Windows 10: Icons strangely arranging themselves?

Discus and support Icons strangely arranging themselves? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i dunno if its because of the latest update(s), but in the past 2 days it seemed at first as if they randomly rearranging across my desktop, but after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xeylo, Aug 26, 2020.

1. /u/xeylo Win User

Icons strangely arranging themselves?

i dunno if its because of the latest update(s), but in the past 2 days it seemed at first as if they randomly rearranging across my desktop, but after it happened again and again i noticed the icons keep going back to where they were, every single time.
    auto rearrange is off, even tried turning off align to grid... restarting... nothing worked
    *Besides*
    putting any icon on my second desktop. so now i have an empty text file called "fix for my icon problem" totally lonely in my 2nd monitor, and if i put it back on my main monitor everything goes into oblivion and once again the icons scatter. is there a way to permanently fix it without having populate that monitor? thx in advance ♥

submitted by /u/xeylo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xeylo, Aug 26, 2020

2. desktop icon arrangement

Hello,

Kindly further elaborate your concern, to assist you better.

In the meantime, you may follow the step below to see if this would address your concern:

• Right-click on your desktop > Click View.

Note: If you want to manually arrange your desktop icons uncheck Auto arrange icons
    then drag your icons depending on where you want to place them on your desktop. If you want your icons to be aligned to the grid, check
    Align icons to grid.

Let us know what happens after.

Regile Reb, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10's Icon Arrangement

Hi,

It is possible that you're having issues with icons arrangement can be due to corruptions. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Did you get any error messages when you try to arrange the icons?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Icons strangely arranging themselves?

auto arrange icon desktop , why ?

Hi,

I would suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

a) Right click on Desktop.

b) Click on View.

c) Uncheck both "Arrange icons to grid" and "Auto arrange icons".

d) Restart the computer and check if it helps.

Anannya Podder, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Icons strangely arranging themselves?

1. Icons strangely arranging themselves? - Similar Threads - Icons strangely arranging

2. Auto Arrange Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Arrange Desktop Icons: I am on Windows 10 version 20H2.Desktop Icons are arranged in a scattered manner A-Z should be auto arranged but it is arranged as A-Z A-Z, there are two starting of the sorting order. How to make this sorting order to be singular and every icon on the desktop gets arranged...
  3. Strange Icon

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Strange Icon: Just this morning this icon kept popping up on my PC...seems to appear in everything..? Can anyone ID it and tell me how to remove it..? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-icon/15f3535c-8216-4e15-8084-5d6052a5bb1e
  4. Why do my icons arrange themselves like this whenever I log in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do my icons arrange themselves like this whenever I log in?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/kon50f4p1xj51.png?width=1152&format=png&auto=webp&s=c77d65394fa98f2ee9d1be6786f46091af3800b3 submitted by /u/8orn2hul4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iiq1le/why_do_my_icons_arrange_themselves_like_this/
  5. Arrange icons in Desktop Toolbar

Arrange icons in Desktop Toolbar: I have the Desktop toolbar added to my taskbar, but my question is how do I arrange the icons on the list that pops up? It is currently arranging them by date - newest icon at the bottom, but I want them alphabetical. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 Build 18363.815 [IMG]...
  6. How do I prevent Desktop Icons from randomly re-arranging themselves on multiple displays?

How do I prevent Desktop Icons from randomly re-arranging themselves on multiple displays?: I've been searching all over the internet for the correct answer to this question for at least a couple of hours now. None of the answers I found helped except for the following, which isn't really an answer: 1) Turn off Auto Arrange Icons 2) Make sure Align to Grid is...
  7. Desktop icon arrangement problem

Desktop icon arrangement problem: I have 2 questions as following 1. When I move icons on desktop to replace some icon, it doesn't replace respectively as shown in the figures below. [ATTACH] [IMG] but What I want is. [ATTACH] 2. When I move icons to replace the last one of the row, it doesn't...
  8. Desktop Icons doing strange things when I arrange them

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons doing strange things when I arrange them: Hey folks! I have this weird issue on my desktop when I try to arrange them, look this nonsense [img] [img] [img] Why this is happening? Thanks in advance! 111174
  9. Notification Area (System Tray) Icons Re-Arranging Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area (System Tray) Icons Re-Arranging Themselves: Hello, sometimes when I Shut Down & start up, or Restart, the computer, my Notification Area (System Tray) icons tend to re-arrange themselves slightly. I have to manage to re-arrange them the way to maximize my productivity for the computer. Is there some sort of temporary...
  10. Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Re-arrange Themselves: I'm resurrecting this because I've finally been able to narrow down what's happening when desktop icons re-arrange themselves even though auto-arrange icons is turned off. I've been paying more attention to what has been done when this occurs and I can now cause this issue to...