Windows 10: Icons rearranging themselves on Windows 10 after changing monitor.

Discus and support Icons rearranging themselves on Windows 10 after changing monitor. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I recently got a new monitor that upgraded from the resolution 1680 x 1050 to 1920x1080. The problem I'm having is that the icons seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dan_Banfield, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Icons rearranging themselves on Windows 10 after changing monitor.

Hi everyone. I recently got a new monitor that upgraded from the resolution 1680 x 1050 to 1920x1080. The problem I'm having is that the icons seem to be stuck in the old resolution. Whenever I change my icons' locations, they always reset after a restart. I've configured everything correctly, including resolution, and I've also done things like set "Auto Arrange" to off, delete IconCache.db, mess around with monitor resolution settings, but nothing works. If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

:)

Dan_Banfield, Jun 21, 2021
  2. Zack-321 Win User

desktop icons rearrange after connect/disconnect external monitor

I use a second monitor to extend my desktop every day at work. After upgrade to windows 10, everytime I disconnect the monitor and restart all of my icons are now shoved to the left and rearranged by type. This is very frustrating. I've got 'auto arrange
    icons' deselected and haven't found any other options. This is getting pretty frustrating, anyone have any suggestions?

Zack-321, Jun 21, 2021
  3. Pbshiver Win User
    WINDOWS 10 Desktop icons rearrange when monitor turns off/on (ONE MONITOR)

I have a problem where my icons keep rearranging to the left side of the screen every time I turn my monitor off/on again. I was wondering if anybody had an idea of what to do as other answers I found were for icons rearranging when the computer turns on/off
    which ISN'T the problem, or when someone had 2 monitors. First, a little information on my configurations and computer.

• I DO NOT have auto arrange on
    • I have an Acer monitor connected through DVI. I use the power button on the monitor to turn it off.
    • I have Windows 10 Home Edition with an AMD Radeon R9 380 graphics card
    • Keep in mind that this problem happens with ONE MONITOR. I don't need solutions for if I had 2
    • I do not nor have ever had ESET, so solutions for that won't work
    • I would not like third party programs please
    • Remember, this only happens when I turn my monitor on/off

Pbshiver, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Icons rearranging themselves on Windows 10 after changing monitor.

Desktop icons rearrange at random

Hi,

In order for us to find out what causes your screen to go blank and rearrange the desktop icons, we would like to gather more information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

Icons rearranging themselves on Windows 10 after changing monitor.

1. Icons rearranging themselves on Windows 10 after changing monitor. - Similar Threads - Icons rearranging themselves

2. Windows 11 Desktop icons rearrange and re-sort themselves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Desktop icons rearrange and re-sort themselves: Lately, my Windows desktop icons have periodically and at random rearranged and re-sorted themselves.It looks like at arbitrary times, This PC and the Recycle Bin, which are traditionally at the top left hand corner of the desktop now shift downwards. The icons re-sort...
  3. Windows 11 Desktop icons rearrange and re-sort themselves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Desktop icons rearrange and re-sort themselves: Lately, my Windows desktop icons have periodically and at random rearranged and re-sorted themselves.It looks like at arbitrary times, This PC and the Recycle Bin, which are traditionally at the top left hand corner of the desktop now shift downwards. The icons re-sort...
  4. Desktop icons rearranging themselves after reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons rearranging themselves after reboot: I'm on Windows 10 2004 Update Build 19041.746 This started happening recently, my desktop icons is always rearranging themselves after every restart. i have arranged them many times as i need and whenever i restart, they comeback to the weird arranging. Auto arrange...
  5. Icons and windows rearranging due to monitor powersaving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons and windows rearranging due to monitor powersaving: I have 1 primary 1440p screen connected via DP and two 1080p screens connected via HDMI. When the screens switch to power saving mode after a period of inactivity and i wake them up, windows are moved from the primary screen to one of the smaller monitors and resized and...
  6. Desktop Icons Automatically Rearrange Themselves on Restart or Sign Out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons Automatically Rearrange Themselves on Restart or Sign Out: my desktop Icons reset themselves automatically to some fixed position when restart my pc. I've tried doing the theme icon uncheck trick, but it did not work, I also deleted my icon cache, but that did not work. Idk this issue randomly popped up out of nowhere, the only thing...
  7. Why are my desktop icons rearranging themselves?

Why are my desktop icons rearranging themselves?: Ever since the most recent major Windows 10 update I guess a couple months ago?, every time I log in to my PC, a select few of my desktop icons get moved to a certain place. I have a dual monitor setup, one is plugged into my GPU, the other is plugged to the motherboard. If I...
  8. How can I stop desktop icons from rearranging themselves after rebooting?

How can I stop desktop icons from rearranging themselves after rebooting?: It occurs after the computer is shut down and rebooted, but not after I merely restart the computer. I have already made sure that the “auto arrange icons” is unchecked, and the “IconCache” has been deleted. Because of visual problems I have to keep the “change the size...
  9. Start menu icons rearrange themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu icons rearrange themselves: Hello, I hope someone has any idea what is happening any possibly why. My start menu icons every now and then rearrange themselves. They go from small to medium size, and groups resolve. Then I do the tedious work of arranging everything and then without a single...
  10. Windows rearrange themselves when I turn off/on monitors.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows rearrange themselves when I turn off/on monitors.: Ever since I got my new monitor, a BenQ XL2540, my windows keep rearranging themselves. First, everything moved to my main monitor, not so bad, yet annoying. But, I moved my PC + changed a cable on my 2nd monitor (a normal DVI cable, was a dual link), and now everytime i...