Windows 10: Icons seems to have a shadow

Discus and support Icons seems to have a shadow in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10, and I seem to have a problem that I noticed this morning. My icons, mouse pointer, and as I'm typing this post, even my text,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by QueenSvetlana, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Icons seems to have a shadow

I'm running Windows 10, and I seem to have a problem that I noticed this morning. My icons, mouse pointer, and as I'm typing this post, even my text, for reason have a shadow to them(See image).

Icons seems to have a shadow [​IMG]

I disabled transparency, and I went to advanced settings > system properties > Performance > settings and selected Adjust for best performance (No transparency selected). Not sure what else to do. I restarted my monitor to normal settings(I thought it was monitor, because I checked the admin account and the effect is still there).

:)

QueenSvetlana, Sep 4, 2017

2. Mysterious reset icon in taskbar

I appreciate the help but I seem to have fixed it. It was nvidia shadow lay that was Makinf the icon.

ericthedomos, Sep 4, 2017
  3. Desktop icon labels have drop shadows

On my Windows 10 Desktop, the text under icons has an unpleasant shadow. I cannot seem to remove the drop shadows. There is a checkbox (in Advance System Settings), and I have carefully unchecked it, and restarted my PC. But the drop shadows under the
    icon labels persist. I was able to get rid of the drop shadows in Windows 7 quite easily. But so far, I can't accomplish the same task in Windows 10. Any help?

SteveChesebrough, Sep 4, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Icons seems to have a shadow

These perhaps?

dalchina, Sep 4, 2017
  5. Problem is, I have none of these checked, as a matter of fact, on this very dialog box, no options are selected.

6. Stevekir Win User
    At first I could not see any shadow but on magnifying your clip I could see a very small one. My desktop is the same. In my comp. both the encircled settings are also off. Perhaps Windows displays a tiny shadow by default, unchangable.

Stevekir, Sep 4, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    With those options unchecked, with the Creator's build I see

checked:

dalchina, Sep 4, 2017
  8. Stevekir Win User

Dalchina: How to get to these options please? I got to them once using a search term (I forget what) (I am on current Creators.) I tried other search terms under "Control Panels" and also looked at all the many CP titles but no luck

It is annoying the way Microsoft changes the titles of help files like these from time to time.

Stevekir, Sep 4, 2017
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    Only changed "Show shadows under mouse pointer"

Off:

On:

f14tomcat, Sep 4, 2017
  10. f14tomcat Win User

f14tomcat, Sep 4, 2017
  11. dalchina New Member
    Perhaps the easiest way might be to type
    Advanced System
    in Cortana's search bar

&
    System
    gets you 1 step before that

dalchina, Sep 4, 2017
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    That's quite true, if you know that's what it is. That's why I put the step-by-step.

f14tomcat, Sep 4, 2017
  13. f14tomcat Win User

I just did that. Post #8.

f14tomcat, Sep 4, 2017
  14. See in this screenshot, you can see the shadow of the e behind Recycle bin (in the before and after), is that normal?

15. f14tomcat Win User
    May be the font I'm using.

f14tomcat, Sep 4, 2017
Thema:

1. Icons seems to have a shadow - Similar Threads - Icons seems shadow

2. Desktop icon labels have drop shadows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon labels have drop shadows: This morning, when I turned on my computer, the desktop icon labels have drop shadows. I have had them set to not have that since I got my computer. Last night, I shut down my computer via the power button on the computer. Today, I have drop shadows that I cannot get rid of...
  3. Icons cast a shadows

Icons cast a shadows: Hi. I have turned off this function in the performance section, and yeah, there is no shadows until I play a game and then getting out of it, then they appear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-cast-a-shadows/25a656f0-7dbe-4030-833b-68b395c9cf29
  4. Drop shadows on desktop icons

Drop shadows on desktop icons: The inability to stop drop shadows has been going on for far too long. All the Microsoft responses stating the fix as checking the Drop Shadow box is ridiculous. It doesn't stop the problem. I've started to use Virtual Desktop more often and EVERY TIME I switch desktops...
  5. Icons cast shadows bug?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons cast shadows bug?: The icons cast shadows, although I disabled this feature in the system settings in the performance section. Strangely that after rebooting or waking up from sleep mode the shadows appear or on the contrary disappear i dont know how its works...
  6. shadow on type below icon

shadow on type below icon: how do I get the shadow on the text below icon off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shadow-on-type-below-icon/5d400aa1-ba9e-4bc7-8742-699e96c2ae1e
  7. removing desktop icon shadow

removing desktop icon shadow: This is a bug that Microsoft has protected for >5 years. "We are glad that you have chosen Windows 10. I can understand that you are facing some concern regarding personalization of your desktop. Please let me help you. July 2015" No Help at all. I never asked for a shadow...
  8. Shadow font on desktop icons

Shadow font on desktop icons: I want to remove shadow font on desktop icons in Windows 10. I have tried doing this from Advanced Settings but the shadows persist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shadow-font-on-desktop-icons/912d5448-3aa4-4d59-bb3e-add9f5021727
  9. Icons not aligning with taskbar and have a blur or shadow on the side

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons not aligning with taskbar and have a blur or shadow on the side: Icons have side blur/shadow and icons don't go down line up with the taskbar like normal but have a gap between the taskbar and bottom row of icons Thanks for any help [img] 85315
  10. Shadow (fades) icons in explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Shadow (fades) icons in explorer: Can anyone explain what is this, also there are in blue color sometimes? 15150

Users found this page by searching for:

1. checkbox in windows 10 icons