Windows 10: icons started looking weird

Discus and support icons started looking weird in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; most of my icons all of a sudden changed to this for example my snipping tool icon [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LittleTavi, Apr 10, 2021.

1. icons started looking weird

most of my icons all of a sudden changed to this

for example my snipping tool icon icons started looking weird 40d161ce-8364-4f12-ac3c-964c2147d455?upload=true.png

:)

LittleTavi, Apr 10, 2021

2. Start Menu Folder Icons are being weird.

Hi Andriel,

To provide you an accurate resolution regarding your Start Menu icons issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Start Menu Folder Icons are being weird.

1) This usually happens when a program that I install or remove has a start menu entry...

2) I've noticed it for a while, but can't put an exact date to it.

3) The only real troubleshooting step I've taken is restarting my PC, and this fixes the issue, until "See 1."

AndrielChaoti, Apr 10, 2021
  4. icons started looking weird

Start Menu Folder Icons are being weird.

We appreciate the screenshot you included. Rebuilding icon cache may help us resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Copy and paste each command below one at a time into the command prompt, and press
      Enter after each command.
      • ie4uinit.exe -show
      • taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F
      • DEL /A /Q "%localappdata%\IconCache.db"
      • DEL /A /F /Q "%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\iconcache*"
      • shutdown /r /f /t 00
    Note: Performing the steps above will involve killing explorer and restarting the PC. We suggest saving anything that you're working on before proceeding.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

icons started looking weird

1. icons started looking weird - Similar Threads - icons started looking

2. Search bar looking weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar looking weird: [ATTACH] This is what my search thing looks like, what happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-looking-weird/2c83f2b5-ee2f-4914-8178-e7fffa613922
  3. Weird looking BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird looking BSOD: [IMG] This is my laptop shutting down after a kernel power 41 error. Usually i get this blue screen after a few days or a week at a time. Is there something i can do to prevent this from happening?...
  4. Some file icons look weird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Some file icons look weird: after documents the download icon shrunk. Idk it looks weird[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-file-icons-look-weird/3467abc7-739a-4abd-a39e-79c19dd530e7
  5. Icons are weird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons are weird: I just reset my PC but now this happens. Either onedrive's icon turns into a random one: [ATTACH] The local disk often turns into a picture. And other weird effects. What can I do?...
  6. Whats with this weird looking folder icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whats with this weird looking folder icon?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/goodudetheboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g327py/whats_with_this_weird_looking_folder_icon/
  7. Start menu weird folder icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu weird folder icons: Hello, Since some Windows 10 versions, I often have "weird" start menu folder icons, usually when resuming my laptop from sleep mode. The Windows 10 is always a clean install, and I have seen the issue with both Microsoft and HP drivers. Here's an example on how the...
  8. Windows 10 Metro Apps icons looking weird in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Metro Apps icons looking weird in taskbar: Hi everyone Some time ago I remember having trouble installing an update to some Metro app on my Windows 10 laptop (running Windows 10 Education with a 64GB SD Card in 24/7, new Metro apps are set to save there). I was finally able to get it to install by clearing the...
  9. Cursor looks weird and jagged

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor looks weird and jagged: Ok I just got a new computer (asus m32) and installed windows 10 on it, and after installing all my apps and stuff, i added the cursor pack that i always use, and was met with this: [img] , after messing around trying to figure this out, i found that if i open magnifier,...
  10. Context Menu Looks Weird?

in Windows 10 Support
    Context Menu Looks Weird?: I do not remember my context menu looking like this...the hard black lines, I do not remember being there, I remember it being faint gray. Can anyone else verify if this is normal? Post your context menu? I've been having graphics card issues with games loading and not...