Windows 10: Icons will not stay pinned to Quick Access

Discus and support Icons will not stay pinned to Quick Access in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 10.0.18363 Build 18363 on a new computer that has a SSD where I have installed my programs - C and a HDD D where I store my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DebLQ, Apr 8, 2020.

1. DebLQ Win User

Icons will not stay pinned to Quick Access

I am using Windows 10 10.0.18363 Build 18363 on a new computer that has a SSD where I have installed my programs - C and a HDD D where I store my data. I have pinned two folders Documents and a folder that is within Dropbox that syncs to my HDD to my Quick Access menu. They stay there for a bit, but even without a reboot, the next morning when I wake my screen and computer, they are gone.

Any idea how I can get them to stay pinned to Quick Access?

Also, the basic Search box for my folders does not always work - it won't allow me to type into the Search Documents box. I know this was an issue with a recent build - any idea when that will be fixed?

Thanks,

Deb

:)

DebLQ, Apr 8, 2020

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 8, 2020
  3. ArmaRayo Win User
    File Explorer Quick Access trouble.. Cannot pin items

File Explorer is behaving weird - I cannot pin items to Quick Access. When I pin items they won't appear to QA. Also when dragging items to QA nothing happens and there's a small icon indicating that is not possible.

I did some "tweaks" with Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.5 but I haven't found a setting there that could of made QA to not function.

I did some steps as remedy that I found with Google but those didn't help.

Any suggestions?

ArmaRayo, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Icons will not stay pinned to Quick Access

How to remove an orphaned icon in quick access?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below settings and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+E” it will launch Windows Explorer.
    • Click on “View” and click on “Options”.
    • To restore the default settings, I suggest you to click on “Restore Defaults”.

Also you can remove the icon by logging as “Administrator” Mode and check if it helps.

Pin, remove, and customize in Quick access

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/pin-remove-and-customize-in-quick-access#v1h=tab02

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Icons will not stay pinned to Quick Access

1. Icons will not stay pinned to Quick Access - Similar Threads - Icons stay pinned

2. Pin to Quick Access Gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin to Quick Access Gone: Ok, so Quick Access is now Home - thanks for telling us @MiCrOsOfT. But the right click option of "Pin to Quick Access" to create a short cut is still there but does not show in Home. How does that work @MiCrOsOfT?...
  3. Folders pinned to Quick Access and files pinned to Taskbar Icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folders pinned to Quick Access and files pinned to Taskbar Icons disappeared: Windows 10 I reported this issue a few weeks ago. I received advice which I followed and seemed to cure my problems. Now, some 3 weeks later it has happened again. PS It may be a coincidence but Onedrive is also failing to auto start on boot-up. It has been working...
  4. Quick access icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick access icons: [ATTACH] Is there a way of having the same icons for the files like download, music, etc on my SSD (since it's where windows is instaled) on the same files that I created on my HDD? I'm searching but can't find them, and when I find identical ones they don't change on the...
  5. Quick Access Pins Disappear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quick Access Pins Disappear: The folders that I pin to quick access disappear after a few days/weeks. The default pins stay, but the ones I add do not. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-pins-disappear/5596e1d2-9295-4c4c-a0be-d9080ac59077
  6. Pin to quick access repetition

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin to quick access repetition: It seems that by default, certain folders are pinned to quick access: Documents, Downloads, Pictures, Desktop. I keep unpinning them, and they keep pinning themselves back. Whats up with that? 157701
  7. Icon staying pinned to taskbar

Icon staying pinned to taskbar: I pin messenger icon to my taskbar - it stays for a couple of hours then disappears. How do I get it to stay? I have clicked pin to taskbar and it stays then goes. I want it to stay...
  8. Tiles and Icons Not Staying Pinned

Tiles and Icons Not Staying Pinned: Totally bizarre problem and wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing? We've got a reasonably small network with approx 30 workstations and 3 Servers. Users can pin icons to their start menu and tiles, no problem. They can also pin icons to the taskbar, no...
  9. Pinning an Item to Quick Access

Pinning an Item to Quick Access: Is there a way to pin a removable drive to Quick Access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-an-item-to-quick-access/40ce39e6-f581-4bb1-bdc3-08c17a93cb0f
  10. Icons Won't Stay the Same Size in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons Won't Stay the Same Size in Quick Access: Hi folks. I'm a longtime Windows user (since 3.1) and decided to get into a forum again. I have an odd problem: The icons in the Quick Access folder keep reverting back to the Tiles setting no matter how many times I change them to a larger size. I can set them either with...