Windows 10: Icons wandering

Discus and support Icons wandering in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have installed a program called " Icon Restore" and need this since build 6xxx I have over 30 icons spread accross 2 x 23 inch screens each icon in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stormforce, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Icons wandering

I have installed a program called " Icon Restore" and need this since build 6xxx
    I have over 30 icons spread accross 2 x 23 inch screens each icon in placed in an area of the screen
    my question is why do I need to keep using this - no big deal but it should'nt be necessary

john

:)

stormforce, Aug 4, 2015

2. Wandering mouse

Hi,

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to adjust the mouse speed and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type mouse on the search bar and select Mouse and touchpad settings.
    • Select Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Select Pointer Options and adjust the mouse speed under Motion.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 4, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    A continuing problem is desktop icons don't stay where I put them on my Windows 10 computer

The Windows desktop was not designed to permanently maintain the position of icons. Not in 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc. You'll need third-party software to do that. Here's one well-known program:

Fences
    , by Stardock.

Cue the icons:

They call me the wanderer

Yeah, the wanderer

I roam around, around, around

BulldogXX, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Icons wandering

1. Icons wandering - Similar Threads - Icons wandering

2. Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...: Just recently, I took the time to declutter my downloads folder by deleting a bunch of unnecessary files. However, it seems that as a consequence, some of my icons’ textures have gone missing. Now I’m wondering what steps I should take to address this issue....
  3. Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...: Just recently, I took the time to declutter my downloads folder by deleting a bunch of unnecessary files. However, it seems that as a consequence, some of my icons’ textures have gone missing. Now I’m wondering what steps I should take to address this issue....
  4. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.: The icon on my laptop and browser keep refreshing without me issuing any command. Should i do to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icon-on-my-desktop-and-browse-keep-refreshing/a5dc16cb-2314-443a-9b27-e95bdb8c1755
  5. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.: The icon on my laptop and browser keep refreshing without me issuing any command. Should i do to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icon-on-my-desktop-and-browse-keep-refreshing/a5dc16cb-2314-443a-9b27-e95bdb8c1755
  6. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  8. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  9. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

10. Wandering desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Wandering desktop icons: I know this has been brought up before but I don't remember seeing a satisfactory fix. This is absolutely my biggest problem with Windows 10. I guess I'm just a neat freak that likes a place for everything and everything in its place. Can this be fixed? if OR what is the...