Windows 10: Icons, Text size and other things change or get scrambled

Discus and support Icons, Text size and other things change or get scrambled in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to report some weird behavior on my PC and get adequate help for it. My problem pertains about Icons on my Desktop who get scrambled,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by witten1972, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Icons, Text size and other things change or get scrambled

Hi, I would like to report some weird behavior on my PC and get adequate help for it.

My problem pertains about Icons on my Desktop who get scrambled, or Fonts I set in Winaero Tweaker to enlarge text for Menu's, Statusbar etc who are set back without my intervention. Usually when I reboot, but not every time.

I also use DesktopOK to save my Icon layout and there are times DesktopOK can put them back and other times when its to no avail. In Winaero Tweaker I set the horizontal & vertical spacing of my Desktop icons to a certain number I like and also this gets messed up. And the Taskbar gets bigger too!

I already tried sfc/scannow, DISM, Ccleaner & Thumbnail and Icon Cache Rebuilder found here:
    Rebuild Icon Cache, Clear Thumbnail cache in Windows 10

When I use tools ShellBag Analyzer or PrivaZer v3.0.53 my problems are gone, for a day, or two, but quickly come back, what could be the cause?

PrivaZer v3.0.53: Free PC cleaner - Download
    ShellBag Analyzer: Free PC cleaner - Download

PS Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Drivers and the majority of my Software is up to date, and no AV problems.

Please advise...

:)

witten1972, Oct 1, 2018
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Size of TEXT on the Desktops. NOT size of icons) but size of TEXT TEXT TEXT

Hi,

Please follow below steps to change the size of text:

• In the search bar, look for Display settings, then click it.
    • A pop up will appear showing the Display settings.
    • Click on the scale to change the size of text, apps and other items.
    Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Icon & text size

To resolve your concern, we’d recommend that you follow the steps provided on how to change the font size. Here’s how to do it:

• Right-click on desktop and select Display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Advanced display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • Under Change only the text size. Select the item you want to change in the drop-down list and choose the text size.
    • Click on Apply.
    Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Oct 1, 2018
  4. erniewain Win User

Icons, Text size and other things change or get scrambled

icon text size

hi there this was not realy helpful, i only want to change the text size of icons and change the text so it looks better on my screen, but thanks for trying ok

erniewain, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Icons, Text size and other things change or get scrambled

1. Icons, Text size and other things change or get scrambled - Similar Threads - Icons Text size

2. my desktop icons are scrambled and over each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my desktop icons are scrambled and over each other: when I made some changes on the resolution the desktop icons got mad and they come over each other and not shown on the left as it was, and they aren't shown on the desktop properly....
  3. my desktop icons are scrambled and over each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my desktop icons are scrambled and over each other: when I made some changes on the resolution the desktop icons got mad and they come over each other and not shown on the left as it was, and they aren't shown on the desktop properly....
  4. Scrambled Text

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scrambled Text: When i download stuff or open txt files or open cmd it closes I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrambled-text/ed95d548-370d-4f56-8802-8ce8cd6662ed
  5. Scrambled Text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrambled Text: When i download stuff or open txt files or open cmd it closes I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrambled-text/ed95d548-370d-4f56-8802-8ce8cd6662ed
  6. Scrambled Text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 size of text,apps and other things

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 size of text,apps and other things: I used big PC screen until this day like 27'' or so. But today my monitor died and I ordered a new one from ebay. I live in Azerbaijan so it takes some months for ebay to complete it's way to Azerbaijan. So I should use my older monitor which one is only 17'' ! So, I plugged...
  8. "Change the size of text, apps and other items" not working as before

in Windows 10 Support
    "Change the size of text, apps and other items" not working as before: Hey I've recently buildt a new pc and seem to have encountered a problem with the size of text and windows in general. On my old pc i was able to have the setting at 100%, all my friends also have this at 100%. But on this pc windows and all the apps are alot smaller than on...
  9. Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Icons in Windows 10 You can make the text of icons on your screen easier to see by making them larger while keeping your display set to its recommended DPI. This will affect the text font size...
  10. Scrambled menu text

in Windows 10 Support
    Scrambled menu text: Hi, can anyone help me with this weird scrambling of the text in the menu? Windows starts up fine but after a while everything goes a bit strange, with large gaps where their should be text and areas greyed out (see jpeg attached). This happened to me in 32 bit after I...