Windows 10: Icons wandering

Discus and support Icons wandering in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have installed a program called " Icon Restore" and need this since build 6xxx I have over 30 icons spread accross 2 x 23 inch screens each icon in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stormforce, Aug 4, 2015.

1. stormforce Win User

Icons wandering

I have installed a program called " Icon Restore" and need this since build 6xxx
    I have over 30 icons spread accross 2 x 23 inch screens each icon in placed in an area of the screen
    my question is why do I need to keep using this - no big deal but it should'nt be necessary

john

:)

stormforce, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Krishna Prasobh V Win User

Wandering mouse

Hi,

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to adjust the mouse speed and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type mouse on the search bar and select Mouse and touchpad settings.
    • Select Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Select Pointer Options and adjust the mouse speed under Motion.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 4, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    A continuing problem is desktop icons don't stay where I put them on my Windows 10 computer

The Windows desktop was not designed to permanently maintain the position of icons. Not in 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc. You'll need third-party software to do that. Here's one well-known program:

Fences
    , by Stardock.

Cue the icons:

They call me the wanderer

Yeah, the wanderer

I roam around, around, around

BulldogXX, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Icons wandering

1. Icons wandering - Similar Threads - Icons wandering

2. Current window keeps popping icons on and off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Current window keeps popping icons on and off: Please i have a issue with my laptop Acer aspire E14 where the current window keeps popping out icons and deselecting menu when i right click. When i right click anywhere it will show up and close in seconds. I tried scanning with Malwarebytes but no fix after detected items...
  3. Icons show as none/unavailable during search

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons show as none/unavailable during search: I have posted this on r/techsupport before but received no response. As written in title, icons for apps and programs are only shown as unavailable (something like a cross) whenever I search them. Before this happened, I was overclocking my CPU + GPU (R5 2400G), and was...
  4. Windows 10 showing Missing Text and Icons on the Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 showing Missing Text and Icons on the Screen: This Morning I booted up my system and started playing CSGO (Played many times without any issues) and by mistake I pressed windows key and after few mins quit the game but the system acting weirdly after that (Screenshot Attached below) Laptop: DELL 15 - 7548 Inspiron...
  5. Windows 10 Desktop Icon Arrangement

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop Icon Arrangement: How do you keep Windows 10 from rearranging desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-desktop-icon-arrangement/75605984-7870-4b96-a728-7148a6c005b5
  6. BitLocker in 10 Pro - why is the icon looking this way?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker in 10 Pro - why is the icon looking this way?: Hi - I noticed this in BitLocker but can't remember if it is is normal. Look at the Icon posted below... [img] If the drive is Fully Encrypted with BitLocker, why is the padlock shown in a open state? TIA *Confused 120289
  7. Win 10 Taskbar - multiple displays - why different icons

Win 10 Taskbar - multiple displays - why different icons: Hello, I am using Windows 10 with multiple displays. I have "Show taskbar on all displays" On and "Show taskbar buttons on All taskbars" and "Never combine buttons on all taskbars". For some reason, the buttons on the main display are small size (icons only) and the...
  8. Bluetooth icon dissapeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth icon dissapeared: I had my PC working properly and running version 1803- Windows 64 bits. on 10/10 I had the cumulative update (KB4462919) installed and currently running OS Build 17134.345. I have Bluetooth Mouse & Keyboard combo (MX5000/MX1000) from Logitech which is running properly but...
  9. Locking Icons Into Place

Locking Icons Into Place: Hello Community, I'm a computer teacher at a private elementary school, and I have students who move icons around, delete some, or add others. Most of the time it's harmless, however, it can slow down class when the next student to use one of those computers can't find...
  10. Wandering desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Wandering desktop icons: I know this has been brought up before but I don't remember seeing a satisfactory fix. This is absolutely my biggest problem with Windows 10. I guess I'm just a neat freak that likes a place for everything and everything in its place. Can this be fixed? if OR what is the...