Windows 10: Icons wandering

Discus and support Icons wandering in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have installed a program called " Icon Restore" and need this since build 6xxx I have over 30 icons spread accross 2 x 23 inch screens each icon in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stormforce, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Icons wandering

I have installed a program called " Icon Restore" and need this since build 6xxx
    I have over 30 icons spread accross 2 x 23 inch screens each icon in placed in an area of the screen
    my question is why do I need to keep using this - no big deal but it should'nt be necessary

john

:)

stormforce, Aug 4, 2015

2. Wandering mouse

Hi,

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to adjust the mouse speed and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type mouse on the search bar and select Mouse and touchpad settings.
    • Select Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Select Pointer Options and adjust the mouse speed under Motion.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 4, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    A continuing problem is desktop icons don't stay where I put them on my Windows 10 computer

The Windows desktop was not designed to permanently maintain the position of icons. Not in 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc. You'll need third-party software to do that. Here's one well-known program:

Fences
    , by Stardock.

Cue the icons:

They call me the wanderer

Yeah, the wanderer

I roam around, around, around

BulldogXX, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Icons wandering

1. Icons wandering - Similar Threads - Icons wandering

2. Error Message when Clicking Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error Message when Clicking Desktop Icons: When my Desktop came up upon booting, when I clicked on Icons, I was getting a message stating 'token cannot be accessed', instead of activating the icon. I believe there was an update being installed. After powering off the machine, and back on, everyting seems fine. Any...
  3. I cannot find recycle bin on desktop Also the restore down icon doesnt work on several programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot find recycle bin on desktop Also the restore down icon doesnt work on several programs: I uninstalled expired copy of office 365 and installed anew copy ,After this I cannot find recycle bin on desktop Also the restore down icon doesnt work on several programs...
  4. New Surface Pro 6 with company maintained OS package having battery icon issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Surface Pro 6 with company maintained OS package having battery icon issues: I just got a new Surface Pro 6 from the IT dept at work, but the battery icon was not showing up. I went into device manager, and found two unknown devices that were classified as ACPI, installed them both with the stock driver and then the battery icon finally shows up, but...
  5. Double Arrows on icons and folders (compress files option)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Double Arrows on icons and folders (compress files option): Hello Guys, I recently noticed that all my folders have a double blue arrow on top, after some research I notice is a window option to compress files to save space, never saw this before ever, I want to get rid of this or turn this option off, after reading some info, I...
  6. how do I unpin microsoft account from my files icon in task bar?

how do I unpin microsoft account from my files icon in task bar?: My file icon in my task bar has microsoft account embedded into it and I can't get rid of it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unpin-microsoft-account-from-my-files/af0d71f6-d4e0-4992-8b3e-b2008269d7eb
  7. Desktop Icons

Desktop Icons: My desktop icons no longer appear and I can not place any on the desktop . What happened to them and how do I get them back and fix the problem. Windows 10 (64) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons/de710cd1-f459-4c18-8c60-d97cda6dcf9a
  8. Icons in Windows 10 not showing notifications after software update yesterday

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons in Windows 10 not showing notifications after software update yesterday: Until yesterday, I would get a yellow envelope below my Outlook icon in the taskbar when I had new mail and a notification on the Slack icon that I had a new message. All my settings are the same and I have checked them in Windows 10, Outlook and Slack. The only thing that...
  9. notifications in icon on task bar

notifications in icon on task bar: i accidently stopped notifications from games like ceasars slots showing in the icon on the task bar. how do i get these back please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-in-icon-on-task-bar/adef0a98-83a7-4046-a8af-a5b859d19c0e
  10. Wandering desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Wandering desktop icons: I know this has been brought up before but I don't remember seeing a satisfactory fix. This is absolutely my biggest problem with Windows 10. I guess I'm just a neat freak that likes a place for everything and everything in its place. Can this be fixed? if OR what is the...