Windows 10: Icons, taskbar and other interface not updated even when the system says its up to date.

Discus and support Icons, taskbar and other interface not updated even when the system says its up to date. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having a predator laptop with November 2018 windows version. My system update was up to date until March 2020 when I had to restore my PC due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gokul V Sunil, May 17, 2020.

1. Icons, taskbar and other interface not updated even when the system says its up to date.

I am having a predator laptop with November 2018 windows version. My system update was up to date until March 2020 when I had to restore my PC due to some driver issues. After resetting the PC I did all the updates through windows update menu. Still, my system update is saying that my system is up to date but the overall look of my system like the icons, the start menu everything is still the old one.

How can I update all these things to a newer version? Tried windows auto-update but failed

:)

Gokul V Sunil, May 17, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 17, 2020
  3. How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, May 17, 2020
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

Icons, taskbar and other interface not updated even when the system says its up to date.

System Icons in Taskbar Bouncing Left and Right?

Hi Rob002,

There might be an application running on and off in the system's background that's why taskbar icons are rearranging from time to time. May we know the result after you perform a clean boot? Also may we ask for a screenshot of your taskbar.

In the meantime, can you try to toggle on Always show all icons in the notification area option in Windows settings. Kindly follow these steps:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + I.
    2. Choose Personalization.
    3. Click Taskbar.
    4. Under Notification area, press Select which icons will appear on the taskbar.
    5. Toggle on Always show all icons in the notification area.

After performing the steps above, check if issue persists.

Keep us posted.

Ralph Sta, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Icons, taskbar and other interface not updated even when the system says its up to date.

1. Icons, taskbar and other interface not updated even when the system says its up to date. - Similar Threads - Icons taskbar interface

2. PC says up to date but its not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC says up to date but its not: My pc tells me its up to date however everytime I restart the computer it shows installing updates and it will install. After a day I need to restart my computer again then there is an update again that it is installing. I have Windows 10 and this process is repeating for 3...
  3. PC says up to date but its not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC says up to date but its not: My pc tells me its up to date however everytime I restart the computer it shows installing updates and it will install. After a day I need to restart my computer again then there is an update again that it is installing. I have Windows 10 and this process is repeating for 3...
  4. PC says up to date but its not

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 21H1 says its up to date - but it isn't!

Windows 21H1 says its up to date - but it isn't!: A client has an older laptop that is not able to move to Windows 11.She was convinced it was fully updated, because the settings-windows update page shows "youre up to date".and assures me she always allows it to do updates.She was astonished when I showed her it had failed...
  6. Windows 21H1 says its up to date - but it isn't!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 21H1 says its up to date - but it isn't!: A client has an older laptop that is not able to move to Windows 11.She was convinced it was fully updated, because the settings-windows update page shows "youre up to date".and assures me she always allows it to do updates.She was astonished when I showed her it had failed...
  7. Windows 21H1 says its up to date - but it isn't!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. date, time and all the other systems icon missing my taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    date, time and all the other systems icon missing my taskbar.: Hi, I am not sure why but I cannot see the date, time and all the other systems icon on my taskbar is there any fix?Thanks in advance.Here is a picture of it....
  9. date, time and all the other systems icon missing my taskbar.

date, time and all the other systems icon missing my taskbar.: Hi, I am not sure why but I cannot see the date, time and all the other systems icon on my taskbar is there any fix?Thanks in advance.Here is a picture of it....
  10. Device in store says its not up to date, but it is.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device in store says its not up to date, but it is.: Recently I've tried to download items from the windows store, after fixing many problems to allow me to even hit the install button it wont let me install to my desktop as it says windows out of date. I have windows 10 up to the latest version and java fully updated, yet it...