Icons wandering

Discus and support Icons wandering in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I have installed a program called " Icon Restore" and need this since build 6xxx I have over 30 icons spread accross 2 x 23 inch screens each icon in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stormforce, Aug 4, 2015.

1. stormforce Win User

I have installed a program called " Icon Restore" and need this since build 6xxx
    I have over 30 icons spread accross 2 x 23 inch screens each icon in placed in an area of the screen
    my question is why do I need to keep using this - no big deal but it should'nt be necessary

john

:)

stormforce, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Krishna Prasobh V Win User

Wandering mouse

Hi,

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to adjust the mouse speed and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type mouse on the search bar and select Mouse and touchpad settings.
    • Select Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Select Pointer Options and adjust the mouse speed under Motion.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 4, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    A continuing problem is desktop icons don't stay where I put them on my Windows 10 computer

The Windows desktop was not designed to permanently maintain the position of icons. Not in 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc. You'll need third-party software to do that. Here's one well-known program:

Fences
    , by Stardock.

Cue the icons:

They call me the wanderer

Yeah, the wanderer

I roam around, around, around

BulldogXX, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Icons wandering

Icons wandering - Similar Threads - Icons wandering

Forum Date

Possible to Reorder Icons in the Network Status from Tray?

Possible to Reorder Icons in the Network Status from Tray?: If I click the wifi icon or cellular icon in the tray, my options are listed as wifi, airplane mode, cellular, and mobile hotspot. Is there a way to rearrange these so they are in the order wifi, cellular, mobile hotspot, airplane mode? [img] 112447
Windows 10 Customization Today at 4:43 AM

2 Windows Defender notification icons running at startup?

2 Windows Defender notification icons running at startup?: Hello-, This is a fairly new PC and i'm not sure if I ever noticed this before but anyone know or see this before? 2 Windows Defender instances running at startup? I installed Emsisoft about a month ago I don't believe that wouldn't have anything to do with it. I only have...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security Today at 3:53 AM

"Safely remove hardware" icon not showing.

"Safely remove hardware" icon not showing.: Here we go. So the "safely remove hardware" icon is not showing. To be fair, it shows randomly, no matter if I have or have not an USB connected. It's totally random. For example, if I can't see it now, I close session or reboot, and it appears. It started to happen after...
Windows 10 Support Saturday at 6:22 PM

Font's Small and Blurry, and Icon Previews won't load.

Font's Small and Blurry, and Icon Previews won't load.: Now on my old desktop where I'm barely on, I just booted this up to find some things off. For starters, there's the font on my browser in which, (I can only hope is shown/visible in this screenshot,) makes the font appear as if I was typing thin tall text on an old gameboy...
Windows 10 Support Saturday at 7:22 AM

Edit a Desktop Icon Text, a better approach needed

Edit a Desktop Icon Text, a better approach needed: I need to edit the words at the bottom of a desktop icon. There are many links telling how to change the size, but that is not my need. The following works, but it often takes many attempts. Left click the icon. The area around it changes to light blue, indicating that it...
Windows 10 Support Jun 11, 2018

Recycle Bin Icon won't stay put on desktop.

Recycle Bin Icon won't stay put on desktop.: Hi everyone - I deal with complex issues, but this is ridiculous! W10 Pro... Have Auto Arrange Icons and Align Icons To Grid checked in View. I like my Recycle Bin in the lower left hand corner of the screen. However, it moves up four places on the left every time I log...
Windows 10 Support Jun 11, 2018

Wandering desktop icons

Wandering desktop icons: I know this has been brought up before but I don't remember seeing a satisfactory fix. This is absolutely my biggest problem with Windows 10. I guess I'm just a neat freak that likes a place for everything and everything in its place. Can this be fixed? if OR what is the...
Windows 10 Support Feb 11, 2016
Icons wandering solved