Windows 10: Icons rearange themselves upon startup

Discus and support Icons rearange themselves upon startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Each time I start my PC up all the icons in the bottom row of the desktop are thrown out of that row. I have seen the others say the issue is related... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ikej96, Oct 3, 2019.

1. ikej96 Win User

Icons rearange themselves upon startup

Each time I start my PC up all the icons in the bottom row of the desktop are thrown out of that row. I have seen the others say the issue is related to scaling and setting it to 124% fixes it, however I am on a large monitor (3840x2160) and setting to 124% scaling makes it hard to see anything. Windows recommends a scaling of 300% and this makes this visible, but gives the relocation issue. What is the proper scaling? Why in gods green earth can I not put icons where I please? Is there some way to lock icons in place? Issues like this make me wonder why I paid an inordinate amount of money for an operating system that is, for all intents and purposes, a dumpster fire.

:)

ikej96, Oct 3, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 3, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

That's because your resolution is changing each time. To test, try setting to 1024x768, arrange a couple of icons and then restart the PC. As long as the resolution after startup is still 1024x768, then the icons won't move. Trust me. *Wink Icons rearange themselves upon startup ;)

qubit, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Icons rearange themselves upon startup - Similar Threads - Icons rearange themselves

2. My apps on startup disable themselves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My apps on startup disable themselves: I enable apps on start up then restart my computer and they have been disabled, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apps-on-startup-disable-themselves/652b7b23-c3ab-44c8-b790-e7558aac3b51
  3. My apps on startup disable themselves

in Windows 10 Customization
    My apps on startup disable themselves: I enable apps on start up then restart my computer and they have been disabled, please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apps-on-startup-disable-themselves/652b7b23-c3ab-44c8-b790-e7558aac3b51
  4. My apps on startup disable themselves

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Icons strangely arranging themselves?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons strangely arranging themselves?: i dunno if its because of the latest update(s), but in the past 2 days it seemed at first as if they randomly rearranging across my desktop, but after it happened again and again i noticed the icons keep going back to where they were, every single time. auto rearrange is off,...
  6. All Microsoft apps close themselves upon startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Microsoft apps close themselves upon startup: I have already asked this question and have received no success in fixing my issue. Every time I open up any Windows app it closes itself. When I look at task manager it has a leaf next to it saying its suspending this process. I have hard reset my computer and even tried to...
  7. My Icons always rearange

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Icons always rearange: hi, my name is Omar and I'm a windows user I had this problem for like 6 months now the problem is whenever I restart my pc the icons always rearrange in a random formation like the picture below so how can I stop this because it's so annoying to look for icons in a random...
  8. Startup programs removing themselves?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup programs removing themselves?: My start up programs keep removing themselves from the startup list and I have no idea why. Its happened probably a dozen times now and they seem to remove themselves for no reason, Windows wasn't just updated. Does Windows 10 do any sort of automated purging? What might the...
  9. Unknown taskbar icon flashes and quickly disappears upon startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown taskbar icon flashes and quickly disappears upon startup: Whenever I startup Windows 10 Creators Update these days, I always seem to get an unknown taskbar icon that flashes and quickly disappears. Here is a video for you guys to see what I'm talking about - it appears right next to the quick launch Firefox icon at the start....
  10. Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves: I'm resurrecting this because I've finally been able to narrow down what's happening when desktop icons re-arrange themselves even though auto-arrange icons is turned off. I've been paying more attention to what has been done when this occurs and I can now cause this issue to...