen at random. It is also noticeable when I first open the search menu after turning on the laptop. Is this allowed?Best regards....
  3. Desktop icons disappear and reappear.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons disappear and reappear.: Hello! I have a question. I notice that sometimes the icons on the desktop disappear for a split second and then immediately appear. This may happen at random. It is also noticeable when I first open the search menu after turning on the laptop. Is this allowed?Best regards....
  4. Desktop icon keeps disappearing then reappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icon keeps disappearing then reappearing: So for some reason and this only happens to one of my shortcuts but it just disappears then when i refresh is appears again but not in the same place so i have to move it back and then it just keeps doing this. Its so annoying submitted by /u/hitman4967 [link] [comments]...
  5. Deleted icons, folder, shortcuts etc reappear after some time on the Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted icons, folder, shortcuts etc reappear after some time on the Desktop: I've build myself a computer with complety new parts, storage too. Now the system is about 3 months old and I have this, minor I hope, yet annoying, little issue. On the desktop, when I delete files, shortcuts, folders and such, they reappear again after some time has...
  6. Deleted files on my desktop reappear.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted files on my desktop reappear.: So sometimes when I delete any video/photo file on my desktop (Throw it into the recycle bin), It reappears on my desktop like a day later. Normally I like to build up a lot of items in my recycle bin before deleting them all just in case I deleted something I didn't mean to....
  7. Files I deleted from desktop magically keep reappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files I deleted from desktop magically keep reappearing: About two months ago I deleted a bunch of stuff from my dekstop. A couple of shortcuts, some txt files, some folders, some small applications. After couple of weeks everything reappeared on my desktop, I googled the issue, fixed some things that people were pointing out as...
  8. Deleted desktop files keep reappearing after deletion

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted desktop files keep reappearing after deletion: Hi, if i delete a file, folder, .rar, etc. from my desktop and open a game, or program, the file keeps reappearing on the desktop. If i press F5 on the desktop it disappears, but it's very annoying to be pressing F5 the hole time and if i try to delete the file it tells me...
  9. Desktop icon of moved or deleted file reappears after scale change

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icon of moved or deleted file reappears after scale change: I'm seeing this on both 2004 machines. Easy to replicate: 1. Move or Copy a file onto the Desktop 2. Move or Delete the file from the Desktop 3. Change Display scale 4. Zombie file icon appears 5. Change Display scale back 6. Zombie file icon remains Easily removed with a...
  10. Contacts desktop shortcut keeps reappearing after being deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contacts desktop shortcut keeps reappearing after being deleted: It started a few months ago. I suddenly had a "contacts" shortcut appear on my desktop so I deleted it. It was empty. The next time I came it came back. It has never stopped, I have tried to hide it in another folder, change the name or deleting the folder it was in. For some...