Windows 10: Icons-Thumbnails-Folders-Files

Discus and support Icons-Thumbnails-Folders-Files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How do I make my PC to have folders display as icons and files to display as thumbnails? -thank you 169049 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MourningStar, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Icons-Thumbnails-Folders-Files

How do I make my PC to have folders display as icons and files to display as thumbnails?

-thank you

:)

MourningStar, Nov 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 showing device icons instead of thumbnails in folders

Hi me15prg9926,

There's a possibility that some folder settings may have changed. It could be set to show icons and not thumbnails. To verify that, please follow the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Click the View tab.
    • On the upper-right corner, click Options.
    • On the Folder Options, click the View tab.
    • Under Files and Folders, uncheck Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, try checking if the folder icons are already showing thumbnails.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Dgo47 Win User

Icons-Thumbnails-Folders-Files

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Icons-Thumbnails-Folders-Files

1. Icons-Thumbnails-Folders-Files - Similar Threads - Icons Thumbnails Folders

2. Icons / thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons / thumbnails: In Windows 10, I can't change the icon view to thumbnails. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-thumbnails/11b292ca-0973-40d8-ab36-6c5ce181894d
  3. Icons / thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons / thumbnails: In Windows 10, I can't change the icon view to thumbnails. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-thumbnails/11b292ca-0973-40d8-ab36-6c5ce181894d
  4. Thumbnail support for custom folder icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thumbnail support for custom folder icon?: I know how to change the icon of a folder, but the thumbnails are not showing on it. I have thumbnails enabled for everything so that's not a possible issue. Is there a way to fix it? 179936
  5. Thumbnails instead of Icon only on a specific folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnails instead of Icon only on a specific folder: Hello I'm trying to find out how I can only change the regular icon to show thumbnails only in a specific folder with images that I'm working with, but when I change it, it changes to all the other folders, even Desktop ones. Does anyone knows how to do it? Thanks !...
  6. icons or thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    icons or thumbnails?: My pc has started to show mostly icons instead of jpeg photos how can I reverse this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-or-thumbnails/c0f8aefb-25b0-4384-a70e-f9d95bb1a02b
  7. Icons and thumbnails

Icons and thumbnails: Hi all, hope you can help. Ok, in Windows 7, when changing the desktop pic, you could see thumbnails of the pics you wanted to select. I have fixed this in windows 10, all well and good, BUT, I now have thumbnails of pics on my desktop that previusly were just icons. I'd...
  8. Changing icons of default live folders with thumbnail

Changing icons of default live folders with thumbnail: Hello everyone *Smile I come with a question to which at this point I am not sure if there is an answer. Back when I had Windows 7 I used Stardock IconPackager to change the icons on my pc, included the ones of the thumbnailed folders, and it worked quite well. Since...
  9. Automatically change the Folder Icon Thumbnails to Details

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatically change the Folder Icon Thumbnails to Details: In my laptop, I was set the folder view in thumbnails, when I was open a folder and return to the original folder it was changed to detail view. I was attach the Screenshots to here. 23618
  10. Thumbnails in media files folders

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Thumbnails in media files folders: Hello, Recently when I open a folder with media files, such as mp4 videos, I only see same thumbnails for all of them, once (before starting and failed upgrade) each video file was a thumbnail picture of the video, and also noticed when I open such a folder, there is not the...