Windows 10: icons started looking weird

Discus and support icons started looking weird in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; most of my icons all of a sudden changed to this for example my snipping tool icon [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LittleTavi, Apr 10, 2021.

1. icons started looking weird

most of my icons all of a sudden changed to this

for example my snipping tool icon icons started looking weird 40d161ce-8364-4f12-ac3c-964c2147d455?upload=true.png

:)

LittleTavi, Apr 10, 2021

2. Start Menu Folder Icons are being weird.

Hi Andriel,

To provide you an accurate resolution regarding your Start Menu icons issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Start Menu Folder Icons are being weird.

1) This usually happens when a program that I install or remove has a start menu entry...

2) I've noticed it for a while, but can't put an exact date to it.

3) The only real troubleshooting step I've taken is restarting my PC, and this fixes the issue, until "See 1."

AndrielChaoti, Apr 10, 2021
  4. icons started looking weird

Start Menu Folder Icons are being weird.

We appreciate the screenshot you included. Rebuilding icon cache may help us resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Copy and paste each command below one at a time into the command prompt, and press
      Enter after each command.
      • ie4uinit.exe -show
      • taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F
      • DEL /A /Q "%localappdata%\IconCache.db"
      • DEL /A /F /Q "%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\iconcache*"
      • shutdown /r /f /t 00
    Note: Performing the steps above will involve killing explorer and restarting the PC. We suggest saving anything that you're working on before proceeding.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

icons started looking weird

1. icons started looking weird - Similar Threads - icons started looking

2. desktop icons look weird'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icons look weird': Why do my desktop icons look smaller and boxed with white lines? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-look-weird/7ec70894-b930-49fe-8668-f577fce18042
  3. desktop icons look weird'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop icons look weird': Why do my desktop icons look smaller and boxed with white lines? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-look-weird/7ec70894-b930-49fe-8668-f577fce18042
  4. Windows Setting Icon looking weird

Windows Setting Icon looking weird: Hi,for the last couple of weeks or so, the Windows settings icon in the taskbar has been looking weird.I already tried re-setting the settings app Windows key --> "settings" --> right click --> App settings --> restore, but it didn't work. Still the weird noisy mosaic thing...
  5. Windows Setting Icon looking weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Setting Icon looking weird: Hi,for the last couple of weeks or so, the Windows settings icon in the taskbar has been looking weird.I already tried re-setting the settings app Windows key --> "settings" --> right click --> App settings --> restore, but it didn't work. Still the weird noisy mosaic thing...
  6. Apps icons looking weird on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps icons looking weird on desktop: Hello, this may very well be a silly question, but today some of my icons on my desktop started looking like this:the apps work normally when i click on the icons, but i just don't understand why they look like this and it's kinda bugging me. i tried restarting my laptop and...
  7. Apps icons looking weird on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps icons looking weird on desktop: Hello, this may very well be a silly question, but today some of my icons on my desktop started looking like this:the apps work normally when i click on the icons, but i just don't understand why they look like this and it's kinda bugging me. i tried restarting my laptop and...
  8. Apps icons looking weird on desktop

9. Some file icons look weird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some file icons look weird: after documents the download icon shrunk. Idk it looks weird[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-file-icons-look-weird/3467abc7-739a-4abd-a39e-79c19dd530e7
  10. Whats with this weird looking folder icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whats with this weird looking folder icon?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/goodudetheboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g327py/whats_with_this_weird_looking_folder_icon/