Windows 10: icons went abit wonky

Discus and support icons went abit wonky in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After resizing my desktop to make it abit more readable my icons now have very wide translucent boxes around them far past the icon size. reverting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thomaseg1, Mar 30, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

icons went abit wonky

After resizing my desktop to make it abit more readable my icons now have very wide translucent
    boxes around them far past the icon size. reverting didn't help. Aligning to grid or by name or type,
    overlayed some icons on top of each other and spaced them acordingly by the new wide boxes.

icons went abit wonky [​IMG]

:)

thomaseg1, Mar 30, 2019

2. E72 headphone jack wonky?

Is it just my phone, or is the headphone jack abit wonky?

looks abit tilted to the left and looks abit ugly when i plug the headphones in..

Kevlar---01, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

icons went abit wonky

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

icons went abit wonky

1. icons went abit wonky - Similar Threads - icons went abit

2. Wonky internet issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wonky internet issues: Whenever I use a public internet connection, I can access the internet like normal at first and then I can only access google sites. I use chrome but I have tried other browsers and it's the same thing. I've researched how to fix this for hours, have tried windows+S+cmd+admin...
  3. Wonky internet issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wonky internet issues: Whenever I use a public internet connection, I can access the internet like normal at first and then I can only access google sites. I use chrome but I have tried other browsers and it's the same thing. I've researched how to fix this for hours, have tried windows+S+cmd+admin...
  4. Got a new SSD and re-installed Windows 10 on it, and everything went wonky Files are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a new SSD and re-installed Windows 10 on it, and everything went wonky Files are...: Hi,So I was buying myself a new fan to replace my old one because my CPU was getting up to 100 degrees during some games cough Halo cough and while I was at it I was like let me buy a new upgraded SSD to replace my old one that has been slowly losing itself over the years...
  5. Got a new SSD and re-installed Windows 10 on it, and everything went wonky Files are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got a new SSD and re-installed Windows 10 on it, and everything went wonky Files are...: Hi,So I was buying myself a new fan to replace my old one because my CPU was getting up to 100 degrees during some games cough Halo cough and while I was at it I was like let me buy a new upgraded SSD to replace my old one that has been slowly losing itself over the years...
  6. Got a new SSD and re-installed Windows 10 on it, and everything went wonky Files are...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Screen Resolution Went Wonky

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Resolution Went Wonky: Last November, after a severe issue where system restore made things worse, the resolution on my monitor changed. The problem is, Windows says it is still 1440 x 900, but other programs such as Quicken complain that the resolution is too low, quite a few don't display the way...
  8. Wonky Internet Connection

Wonky Internet Connection: Basically what's going on is. I got a new laptop for my birthday and I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My old laptop works fine with the internet with playing games and such but with this laptop Which is much stronger keeps disconnecting me and I don't know why. I've...
  9. My Files Are Wonky?

My Files Are Wonky?: My computer is constantly telling me I have thousands of files in my one drive. I deleted what was showing. I also have Sims 4 with custom content. It went crazy, and now I can't delete a lot of files. It gives the delete option but nothing happens....
  10. Wonky keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wonky keyboard: The question mark key and the at sign on my Vostro3560 laptop now give the wrong symbols. This used to happen occasionally during a session and would correct with a restart, but now the problem is permanent. How can I get my keyboard back?...