Windows 10: Icons, taskbar and other interface not updated even when the system says its up to date.

Discus and support Icons, taskbar and other interface not updated even when the system says its up to date. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having a predator laptop with November 2018 windows version. My system update was up to date until March 2020 when I had to restore my PC due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gokul V Sunil, May 17, 2020.

1. Icons, taskbar and other interface not updated even when the system says its up to date.

I am having a predator laptop with November 2018 windows version. My system update was up to date until March 2020 when I had to restore my PC due to some driver issues. After resetting the PC I did all the updates through windows update menu. Still, my system update is saying that my system is up to date but the overall look of my system like the icons, the start menu everything is still the old one.

How can I update all these things to a newer version? Tried windows auto-update but failed

:)

Gokul V Sunil, May 17, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 17, 2020
  3. How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, May 17, 2020
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

Icons, taskbar and other interface not updated even when the system says its up to date.

System Icons in Taskbar Bouncing Left and Right?

Hi Rob002,

There might be an application running on and off in the system's background that's why taskbar icons are rearranging from time to time. May we know the result after you perform a clean boot? Also may we ask for a screenshot of your taskbar.

In the meantime, can you try to toggle on Always show all icons in the notification area option in Windows settings. Kindly follow these steps:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + I.
    2. Choose Personalization.
    3. Click Taskbar.
    4. Under Notification area, press Select which icons will appear on the taskbar.
    5. Toggle on Always show all icons in the notification area.

After performing the steps above, check if issue persists.

Keep us posted.

Ralph Sta, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Icons, taskbar and other interface not updated even when the system says its up to date.

1. Icons, taskbar and other interface not updated even when the system says its up to date. - Similar Threads - Icons taskbar interface

2. My PC says It was Up to date, but..........

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC says It was Up to date, but..........: My PC Runs Windows 1909. But, after i rolled back my Windows 10 from a Preview Build It shows Attention Needed and when i clicked it, it shows your PC is up to date also Showing a Red Exclamation Mark. Is this normal, or is it bad? Because I already Restarted my PC and It...
  3. Device in store says its not up to date, but it is.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device in store says its not up to date, but it is.: Recently I've tried to download items from the windows store, after fixing many problems to allow me to even hit the install button it wont let me install to my desktop as it says windows out of date. I have windows 10 up to the latest version and java fully updated, yet it...
  4. antivirus says drivers out of date, but the computer says they are up to date

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    antivirus says drivers out of date, but the computer says they are up to date: my "Avast free" antivirus program keeps popping up, telling me that my drivers are out of date it won't update the drivers unless i "upgrade" to a paid subscription. when i go into my computer's settings and and go to device manager and try to update the allegedly...
  5. With 1903 update, Taskbar Date/Time & other Icons now have black font!

in Windows 10 Support
    With 1903 update, Taskbar Date/Time & other Icons now have black font!: I just installed the 1903 update and now Taskbar Date/Time, Show Hidden, Network Status and Notifications Icons have black font which makes it hard to read. The same also holds true (the black font) for the open windows that are shown on the the Taskbar. How do I get the...
  6. Says I'm up to date, but I'm not

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Says I'm up to date, but I'm not: Windows Update tells me my laptop is up to date even though I'm trying to upgrade to version 1809 and my laptop (a Dell Inspiron 5579 2-in-1) is currently running version 1803. I admittedly had a couple of failed attempts to download 1809 on this laptop earlier, but now my...
  7. System Tray Icons Showing Small Even When Taskbar Set To Large

in Windows 10 Support
    System Tray Icons Showing Small Even When Taskbar Set To Large: In Windows 10, I have my taskbar set to large. My taskbar shortcuts show up correctly, but my system tray icons show up small. [img] I have already tried rebooting, moving my taskbar to the left side and back to the bottom and rebuilding my icon cache. None have worked....
  8. Windows updates are not updating but says it's up to date

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows updates are not updating but says it's up to date: When I checked my updates in View updates, there are no updates listed but in settings it says my system is up to date, This is on a 10049 updated from 10041, apart from this it works reasonably well. [img] [img] 5150
  9. Why does Win 10 say update failed but then say system is up-to-date

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does Win 10 say update failed but then say system is up-to-date: Various computers (Win 10 Home and Pro, all 64 bit) have had updates that failed but then the system claims the system is up-to-date. Sometimes in days, sometimes in weeks, the system finally agrees with itself and performs the update. I have never been able to force them...
  10. No Program Icons in Taskbar, Others Are Messed Up

in Windows 10 Support
    No Program Icons in Taskbar, Others Are Messed Up: My program icons have suddenly disappeared from the taskbar, including the volume and clock icons! I found my way over to the "turn icons on or off" page in settings, but the on/off toggle for all of my missing icons are greyed out (set to off). Any idea how I can fix this?...